MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE. YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE. YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

We shall see how good the Bucks are under pressure with a solid team that can put a fight and hold it's own ground. It's right around the corner. It's not too far away fellers. Never get too big headed too early, it can come back and bite the big heads very hard when you least expect it. I'm not a Buck fan, but not a Buck hater either, but know a few teams on the Bucks schedule that can bring it, and can be more than a handful. Watch your footing with the big heads fellers, you could slip easily.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:41 pm Inches, what in the world have you been smoking up there? I want some. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be the best dispensary in the state

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:48 am
cbolt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:41 pm Inches, what in the world have you been smoking up there? I want some. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be the best dispensary in the state
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:13 am We shall see how good the Bucks are under pressure with a solid team that can put a fight and hold it's own ground. It's right around the corner. It's not too far away fellers. Never get too big headed too early, it can come back and bite the big heads very hard when you least expect it. I'm not a Buck fan, but not a Buck hater either, but know a few teams on the Bucks schedule that can bring it, and can be more than a handful. Watch your footing with the big heads fellers, you could slip easily.

true trench on the slip ups...….the game of college football we have modernized into having to win by 100 to say you are a good team.....hardly ever hear the defense of teams getting praised for having a defense that is stellar.....they may get recognized but it don't seem to be a criteria to get to the CFP.....and why that is is beyond me...…DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS...…where did that ever go?>>>>.being a former all-state LB myself I love nothing more than to watch a game that was 3-0 and bodies that couldn't move the next day from the war they were just in. .but that doesn't sell.….beating a good time by mere points seems to hurt you more than beating a subpar team by 100...…how we ever evolved college football into this is baffling....offense, defense, special teams,...…guess that's too old school...….its ok to give up 55 pnts as long as the offense scores 56 :cry: :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:57 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:13 am We shall see how good the Bucks are under pressure with a solid team that can put a fight and hold it's own ground. It's right around the corner. It's not too far away fellers. Never get too big headed too early, it can come back and bite the big heads very hard when you least expect it. I'm not a Buck fan, but not a Buck hater either, but know a few teams on the Bucks schedule that can bring it, and can be more than a handful. Watch your footing with the big heads fellers, you could slip easily.

true trench on the slip ups...….the game of college football we have modernized into having to win by 100 to say you are a good team.....hardly ever hear the defense of teams getting praised for having a defense that is stellar.....they may get recognized but it don't seem to be a criteria to get to the CFP.....and why that is is beyond me...…DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS...…where did that ever go?>>>>.being a former all-state LB myself I love nothing more than to watch a game that was 3-0 and bodies that couldn't move the next day from the war they were just in. .but that doesn't sell.….beating a good time by mere points seems to hurt you more than beating a subpar team by 100...…how we ever evolved college football into this is baffling....offense, defense, special teams,...…guess that's too old school...….its ok to give up 55 pnts as long as the offense scores 56 :cry: :roll:
Agree. But any given day even with that style of play only one can win. :lol: Two good teams that can bring it to each other it's better to keep the big heads put away. :lol: Anything can happen to change the flow of the game on any good team playing another good team that wants it more with less footing slippage = mistakes etc. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:12 pm 5 sec teams ahead of luckeyes, lmao even purdy iowa and mary have them beat..... pathetic!!!!!
I hope yer stockin' up on kc masterpiece barbieque sauce inches. cause you is gonna have a whole heap of crow to eat. right after thee game. hey I I been there. it helps get the feathers down.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

iowa and Maryland may be ahead of ohio state strength wise. but look who they're playing. big ten teams.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:45 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:12 pm 5 sec teams ahead of luckeyes, lmao even purdy iowa and mary have them beat..... pathetic!!!!!
I hope yer stockin' up on kc masterpiece barbieque sauce inches. cause you is gonna have a whole heap of crow to eat. right after thee game. hey I I been there. it helps get the feathers down.
You don't pluck them first, Bait? :lol: I'd choke to death if I didn't pluck them first with all the crow I had to eat over the years. :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I ain't got a big head over ohio state this year. I've seen the collapse the last 2 years. and in a conference like the big ten, anything can happen. there are a lot of good teams in the big ten. and that is reflected by the rankings. I do however stand by my statement I think they are playing the best football in the country right now. and that ain't cause some announcer said so. I watch this stuff very closely. and it is reflected in little things as well, like gang tackling, lateral pursuit, defensive pressure on qb's, secondary coverage. offensive lineman staying with blocks longer, great running game, a duel threat qb. and our special teams are playing amazing too. that's what sold it to me.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

