Ohio State vs. SEC Teams (Must See)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

easy questions ---I'm a UK fan,(BB mainly ) I despise the bucks, I root hard for Michigan when they play. I root hard for whoever they play. It's like a 2nd fav' team every week. I like Michigan pretty well but understand reality because it has been played out in front of our very eyes ----The bucks rule the big ten (and are killing M the past few years since Tres arrived) And the bucks can't hang with the SEC. Do you still wish to argue that ?? Is there something fuzzy or unclear about WOE and 9 ? Something not understand about getting owned by the SEC 2 years in a row in the big game ? CLEAR NOW ? I guess we need the location of the game , maybe that would help WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

You're a Kentucky fan and you are criticizing the Buckeyes? Now that is a joke. You should have been embarassed to even post that. You proved my point though - SEC bandwagon! When your team sucks, you attach to the success of another team. Big 10 fans don't do that - we are Buckeye fans, or Wolverine fans, or Wisky fans, or Iowa fans. Big 12, Pac 10, ACC, Big East, MAC, etc, fans don't do that - only in the SEC. We are not Buckeye fans only when doing well, and then Wolverine fans during the down years for the Buckeyes. We are Buckeye fans whether they are 12-0 or 0-11. SEC fans are fans of the team that is doing well and hide their true allegences to their sucky teams, like UK.

Oh, to play your game: Michigan owns the SEC, Appy State owns Michigan, so Appy State owns the SEC - waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'm quite happy with my team , beat Clemson and FSU in bowls the last 2 years . Program is on the upswing some. Was really hoping they would get one of those little 10 powerhouses like Iowa or Purdue or some other upper tier big ten joke. Illinois or whisky whatever . Did appy st play any SEC teams this year ? Beast of the big ten ----0-9 VS the SEC , you can't argue that. well I bet you can MD

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

ManitouDan wrote:PS to the original poster ---I have a friend in vegas who calls BS on this topic. MD

Ok bro. This guy could own both of our souls if he wanted. If you want, I can ask him what he and George Steinbrenner had for lunch last Friday.

Look, it doesn't make me important, but this guy owns professional teams. He has OSU athletic facilities named after his family. I think he knows what is going on. I am just fortunate that my friend is employed by him, and just happened to mention my love for OSU at a business party.

Why is it that OSU is willing to schedule Texas, USC, Oklahoma, Miami, and Virginia Tech? Clearly, the memo was sent that OSU would play anyone, anywhere as long as they could get a home and home.

And ummm....Kentucky beat "FSU-lite" and it was close, congratulations. Oh and check out Kentucky's record vs. the Big Ten. Now go back to watching Basketball...errr.....hold on....nevermind....

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I am a 100% Alabama fan and I pull for the SEC schools in bowl games. Nothing about me thats bandwagon. I dont like the Buckeyes, Bengals, Reds, Indians, Zips, Flashes, Falcons, Rockets, Red Hawks, Bearcats or Musketeers. I do like OU and the Browns. :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

My soul belongs to someone ..... and HE isn't human peace dude . All men have ego's and faults. I'm not buying what your important friend is selling. Or at least that SEC schools are intentionally dodging the mighty bucks . They might be terrible scheduling conflicts and other stuff but it sure is'nt because of any fear. You want Florida to add Tosu when they already play Florida st and Miami out of conference ? that just is'nt going to happen. They teams I admire most are those who play 2 tough (meaning a team in the upper 1/3 of their conference) OOC games a year. the Bucks played none last year . It would be hard for georgia to drop Clemson (a natural rival) to add big ten team .

sorry for being skeptical of your source , but Cmon it's the internet ! MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

OK --I confess to not being able to get a peaceful nights sleep until I know ............

What did George have for lunch last week ? In and Out Burger ? Taco Bell ? Hold the Mayo ??????? My gosh FRIEND , PLEASE TELL ME the suspense is killing me . must get sleep ...... Buffet at Bellagio ? (thats what I like) Room service ? Seafood place in the bottom floor at the Rio ? Oh the importance of power :roll: MD

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I Love College football :lol:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

ManitouDan, I apologize if I referred to him as my friend. He is not a friend. I have only met him once in person. I am not saying he is better than everyone or anyone (the soul thing was a joke, as was the thing about George, though they are "friends"). I am just saying that he is informed....and not just on the Ohio State end of matters.

