JV Team

Re: Urban Meyers Coach of the Year

Post by ACCBiggz »

Absolutely not.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Synder is doing it with 85 players........Urban is doing it with 60.........Big difference........ :12224

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Yea.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Bill Snyder is also doing it at "usual scrub" Kansas state and flat beatin the a$$ off people lol

Meyer has come in done a great job tho. Working with alot of young inexperienced players and dealt with a ton of injuries. Had some good luck and things go are way. Hasn't been a pretty 9-0 start but still 9-0. Really lookin forward to this team next year with all that returns.

Still think Bill O'Brian deserves some credit. Despite losing 14 kids to transfer, 3 losses and starting 0-2 he's still held the team and fan base together and have them hope in a good season. Had a awful situation to take on

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

abuck76 wrote:Synder is doing it with 85 players........Urban is doing it with 60.........Big difference........ :12224
OSU has 82 scholarship players, nearly everyone more highly rated than Kasas State.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

How many can actually play?........Injuries........When you are putting a FullBack at Middle LB, and winning, you deserve COY........... :12224

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

all 3 people named are fine coaches, and great people, personally i hope that urban wins it.
at this point definately between snyder and meyer in my opinion.
and though o'brain has done a fine job, his team has 3 losses
1 of those to youngstown state.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

He lost to Ohio, Virginia and Ohio State

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I guess the coaches at Oregon and Notre Dame have no chance :122249

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Nope.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Oregon is a beast every year. Chip Kelley has always had the ducks in the pic since his time at Eugene and this isn't new ground.

Brian Kelley has ND in the right direction again, but its ND and it Brian Kelley. They're both expected to be good so I see them as finally living up to expectations. Really turned it around and have a great defense this season.

If K State wins out I think Bill Snyder wins it. To run through a solid big 12 with dominance and win on the road at Oklahoma and WVU speaks volume. That an the fact it's Kansas state!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

If OSU schedule wasn't so weak I'd vote for Urban, but he still got to be top 5,Saban is really the coach of the year every year at this point.they lost of lot of players from last year and still top dog

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Right now its Bill Snyder but if Oregon or Notre Dame goes undefeated how do their coaches not have a chance?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Pretty sure it was answered a couple posts ago by GoBuckeyes, all I have is Ditto.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I believe they have a chance just don't think they will. If Kstate, Oregon and ND all go undefeated it hands down goes to to Snyder because he took a team that's usually mid to lower end of conference and ram the table with dominance.

I just see it as people expect the greatness at Oregon and ND for what those programs are or have become as of late.

If we're going off just leading a team undefeated I'd give it to saban for reloading and dominating the sec like he has since he's been in Tuscaloosa.

Oregon as well. They are flat out smashing teams and taking the their foot of the gas the second half. No team has posed a huge threat to them. They could easily have prob put near a 100pts up a few times this year including this past weekend but the started don't play the 2nd half. Their back ups have more game experience than any in the country. Kenyon barner would prob be hands down heisman winner if he even got to play the 2nd half of games lol.

But if ND goes undefeated I'm sure Kelleys name will be in the mix because the program has struggled badly the past few years and put together a nice season thus far. Really only threat should be USC. But I still don't see it goin to Kelley because he was suppose to come to ND and bring em back. He's living up to expectation not exceeding and it's in his 3rd year doing so

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Kelly from ND can go undefeated he will win it. People have been wanting ND back on top and with a perfect season it puts him in the drivers seat.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

I agree with most of the posts here, I was just asking why the Kelly`s were not in the picture. If K-State goes undefeated then Snyder win hands down. Going to be an interesting last month of the season.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Any one of the 5 or 6 mentioned on here would be worthy of COY........all have done outstanding jobs in respect to their own situations........Urban Meyer, though, is in his first year on the job (along with Bill O'Brien of PSU) with virtually a whole new staff, and who took over a team with a losing record.......and now is currently undefeated. Notre Dame, Kansas State, and Oregon all had winning teams last year and were supposed to be good again this year........there were a lot of questions, though, about the Buckeyes before the season began.

Bill O'Brien of Penn State has done a great job considering the mess that he took over........defection of players, loss of scholarships, and replacing an iconic figure certainly make him worthy of COY.

Return to “College Sports”