One thing that always shows up on game day is speed and this defense is FAST.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree county. I am opposite of most people where I get bored watching teams go up an down the field all day long scoring touchdowns. That's why I hate watching Big 12 games lol. I get much more excited watching a team score late in the 4th to win 14-7 or 21-14. That's where it's at!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like any game where we have more points than the other team.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm I like any game where we have more points than the other team.

now come on bait...….you tell me a guy coming from a lutz era doesn't want to see a physcial battle of knock your lights out football???? you aren't one of the guys that went from wearing a Woody hayes Block "O" hat to a sun visor are ya??????……….I thought any man that wore a dozen pair of soles out on a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots that took puke from moonshine and beanie weenies at Hank Jr concert in Huntington that you would prefer a blood bath as opposed to a track meet...……..in the infamous words of Roy D. Mercer....."just how big of ol boy are you Bait"?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

step your game up bait......either your a product of lutz…..or you been victimized to the sun visor days of modern football......ask yourself.....would lutz wear the sun visor or does he stay in his ball cap???????????????????????????????????????????????/

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:19 pm

I agree county. I am opposite of most people where I get bored watching teams go up an down the field all day long scoring touchdowns. That's why I hate watching Big 12 games lol. I get much more excited watching a team score late in the 4th to win 14-7 or 21-14. That's where it's at!

nothing better than seing who spent more time in the weight room , and can dish it out and take it longer......snot bubbles knocked out of ya when ya bring the wood...…….

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Plus the game goes faster when there isn't there isn't so much passing going on. I miss the rough and tough defenses trying to stop a good power running game. I think they ought to make it like the NFL and not let the clock stop so much like on first down. I am sure I would be in the minority on that idea.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 pm Plus the game goes faster when there isn't there isn't so much passing going on. I miss the rough and tough defenses trying to stop a good power running game. I think they ought to make it like the NFL and not let the clock stop so much like on first down. I am sure I would be in the minority on that idea.
Anything to speed up televised games. Back in the day OSU had 1:30pm kickoffs for home games and even the few home gamed that were televised wrapped up by 4:30pm. Television is killing the flow of the game and the in stadium spectator experience.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:56 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm I like any game where we have more points than the other team.

now come on bait...….you tell me a guy coming from a lutz era doesn't want to see a physcial battle of knock your lights out football???? you aren't one of the guys that went from wearing a Woody hayes Block "O" hat to a sun visor are ya??????……….I thought any man that wore a dozen pair of soles out on a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots that took puke from moonshine and beanie weenies at Hank Jr concert in Huntington that you would prefer a blood bath as opposed to a track meet...……..in the infamous words of Roy D. Mercer....."just how big of ol boy are you Bait"?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

step your game up bait......either your a product of lutz…..or you been victimized to the sun visor days of modern football......ask yourself.....would lutz wear the sun visor or does he stay in his ball cap???????????????????????????????????????????????/
oh man, those are my favorite kind. where you buy the whole seat, but only need the edge of it, right up to the very end. and you can start breathing again when it's over. and you're about to pee on yourself where you been waiting. but it always takes one more point to win. I would much rather watch a defensive battle of field position hinging on whoever blinks and makes the one fatal mistake at the worst time, than a track meet anyday. but it still takes 1 more point to get the w.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hain't never weared a sun visor in all my living days. give me a good ole john deere hat, or rural king and I'm ready to roll. sun visor, lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I love my block o hat.

Return to “College Sports”