BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE -WISCONSIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE -WISCONSIN.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO YOU HAVE IN THIS BATTLE OF BIG TEN GIANTS.

Badboy
Varsity

Re: BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE -WISCONSIN.

Post by Badboy »

Obviously losing JT is going to be a big hurdle for the offensive coaches to manage around. If our defense plays its best game possible we can win.

Given the fact that the same defense let mediocre teams run the ball on them we are going to have our hands full with Wisky. They have to find a way to stuff the run and make Wisky beat them through the air.

C Jones may have a huge game but is hard to expect a guy to come off the sidelines week 13 and fill the role of the one that just blitzed B1G records.

I look for lots of wildcat looks from Marshall if Jones can't get in a groove early.

Fickell and Ash have a chance to prove the doubters this week. I guess we will see if they are up to the task.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Found the kid in a dumpster. Shot himself in the University area. Didnt anyone know the trouble this kid was in mentally?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Something just doesnt seem right here. This young man must have had some serious issues. This is sad. And this is serious. What happened to this guy? Who knows what? Did they think he was just going to reappear and show back up at the facility Monday? Boy I cant wait for some answers here. The concussion thing seems sort of far-fetched at his age. But I am not a doctor.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buckeyes D has to stuff the run and make Wisky beat them through the air. Jones will be fine with a week of all the snaps and they'll run more Marshall in the wildcat, not just running out of it. DEFENSE WILL BE THE KEY TO WINNING THIS GAME.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think now OSU dedicates the game to Karageorge/Barrett and play sky high. Emotion should carry them. Keep close rein on Jones and run lots of wrinkles.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I really still cant believe that OSU gave up 251 in the air to Michigan. One of my buddies told me it looked like Michigan's wideouts had corncobs stuck up their a$$ when they ran down the field and awful hands!(Funchess anyone? :lol: ) Now I know Gardner checked down some and created some and gave OSU some trouble and that is hard to understand too. Just something not quite right.Now....Stave....Surely he wont light them up. The kid had the yips :lol: The Big 10 has been as QB poor this year as any conference in the history of college football. AND that is a fact. AND OSU is still playing their front every week to come off the edge and get deep penetration on the interior like they are playing against Marcus or something :lol: They will need gap integrity this week

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

STRANGE YOUR DISDAIN FOR THE BUCKEYES MR. GENERAL ARE YOU NOT FROM HERE.

ANYHOO, WE CONTAIN THEIR RUNNING BACK I THINK WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT SHOT AT THIS.
WE CANNOT COME OUT FLAT, AND HAVE TO PLAY FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND WITH A NEW QB, AND TAKE SOME STRAIN OFF HIM. AND AS MENTIONED , EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE HERE, EVERYTHING.
AND I THINK THEY'LL DEDICATE THIS EFFORT TO THEIR LOST BROTHER AND JT BARRETT, AND SUPRISE ALOT OF PEOPLE BY A LARGER MARGIN THAN EXPECTED. BUT IT ONLY TAKES 1 MORE POINT THAN THE RODENTS.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

What is strange about it?...I am an avid college football fan and as aware of things as anyone that gets on here. I dont buy in on all the hype and I certainly dont drink the koolade...like you. I believe that the best football is played elsewhere,and the weakness of the Big Ten does not do any favors for a team like OSU, who is vastly more skilled than any other squad in their league except 1. I am an OSU fan,but some try to portray them into things they are not. That is what I think. And have the right....To win this game the Bucks must set the edge every play,be gap sound,commit to the line of scrimmage and dont worry about getting up field. Drop the 8th down in their some,and get Guys to Melvin and Clement and pound them. McCevoy will come in and run their zone read things and they will flysweep you and use Melvin as a decoy. Their throwing game is usually only successful out of play action. Defensively,they are pretty good but not great. But physical. Cardale will get some 1 0n 1 shots down the field and Osu has a couple SEC like kids on the outside. The Bucks wont have their way on O in this game,and would not have even if Jt would have played. Be interesting.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm taking the Bucks by 20 even with JT out.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

This is it.....do whatever it takes to win. 42-41, 21-0......doesnt matter.

Get through this week with a "W" and get Jones next 3 weeks to get all the reps in practice (most at least) with the first team. 3 weeks can be a big difference....look at what it did for JT Barrett. Dont forget that Jones ad Barrett were a close race before the season as to who the starter would be. Just have to find a way to get through Saturday!

IMO Florida State will get shillacked against Georgia Tech...their fate is finally sealed. One loss and the committee will sink them like the Titanic. The reputation that Florida St has this year due to their off the field squabbles will do them in with a loss.

I dont see Bama getting beat by Mizzou, but Matty Maulk can sling the ball and we saw what Auburn did to Bama in the air. Oregon might have a close game vs Arizona and possibly lose in a shootout....but I would think its highly unlikely.

Still think TCU will be held accountable for no conference championship game. Throw in that OSU has the largest fanbase in the country (FACT....not opinion) and they will get that spot with a win vs Wisky.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GO BUCKS!!!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I would give yourself just a little leeway there Trench.. :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

EXCELLENT SUMMARY GENERAL SPOT ON. I THINK THE BUCKS WIN THIS THOUGH THEY ARE ON A MISSION.
and honestly like you I want to see the whole big ten hitting on all cylinders, but don't kid yourself into thinking the sec is either. I personally think the big ten is heading in the right direction. ohio state has beaten 8 teams that are bowl bound.i hope Nebraska and Michigan pick up some top flight coaches and strengthen the big ten.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Hope so Bait! About the BiG. I would not hold your breath. I am not going to mention everything but Michigan's only win against a team with a winning record was Appy. Good thing they played them early. Appy would have got them again later. Purdue won 3 ballgames and the only one with a winning record was Western Michigan. Penn States only good win was against a down CFla team. Rutgers got pounded 180-44 by NEB,MSU,OSU,and Wisky. Iowa won 7 ballgames BUT none and I mean NADA one against ANY FBS team with a winning record. I could go on but I wont right now. You are correct about the Coaching...IMO

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Naturally I'm for OSU,and it's not the Offense that I worry about. My concern is the defense and I have little to no confidence in them stopping the Wisconsin run. If third team (Michigan) Johnson had not injured his knee on the touchdown run he would have had well over 100 rushing yards .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is the key to this one, stopping the badger run.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

geeze o pete where in tarnation are all the folks in buckeyenation at man, it don't get any bigger than this.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:that is the key to this one, stopping the badger run.

Defense wins championships and during the Urban era TOSU has not demonstrated that they are of championship caliber.
Couple this with a new QB plus questionable special team play except for the punter, I can see Wisky rolling big time similar to what they did in the BIG CG against Nebraska in 2012. I hope I am wrong, but karma seems to be against the Buckeyes.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I agree the defense is really going to have to play out of their minds to have a chance in this one.Maybe they can rally around all this adversity and we can finally see a defense like we were used to seeing in the Tressel years.

Return to “College Sports”