Welcome to SEC Country

Orestes
S

Welcome to SEC Country

Post by Orestes »

Changed, even though we ignore such events as to not offend the southern people.

We should be reminded of their behavior daily. Things haven't changed all that much down there, just the government and it's willingness to impose punishments who commit such acts.

My apologies to anyone who felt I thought the picture was funny. Our history classes have erased such deeds from memory, so I thought I would remind.
Last edited by Orestes on Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

tasteless and classless ..should be taken off the site.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

guarantee that man had more heart than the pricks around him :idea: :!:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

abuck76 wrote:tasteless and classless ..should be taken off the site.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I'm thinking this is a photo of a real event which disturbs me more than it's slam at SEC fans. I'm all for good natured rivalry and ribbing but this photo's intent goes beyond that.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I don't find it funny either. Just thought everyone should know the mentallity we are dealing with. It only changed because it was forced on them, and it wasn't that long ago.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Orestes wrote:I don't find it funny either. Just thought everyone should know the mentallity we are dealing with. It only changed because it was forced on them, and it wasn't that long ago.

The SEC doesn't hold the title to hate crimes which have occured throughout our country, even in the Big Ten nation. In fact their were more slaves owned by people of the North in the form of house workers than the total working on plantations of the south. I appreciate the fact that you removed the photo and simply feel that if you feel a point needs to be made on hate crimes perhaps the political forum would be the place to make it and not a college sports forum.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

That picture was from the time before the civil rights movement. I was just reminding everyone of the type of people we are dealing with right now. Don't buy the southern friendly high school textbook version of history.

All of this is why the SEC bands together. All of this is why they hate northern football and try to disrespect it at every possible moment.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

btw, I am just ranting at this point. These next 24 hours are going to be killer.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Orestes wrote:btw, I am just ranting at this point. These next 24 hours are going to be killer.

You're excused :lol: . My stomach is in knots, crazy, isn't it? I have to go to work tomorrow and stay on task but it's going to be difficult. :?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I have to be busy also. Though maybe it will help to kill the time.

BTW, I have also been spending way too much time on the LSU message boards. They have me ready to play this game and to hit somebody :lol:

Thanks for being forgiving.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i agree with your remarks :!: but a very brutal picture :arrow: that can leave impressions in people heads :idea:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Didn't get to see the picture, but I have to agree with the fact that the South is "different"

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

O,

You really need to stop subjecting yourself to such abuse by being on the LSU fan forums......

I didn't know that they taught a "Cajun dialect" class at OU, so how in the world could you communicate with all of the outlaws???? :lol: :lol:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Eh...I was even trying to be nice at first. However, I found out that Beanie Wells is the 6th best RB they have faced this season, and that OSU is the 5th best team they have played this season. :-D

To the "OSU will be the 5th best team we have played this season" thread, I said, " Yeah, and you guys even beat 3 of those 5 teams." :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i never saw the picture , thought it had something to do with all them home games for the sec boys. gotta win somehow. GO BUCKEYES ------O-H.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I-O

ITS GAME DAY MY FELLOW BUCKEYE FAN'S WOOOOOO

O-H

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “College Sports”