Flordia vs Michigan in capital one Bowl

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

USAF_Defender23 wrote:I'm a little sick today. I got into an argument with a Florida fan and I muttered those gosh darn awful words......GO BLUE!?!?!?

LORD I APOLOGIZE!

You need your mouth washed out with soap. Shame on you! :o

friendoftheprogram
Freshman Team

Post by friendoftheprogram »

Hmmm.... Another conversation about how the speed of another SEC scholl means nothing because a Big Ten team is just as fast. Let me remind you all that this an old debate, and one year ago today, the same debate was raging (prior to one school in this thread THRASHING a certain Big Ten school in title game). Let me say this: Appy State, Oregon and Florida all have 2 similarities: 1. A mobile QB 2. Wins over a Michigan D that can't stop a mobile QB.

Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard!
BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Good post Peake,I agree.Didn't see an SEC team in the top 4.Good luck to all BIG TEN teams.

friendoftheprogram
Freshman Team

BLITZBURG wrote:Didn't see an SEC team in the top 4.Good luck to all BIG TEN teams.

Another case for the SEC being a tougher conference than the Big 10. When a conference has quality, they beat each other up during the season, and one team does not run the table.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am pretty sure he was refering to how many players each team puts in the lague. OSU is 2nd to Miami, and Michigan is 4th to FSU. No SEC team in the top 4!

friendoftheprogram
Freshman Team

That's interesting, but has nothing to do with the ball game... Every college game I have ever watched was full of players who never see Sunday ball. So I didn't even touch the subject, as every conference can brag on a few players that they have graduated to the next level (SEC graduated Peyton Manning, Reggie White), including IAA conferences(Walter Peyton, Randy Moss, Tony Romo). The point I was trying to make is that Michigan had better shore up their D a lot if they want to keep pace with Florida. For the record, here is each team in both leagues according to the web link below, which shows Georgia has 43, which pushes Michigan out of your top 4...

SEC

Tennessee = 40
Georgia = 43
Florida = 37
South Carolina = 19
Kentucky = 6
Vanderbilt = 7
LSU = 34
Auburn = 33
Arkansas = 15
Mississippi State = 19
Alabama = 25
Ole Miss = 22

TOTAL = 300

Big 10

Penn State = 29
Ohio State = 47
Michigan = 42
Michigan State = 21
Indiana = 11
Purdue = 22
Illinios = 19
Iowa = 24
Wisconsin = 28
Minnesota = 14
Northwestern = 11

TOTAL = 268

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/college?letter=g

Now, back to the game... Florida behind Tebow's legs by 17.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

91 percent say florida, naturally i picked michigan. i still think they will win this , for the big 10.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Tebow wont have any legs when Crable is done with him

Either Crable is going hit him all night and keep him from running or He will hurt Tebow or He will hurt Tebow on an illegal hit or he screws up and Tebow has a great game

Crable is good but the penalties he gets for roughing the QB or Late hits or un roughness is crazy he needs to keep things under control

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Hmmm, why didn't Crable do all of that to OSU?? :-D

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

rockhillbasketball wrote:Hmmm, why didn't Crable do all of that to OSU?? :-D
well see i did say what Crable did he messed up and came close to alot of penalties :) but Boekman was nothing like Tebow so Crable had no reason why he didnt knock his head off all game

friendoftheprogram
Freshman Team

BigMcCauley55 wrote:Tebow wont have any legs when Crable is done with him

Either Crable is going hit him all night and keep him from running or He will hurt Tebow or He will hurt Tebow on an illegal hit or he screws up and Tebow has a great game

Crable is good but the penalties he gets for roughing the QB or Late hits or un roughness is crazy he needs to keep things under control

Just like he did against the other running QB's, right? Oh wait... Michigan lost to those two teams... :roll:

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Big OSU fan here, but gotta cheer for Big 10 team in this game. Florida is more fable than reality this year - overrated because they thumped an unprepared OSU game last year. UF is a good but not great team, as is Michigan. Hart, Henne, Manningham, and Long have something to prove and I think they do it in this game. The team that takes the field against the UF will not be the same one that took the field against National Champion ASU. Wolverines by 3.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i hope fla gets smacked up :arrow:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Florida

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

HMMMMMMMMMMM. Looks like its going to be a good one. Michigan 21 Florida 14 at the Half.. Michigan has had some costly turnovers and still are leading. The 2nd half should be interesting.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

28-14 Michigan. Keep it up Michigan!

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

UKNate wrote:Florida wins with ease.

Michigan (small 10 speed)-13
Florida (SEC)-45

Certainly looks like it :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

U-M needs to answer that score on this drive,or they might be in trouble.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I think they've pretty much made the point that the Big Ten is not weak. The record may not be great, but everyone is playing close football games, in games where the Big Ten was the underdog.

LSU fans have been saying that they have played 4 or 5 teams better than OSU. I beg to differ.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Michigan is the only reason the Gators are still in this game.

Return to “College Sports”