BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

hey not cool

Kentucky already beat LSU ;-)

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I love how everyone in the media is convinced that Ohio State is a "slow Big Ten team". I found this chart on another forum that compares the 40 times of the Ohio State defense and the LSU defense:

The 40 times were taken off of a scouting website. Also the guy who posted this chart said there was no 40 time listed for Rahim Allen on the scouting website.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

^^^nice

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Thanks but I can't take the credit because I stole it from another site. ;-) Anyways I'd love to throw this in Mark May's face!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

i think this is going to be a good ole smash mouth football game

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

So I got my new SI today and they have an article about how the BCS needs a playoff. And well they formed their own little playoff. In it they have OSU getting beat by Oklahoma then having Oklahoma lose to LSU in the title game. I love how no matter where you look LSU is already the National Champion. :roll: :roll:

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

There are 40 times and there is game speed. They are different.
That's not a knock on osu, cause their defense is good and fast, but there is a difference. (IMO)

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Oh I see. The speed must only translate to the field for the southern teams. :roll:

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

GO BUCKS!!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I'm sick and tired of hearing about OSU's schedule. I'm sure that when it was made, they weren't thinking that the Big Ten would be down, Washington would fold like a pup tent, and the non-league games would be as weak as they were. They played who they played and, with the exception of Illinois, beat who they played. If the experts don't like the fact that the system put OSU in this game, change the system.

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

Exactly!

There are countless articles online that keep shoving Ohio State's weak schedule down our throats and we have to keep hearing about how they will loose.

Ohio State simply played a season. I don't think they REALLY expected to outright win the Big Ten and go on to play for the NC game.

So, I guess we have to blame Ohio State for only losing 1 game. Hell, it's their fault that all of the other teams lost several games this season.

Ohio State has been chosen to participate in the NC game and that's all there is to it...they have to go play.

Bottom line: SHAME on Ohio State for winning and other teams losing. Clearly it is their fault for trying to do well this season.

Maybe I am incorrect, but I haven't heard the players or Jim Tressel claim that they are the best darn team on Earth.

It's the polls that gave them the #1

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If you can put a mid-major team like Hawaii, who has the worst SOS in college football into a BCS bowl game (and they even recieved a vote to be #1), then why is it so unbelievable and wrong that 1-loss OSU, which plays a schedule that is 40-something is in the National Championship?

People want to talk about how OSU can't defend the spread/running QBs...
Well what do you have to say about USC (supposed by many to be the "real" best team in the country)? They lost to a team that did a lot of the same stuff Illinois did by the same margin OSU lost to Illinois (one of this year's Rose Bowl candidates).

friendoftheprogram
Freshman Team

Post by friendoftheprogram »

Last year, the talk was about how team speed meant nothing, and OSU would easily handle the Gators. Now, a year later, and a whooping by Florida later, here we are again, down talking the team speed, and how fast this guy or that guy is. Let's come to reality. USO is walking into what basically is a home game for LSU, who won the best conference this year in the country. I don't think it matters how fast this guy or that guy is. This will be decided by the hawgs on the line. Who ever wins the trenches will win the game. I personally like the D line of LSU over the O line of OSU. OSU has a solid D line, but personally, I like LSU better with Dorsey and crew healthy. I think this will be a good game, unlike the boring thumping in last year's Championship game, but I think the end result will be the same.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i agree that it will be a great game and that it will come down to the battle in the trenches which shoul be a great one. OSU has one of the best O lines in the country and LSU has one of the best D lines....should make for some awesome football, I CAN'T WAIT!

GO BUCKS!!!

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

For one, this year has nothing to do with last year. And secondly, Yeah LSU won their conference but also had losses... Does that mean that all of those teams are the best teams in the country? Maybe we should have a four team playoff system for Illinois and whoever beat LSU because clearly those teams are the best in the country. :lol:

Come on man, this is college football. Anything can happen on any given day.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

OH..

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

OH..

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

GO BUCKS!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HARD TO BELIEVE 79 PERCENT OF AMERICAN POLLED CHOSE LSU. I LIKE BEING THE UNDERDOG BETTER, LIKE WITH MIAMI. WE DID NOT DO SO HOT LAST YEAR AS FAVS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

i have that game like 2 confidence points out of 32

Return to “College Sports”