fightingtigers45
S

Its Tebow

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Tebow wins it...

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

This kid is one of, if not the most class act kid I have ever saw play any sport! It's great to see him win it! If anyone has anything wrong with him, then you need to do some research on him and you'll find out how really good of a person he really is and also how great of an athlete he is! He had all of his priorities in life straight also, which most college athletes these days have different priorities it seems.

dunkball22
Freshman Team

Post by dunkball22 »

He was the most deserving of this award, and he acts like a class act. Congratulations to him, but i still strongly dislike Florida...

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

He's a class act. Congrats, but GO BUCKS!!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Tebow also is an ESPN The Magazine First Team All-Academic All-American...He has a 3.8 GPA...

TheShark
Waterboy

Post by TheShark »

WOW! I guess he is proud to be a Florida Gator. He said it about ten times.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

TheShark wrote:WOW! I guess he is proud to be a Florida Gator. He said it about ten times.

He did seem really excited, and repeated himself quite a bit. But can you blame him.

Stewy
Waterboy

Post by Stewy »

Great player and seems like a great kid.

GO BUCKS

GO BUCKS!!!
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Mcfadden must feel like crap finishing 2nd 2 years in a row

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:Mcfadden must feel like crap finishing 2nd 2 years in a row

do u think McFadden will come back becasue of this?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

no, honestly, why would he? His coach that he seems to have a good relationship with is gone, millions of dollars waitin on him, no supporting cast....

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

i did a little research only 2 people (other than McFadden) have finished second in the Heisman 2 years in a row or at all for that matter

they are Charlie Justice: North Carolina Halfback 48-49 and Glen Davis: Army Halfback 44-45

Glen Davis in his senior year won the heisman

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Can't believe I'm saying this being a Buckeye fan but I was very happy for Tebow in winning the Heisman. You rarely see athletes or anyone for that matter express their faith as he has these days. As everyone has said he's a class act and I wouldn't be a bit disappointed if he ties Archie in Heisman trophies.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I will give him credit, all that talk of JC will bring the spotlight upon him. If he slips up now in his personal life, lord (thought I would get it in there) help him. These same media members who are currently hanging from his jock, will turn on him like a pack of wolves. I hope for his sake that he stays clean. Really, I do.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The first year that Davis finished 2nd--Ohio State's Les Horvath won and the 2nd year Davis finished 2nd to his team mate Doc Blanchard

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I was wanting Brenan or McFaden to win the Heisman,..... or anyone but Tebow

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

Remember_The_Name wrote:I was wanting Brenan or McFaden to win the Heisman,..... or anyone but Tebow

Why were you wanting anyone but Tebow to win it?

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

kevbk6222 wrote:
BigMcCauley55 wrote:Mcfadden must feel like crap finishing 2nd 2 years in a row

do u think McFadden will come back becasue of this?

well for starters its all about his poin of view on it Do I want to take my place in history as a hesiman or do i want to go on to the nfl make milliions and have a chance or maybe not making history or being a bust (i doubt that myslelf)

and if Mcfadden does comeback well that shoots down the chris wells heisman hype

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

How does McFadden coming back shoot down Wells' chance for winning? McFadden has had some rather ineffective games this year and the only reasons he even came close to winning this year were:

The LSU game hype

The fact that Arkansas plays better opponents than Hawaii or Missouri

The fact that Tebow was only a Sophomore/Florida's three-loss record (better than Arkansas, but similar)

Just because his name is Darren McFadden (aka last year's hype)

Don't get me wrong, 1,700 + yards is Heisman-Caliber, but Tebow's numbers were record-breaking. I probably would have put Brennan ahead of McFadden because his numbers were amazing, I don't care what their SOS is.

Beanie Wells will go to New York next year. I'm not saying he'll win, but he'll be in New York as one of the candidates.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

it shoots it down the same way it shot down Slatons (bad season) and that guy from UCF (who had amazing numbers)

Mcfadden is Mcfadden and if he is metioned in a group of running backs for which is the best most people will say mcfadden

next year IF he does come back and i dunno tebow and daniels brake a leg and their seasons are shot so its between Mcfadden or Wells most people are going to vote Mcfadden

the rest of the running backs are in his shadow

like Mendhall form Illi who had a better season then Wells and Hart wasnt even metioned in any hesiman talks

like i said hes heisman material but i dont think he will win it especially if Tebow has antoher great season

Return to “College Sports”