BTW, Florida does not play Miami all the time. This season, FSU was the only "tough" non-conference game for them. I could see UF being willing to play Miami but not OSU in Columbus. It's a longer trip, in a different environment, and a different culture. Don't kid yourself that the length of the trip doesn't matter.

We've already seen what happens to the SEC West Champs of 2006 (Arkansas) when they play tough opponents in the non-conference schedule. USC anyone?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

the big ten must get a huge chunk of money to get stomped by all those acc bb teams. do you realy want that in football also. michigan state is the only year in/year out team that has a clue in bb. i cant believe you want to go through that misery in football also.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Now the SEC bandwagoners are jumping on the ACC bandwagon for ammo. Wanna go ahead and add the PAC 10 and talk about volleyball or the Big 12 and talk about gymnastics? Pick a team and argue your point instead of picking every team and arguing against the Bucks.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

alabama mike wrote:I am a 100% Alabama fan and I pull for the SEC schools in bowl games. Nothing about me thats bandwagon. I dont like the Buckeyes, Bengals, Reds, Indians, Zips, Flashes, Falcons, Rockets, Red Hawks, Bearcats or Musketeers. I do like OU and the Browns. :lol:

Bama actually has a legit football history that can compare to UM, PSU, or OSU - no one else in the SEC has the history to compare with these teams or USC, Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Notre Dame. Bama is and always has been my favorite SEC team and I would love to see them dominate that conference again. I loved those classic Bama-Penn State matchups - for me they were almost as big as OSU-UM.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

you cant argue with most osu fans because they cant see the forest for the trees. see the last 20 years in championships. the facts are there and the link to the site. it spells it out pretty clearly. but osu fans still argue that the facts dont matter.

one discussion at a time. my football team has just as many championships as osu in the last 20 years and my bball team has many more. that disussion is for another day.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

no problem orestes , I should'nt have tryed so hard to be a jerk , after reading it again I came across too strong . see ya MD

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

qualified101 wrote:you cant argue with most osu fans because they cant see the forest for the trees. see the last 20 years in championships. the facts are there and the link to the site. it spells it out pretty clearly. but osu fans still argue that the facts dont matter.

one discussion at a time. my football team has just as many championships as osu in the last 20 years and my bball team has many more. that disussion is for another day.

What I see is one national championship pre-BCS (Florida - one year after getting baked by Nebraska 62-24)= that of the Big 10, two home game wins for LSU (one against an OSU team that was clearingly rebuilding and only got there because no one else could step up), one win by Tennessee who never should have been there had Arkansas not choked, and a legit win by Florida in Jan. 2007. I also see that the SEC teams get the easy road to the NCG because year in and year out they play weak non-conference, don't travel, and then play extremely overrated in conference teams. They also only play a couple of decent teams in bowl games and the rest are barely good enough to be considered prep schools.

Florida Bowl record: 15-18
Ohio State bowl record:18–20
-not much difference between two

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Since there isn't much difference between the teams bowl records, I guess we'll have to look at head-to-head records.

Can anyone post that information :)

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Sure, but the problem with that is you pick and choose the teams based on sport and if none in the SEC fit your argument, you look at other conferences. Bandwagoners can't pick a team and stick with it. I'm a Buckeye fan through thick or thin, you're a "my team sucks so I gotta find someone else to support my argument against a team that I envy" kinda guy. You're a Kentucky fan, I'm an OSU fan, so let's research the head to head records for all sports between the two schools. You decide right now how far we go back so you can't change the parameters mid-argument.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I have visions of two 1st graders saying " My Dad can kick your Dad's butt" laughable This thread and several others have been SPECIFICALLY about the SEC VS THE BIG TEN NOT individual schools. Who is looking to hijack the thread or change the parameters ??????? It's also a FOOTBALL thread . Someone posted the last 20 years of Champs , SEC 6 times Big Ten 2 On this topic your conference comes in a distant 3rd or 4th to my conference .
You are looking to change the argument . MD

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

ManitouDan wrote:no problem orestes , I should'nt have tryed so hard to be a jerk , after reading it again I came across too strong . see ya MD

It's completely ok. I understand how it can be viewed by people when I mention the guy I quoted. It makes it sound like I think I'm "big time" for talking to the guy. I realize I'm not. Also, I understand that tone can be hard to pick up on message boards. I have written something with laughter before, only to read it later and realize that I sounded like a prick, so it's ok if you yell at me haha.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

good point MD.

Return to “College Sports”