OHIO STATE/ MICHIGAN STATE-BIG TEN CHAMP.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OHIO STATE/ MICHIGAN STATE-BIG TEN CHAMP.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IN INDY THESE TWO MEET FOR ALL THE BIG TEN MARBLES , WHAT DO YOU SEE HAPPENING.

victor creed
Varsity

Re: OHIO STATE/ MICHIGAN STATE-BIG TEN CHAMP.

Post by victor creed »

i certainly like our chances. i think mich. states offense is taylor made for our defense. they dont spread it out too much and the qb is more of a pocket passer rather than a dual threat and they like to run it right at you. thats to the strength of our defense. i dont think is there is anyone in the country that can stop our offense. dont get me wrong its gonna be a good game and a dog fight, i just hope we make it a little easier to watch than this week. i dont think i can stand another game like this mich. game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buckeyes pass defense is horrendous which is what scares me. They have to get pressure on the QB. I really don't think the Spartans D can stop the Buckeyes offense though. Buckeyes have to take care of business and play for a National Championship in Urbans second year. Didn't Tress win it all in his 2nd year with the Bucks?

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

victor creed wrote:i certainly like our chances. i think mich. states offense is taylor made for our defense. they dont spread it out too much and the qb is more of a pocket passer rather than a dual threat and they like to run it right at you. thats to the strength of our defense. i dont think is there is anyone in the country that can stop our offense. dont get me wrong its gonna be a good game and a dog fight, i just hope we make it a little easier to watch than this week. i dont think i can stand another game like this mich. game.
Agreed. Michigan state plays right into our strengths. Pocket passer we can blitz and pressure without worrying about mobility beating us outside the pocket and making plays downfield as Gardner did. Michigan state hasn't fave Wisconsin or Ohio state this year so they haven't seen a dominate offense yet this season. I like the buckeyes by 14

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This game worries me,Bucks have not seen a defense close to being this good either, I thought Wisconsin was pretty good, but they just give up 31 to PSU today,it will be interesting to see if the offense can keep piling up the points,Michigan found a little success today getting some stops and forcing turnovers,I know one thing if the defense plays like it did today giving up over 600 yards, they will have their first loss in 2 years

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

C-Bolt wrote:This game worries me,Bucks have not seen a defense close to being this good either, I thought Wisconsin was pretty good, but they just give up 31 to PSU today,it will be interesting to see if the offense can keep piling up the points,Michigan found a little success today getting some stops and forcing turnovers,I know one thing if the defense plays like it did today giving up over 600 yards, they will have their first loss in 2 years
Agreed, Sparty has by far the best D we will have seen up to this point. Gonna take another Herculean effort but I know we have it in us. If playing for the outright big ten title and with Bama going down doesn't fully motivate this team, nothing will. And if anyone doesn't have any concern for MSU, watch the the 98 game on YouTube and get back to me! :lol: :lol:

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

To me this is a much better matchup for Ohio state. MSU has a great defense but I can't see them completely shutting down Ohio state. They're offense isn't gonna put up 600yds, I say somewhere around half that. They're offense just isn't that great and some big adjustments will be made this week. Even the ohio state players said they came into the game today too hyped and did more talking than playing.

Fact is, ohio state vs Michigan is The Game, biggest rivalry in all of sports and everything the previous 11 weeks can be thrown out the window as seen today. Michigan played their absolute best game they had in them and it still wasn't enough. Gardner played the best he could possibly play and is a talented guy when given time to make plays. Anything can happen in a rivalry game. Look at the Bama/auburn game. Bama in my opinion is the better team, auburn was the better team tonight.

Just don't look too much into the game today as an indication of the whole season or what to expect next week. It was obvious emotions were running high today. Buckeyes will bounce back next and punch their tickets to Pasadena. I've got faith in meyer vs dantonio

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:To me this is a much better matchup for Ohio state. MSU has a great defense but I can't see them completely shutting down Ohio state. They're offense isn't gonna put up 600yds, I say somewhere around half that. They're offense just isn't that great and some big adjustments will be made this week. Even the ohio state players said they came into the game today too hyped and did more talking than playing.

