Ohio State vs. SEC Teams (Must See)

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

ManitouDan wrote:I have visions of two 1st graders saying " My Dad can kick your Dad's butt" laughable This thread and several others have been SPECIFICALLY about the SEC VS THE BIG TEN NOT individual schools. Who is looking to hijack the thread or change the parameters ??????? It's also a FOOTBALL thread . Someone posted the last 20 years of Champs , SEC 6 times Big Ten 2 On this topic your conference comes in a distant 3rd or 4th to my conference .
You are looking to change the argument . MD

Please go back and reread the title of the forum, it says "College Sports", not "College Football", and the thread says Ohio State vs. SEC and does not specify football. The first post says "football" but it is not a "football only" thread. Once again, you are trying to define parameters that suit your argument, without looking at the big picture. I think they call that a self fullfilling prophecy - not a valid way to prove something.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

typical

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yep

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Here is a link about miles traveled by conference and team:

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/12/complete-look-at-nonconference-travel.html

Here is a post from Zanzibar (moderator) on http://www.theozone.net :

Since 1993:

Alabama's away games with credible BCS-conference teams outside of the the southeast: Oklahoma (2002), UCLA (2000).

Florida's away games with credible BCS-conference teams outside of the southeast: NONE.

Auburn's away games with credible BCS-conference teams outside of the southeast: Southern Cal (2002), Syracuse (2001)

Georgia's away games with credible BCS-conference teams outside of the southeast: NONE.

Ohio State's away games with credible BCS-conference teams outside of the midwest: Washington (2007), Texas (2006), N.C. State (2004), UCLA (2001), Arizona (2000), Washington (1994)

Ohio State all by themselves has 50% more away games at BCS schools outside their region than Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia PUT TOGETHER.

He said by "credible" he meant not a Northwestern-type or yearly cellar dwellar. However, he said he didn't find any of those either.

He also said he did not count WVU in '98 or Missouri in '97 (both were good in both years, Mizzou def top 25) because they border Big Ten states.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

A Kentucky fan criticizing OSU football is as silly as an OSU fan criticizing UK basketball. Someone like Alabama Mike may be in the legit position to do so because of Bama's long storied football history, but not a UK fan. Bandwagon LSU and UF fans have no credibility either because once those programs falter (while OSU's continues to be strong) they will just move on to the next team.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

The sec needs to get out of the south and play some big on their turf to show they are the real deal and just not a home team winner only

anyone can win at home with the right amount of Fans,exictment,that feeling that makes you play better than what you would and pride but it takes true GUTS to walk into someone elses house and beat them

and just to get this out of the way cuz im sure some idoit will say it

APpy and Oregon walked into the big house and smacked michigan in the mouth

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

more typical propaganda.

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

mhs82 wrote:Bandwagon LSU and UF fans have no credibility either because once those programs falter (while OSU's continues to be strong) they will just move on to the next team.

No, I believe I will be a Gator through the Good and the Bad! Go Gators! As long as I can remember watching college sports in general I have been a Gator fan so don't put that point on every Florida or LSU fan :!: :evil: :!: :evil:

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Bandwagon LSU and UF fans have no credibility either because once those programs falter (while OSU's continues to be strong) they will just move on to the next team.

I have been a Gator for life and will continue to be...

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I will continue to hate the buckeyes thank you MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

ManitouDan wrote:I will continue to hate the buckeyes thank you MD

Out of envy or just some unhealthy anger issues that you have?

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

CMO and fightingtigers: good for you for sticking with the Gators through thick and thin.

OSU all time record:games=648 wins=484 losses= 144 ties= 20
winning percentage:.762

Florida all time record:games=670 wins=428 losses=222 ties= 20
winning percentage: .654

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

number one the SEC not going to chance playing Ohio State. the BCS title game took care of that they could lose.. I think Ohio State is serious about playing better out of conference games I say play WVU, USC,Oklahoma,Texas the revenue would be outstanding these are made for TV games. Let the SEC play Each other and a conference title game and Knock eachother out of the bowl games.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

wow, that's terrible :shock:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

That's just the south. Ignorant and racist. Note: I did not say stupid. It's pure ignorance.

These are the people who say OSU does not belong. I would rather have some knowledge and class, and cheer for the team with lots of national titles and a 0-9 record against the SEC. The north won the battle that really mattered, but don't tell SEC fans that fact. They don't believe.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i suppose burning couches is acceptable?

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

as opposed to blatent racism, yes.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

qualified101 wrote:i suppose burning couches is acceptable?

Only happens at OSU, huh?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... trol_x.htm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... N62823.DTL

http://www.purdueexponent.org/2001/04/0 ... riots.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/other/20 ... olence.htm

I can go on all night long - how many examples do you need? The last is the most informative.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

you osu posters cast the first stone.

Return to “College Sports”