Who will be Lllllloyd's replacement?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm calling for Kelly too----a little Tress.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Vegas says that Miles is still in the picture. They say don't count him out yet. Bookies say if Michigan hasn't hired a coach by the time the NC game has been played, the new coach will be Miles. They get paid to know their stuff.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

noreplay66,

Talent is down in the state of Michigan??? Are you serious??? Last year the 4 top in state kids went to USC (rojo), FSU(DB), LSU(DT) and the next top 3 went to Michigan. This year Jonas Gray (#3 running back in the country) has signed with Notre Dame, Mike Martin (#7 DT in the country) signed with Michigan, Kenny Demens #11 LB in the country signed with Michigan, #2 DB in the country Boubacar Cissoko signed with Michigan. I don't really see what you are trying to say! Nick Perry may be the fastest riser in the nation at DE. He set the state record in sacs with 31, and has offeres from UM, MSU, USC, and Florida. Not to mention Michigan is still having little problem stilling players from Ohio. They have already landed 3 for the in comming class. Next year's class in Michigan features the #1 running back in the country and #2 DT. Do some research before you make those accusations.

Michigan is Michigan, they will be just fine.

As I have stated, Kelly has burned some bridges at Michigan, I don't think he is the man.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meatchicken is down as far as their old numbers and their real good ones go out of state----Pal---MAC here we come

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

your just throwing out opinions without any evidence to back that up. You couldn't be more wrong. Michigan looks to have another top 10 class this season in recruiting. Didn't UM just pull the #2 QB in the country last year from Texas???!! They also pulled the #2 DB in the country in Donnavon Warren last year...Looks like they are really losing it.

THis year they have two more comming from Texas. The #1 all purpose back in the country in Sam McGuffie, might want to youtube him. Darrel Stonum, 5th best WR in the country is enrolling in January. As I previously stated Bobacarr Cisssoko is the #2 DB in the country and a top 20 player according to scout. Dan O'Niel a top 100 OT is playing in the All-American HS Game (he from Michigan), as well as Christian Wilson (who is from Pennsylvania). Michigan has already landed 3 from Ohio, and two of them are also playing in the All-American game, Moore and Koger.

You are about as sharp as a butter knife.

You are right about one thing, their real good ones went out of state last year, this year they are all at Michigan aside from 1 (fred smith #4 wr in the country, he's at Michigan State).

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

LES miles sign an ext on his contract at LSU

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

yes and....Still has the same clause in the contract for UM. He can still opt out reguardless.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

If Les Miles is the creep that he seems to be(IMO) then I wouldn't be shocked to see him stab LSU in the back and go to scUM.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

peake wrote:yes and....Still has the same clause in the contract for UM. He can still opt out reguardless.
would that be more money UM has to pay LSU for him?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I think the buyout clause was 1.2 million, could be more now.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

nope it is exactly the same in his new contract

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

So maybe this ext is just a cover up until the NC is done and over with

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

There has been some talk of Miami Dolphins Coach Cam Cameron going back to UM where he was an assistant for years. With Miami going for the perfect season they may decide to try a different coach, Maybe Marty ball will be going to Miami after a year away from football.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Very good article from the Detroit News.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... PINION0314

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Ray, I too look for um to hire Brian Kelly away from Cincinnati, especially if UC cannot get a contract extentsion worked out with him. Kelly coached at D II power Grand Valley State and then turned a Central Michigan team around that was a prennianl loser before going to UC. Kelly can flat out coach, I dont care if it is the Big 10, he is a winner.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

farmer wrote:There has been some talk of Miami Dolphins Coach Cam Cameron going back to UM where he was an assistant for years. With Miami going for the perfect season they may decide to try a different coach, Maybe Marty ball will be going to Miami after a year away from football.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

that happens i quit defending michigan all together Cam Cameron cant be a head coach

He is just god awful he makes poor descicons and his play calling sucks he dosent calls plays with deep passes when you have a qb with a strong arm and the speed Ginn has

He cant draft worth anything even though Ginn turned out to be ok but they need QB that can make a difference not a WR/returner

you know things get bad when Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas would rather retire then play another season with Cam Cameron

but off the whole michigan topic
Miami will start talking to MArty and maybe just maybe not saying anything is true but Bill Cowher

and back on the michigan topic

Kelly would be awsome to have he knows what hes doing

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

They just reported that Cam is not interested and is staying in Miami but that has been said before by an ex LSU and Miami coach.

Also on the job the AD is Bill Martin but the lawyer for Mike Vick was Billy Martin just strange in how both Martin's are involved in a mess. Kind of reminds you of the messes that the late baseball player/manager Billy Martin.

bevo12
Waterboy

Post by bevo12 »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:So maybe this ext is just a cover up until the NC is done and over with

TRUE... TRUE... If you watch ESPN as religiously as i do. You would know that when it was announced that he signed his contract extension with LSu it was "pending the National Championship game." Yes there still is a buy out for Michigan in his contract for the 1.25 million.

Overall i think deep down we all know why Michigan is having such a hard time finding a coach. It's because that coach knows that once a year they have to play Tressell and his troops.

bevo12
Waterboy

Post by bevo12 »

buckeye21 wrote:If Les Miles is the creep that he seems to be(IMO) then I wouldn't be shocked to see him stab LSU in the back and go to scUM.

I agree with you. He's not much of a coach. Just look at some of his teams unrecorded stats... they are the most penalized team in college football. He has week in and week out won solely on his teams athletic ability. If he were to step in at UM he(as well as the rest of us) would realize that he's not the coach everyone makes him out to be.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I strongly disagree that Les can't caoch. He wins, reguardless of how much talent you think he has. His three year record at LSU is 33-6, not too shabby.

Also, Michigan is having a difficult time finding a caoch because they won't pay top dollar. AD Bill Martin even said it, this job seeks out the coach, meaning you have to love UM and make less. This is an Elitest attitude, and it is going to cost UM.

Return to “College Sports”