Fact is, ohio state vs Michigan is The Game, biggest rivalry in all of sports and everything the previous 11 weeks can be thrown out the window as seen today. Michigan played their absolute best game they had in them and it still wasn't enough. Gardner played the best he could possibly play and is a talented guy when given time to make plays. Anything can happen in a rivalry game. Look at the Bama/auburn game. Bama in my opinion is the better team, auburn was the better team tonight.

Just don't look too much into the game today as an indication of the whole season or what to expect next week. It was obvious emotions were running high today. Buckeyes will bounce back next and punch their tickets to Pasadena. I've got faith in meyer vs dantonio
Another excellent post. Sparty is very well coached, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They will give our offense some problems no doubt, but there is no way they can score enough points to keep pace with us. Remember, Jim Bollman is their co-OC and we Buckeye fans know first hand how pathetic he his. :lol: :lol: :lol: OSU fans will takeover Lucas Field!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Oaf, my man, reading the reference to the '98 game just made me physically ill and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have nightmares of Plaxico Burress (the pre self-inflicted gunshot Plax :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) all week long!!! In a perfect world, the Buckeyes will win 28-7 with Trevon Pendleton scoring the only Sparty touchdown!! 8)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

MSU just hung a impressive 14 on a terrible minnesota team, at home . I wouldnt look for some impressive outburst . I'd say OSU 31 MSU 10 .. And the formula that osu uses once again gets them to the promised land .. play no one , beat no one and hope everyone else drops a game.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

MSU just hung a impressive 14 on a terrible minnesota team, at home . I wouldnt look for some impressive outburst . I'd say OSU 31 MSU 10 .. And the formula that osu uses once again gets them to the promised land .. play no one , beat no one and hope everyone else drops a game.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

ManitouDan wrote:MSU just hung a impressive 14 on a terrible minnesota team, at home . I wouldnt look for some impressive outburst . I'd say OSU 31 MSU 10 .. And the formula that osu uses once again gets them to the promised land .. play no one , beat no one and hope everyone else drops a game.
Seems to be working for Auburn.
Also, OSU has the highest Schedule Strength of the remaining unbeaten a.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Bucks win easy.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

The ramifications of this game are staggering! Win and we're going to the BCS championship game, lose and we head to the Capital One Bowl! :lol: :lol: Time for the defense to really step it up and win us a championship, they owe the Offense after giving up over 600 yards and 41 points to scUM! Dare I say, bye bye Fickell? :122247

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jesco White wrote:Oaf, my man, reading the reference to the '98 game just made me physically ill and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have nightmares of Plaxico Burress (the pre self-inflicted gunshot Plax :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) all week long!!! In a perfect world, the Buckeyes will win 28-7 with Trevon Pendleton scoring the only Sparty touchdown!! 8)
Sorry for revisiting a horrible memory brother! Just trying to point out Sparty has smacked us a few times. 87, 98, and 11 we're especially sickening. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Can OSU hold MSU under 40, can OSU score more then 30 on them? Nothing plays into OSU favor with such a horrible defense. OSU does nothing special, MSU knows it will be Miller and Hyde, stop one or the other and they win. Miller isn't going to beat you with his arm on a consistently .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It's in a dome so Miller loses the glove and will be a lot more accurate. If Mich St. focuses solely on stopping Hyde and Miller running the ball, Miller will burn them with he pass. I don't think they can stop both running anyway.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I THINK YOU'LL SEE A DIFFERENT BUCKEYE SQUAD, WITH BAMA GETTING UPSET.
THEY SHOULD BE MUCH MORE FOCUSED AND DRIVEN. THEY HEARD ALL THE MEDIA. AND IT AFFECTED THEM. NOW LETS SEE WHERE WE GO FROM HERE, WIN AND WE'RE IN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BUT FIRST YOU GOTTA WIN. THEN WE'LL SEE HOW PHYSICAL FSU REALLY IS.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If the Bucks don't win by 14 then there is a chance we will be sitting at number 3.
We have to root for Mizzo if Sparty keeps it close.

Return to “College Sports”