Regarding college football same-season revenge (OU v mizz)

Pocket Aces
S

Regarding college football same-season revenge (OU v mizz)

Post by Pocket Aces »

Since 1992, there have been forty conference championship games....same-season revenge can be a powerful tool for predicting outcomes of rematches during NCAA hoops seasons.....I will analyze the data tonight regarding how revenging opponents do historically in these championship meetings.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It has always been said it is hard to beat the same team twice in a season. But in this case Missouri fell apart in the 4 quarter to help Oklahoma win. This game will be dicided on the team that converts the other teams mistakes.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Oklahoma turned the ball over in that game as well. Also, Oklahoma was coming off a loss to Colorado and an emotional win against arch-rival Texas the week before. Also, Oklahoma has faced the spread style of offense now for three straight weeks. Previously, OU had been preparing for Texas and then into Missouri week.

Also, don't forget that the score was 41-24 OU until 12 seconds left in the game when Mizzou scored their final/pointless TD.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Lets hope they do not get revenge this year! 8)

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Oklahoma was up 23-10 in the 3rd quarter. It looks like OU almost fell apart instead of Mizzou.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO Oaklahoma

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

BTW I love your helmet buckeye21..well until after Saturday any way

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Of the forty championship games, only 16 have involved squads who previously met during the same season....not a large enough sample size to be statistically significant, but the revenger in such rematches is a paltry 6-10.

I like Oklahoma in the game.....not for the aforementioned reason, but it just seems "fishy" that the number one team in the nation is catching 3 points on a neutral field.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I don't look at them as the #1 team in the nation....

I prefer to look at them as a team that got credit for beating a Juice-less, unranked Illinois team (which was early-season and they still got 34 points pinned on 'em) and then got a pat on the back after losing to the only team they played all year that was ranked, healthy, and had an SOS in the top 60. Then they almost blew a 21 point lead to Kansas, who I believe has one of the top 5 worst SOS's in the top 25 and hadn't played a ranked team until the Missouri game, in a single quarter.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:BTW I love your helmet buckeye21..well until after Saturday any way

thank you! 8)

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

I turn 21 on Saturday and the only thing I have been asking for is for Oklahoma to beat Mizzou and allow the Buckeyes into the National Championship game...hopefully my wish will be granted!! :lol:

BOOMER SOONER ;-)

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST

Return to “College Sports”