Ohio State vs. SEC Teams (Must See)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

vandy probably, kentucky has improved over the years. if a team like kentucky is a so called bottom dweller of a league, then thats a pretty strong league.

ok big ten rose colored glasses person. here are some facts:

i went back the last 20 years and looked at past champs. i used bcs, then ap before the bcs was established.

year-champ
2007-lsu
2006-florida
2005-texas
2004-usc
2003-lsu
2002-osu
2001-miami
2000-oklahoma
1999-florida st
1998-tennessee
1997-michigan
1996-florida
1995-nebraska
1994-nebraska
1993-florida st
1992-alabama
1991-miami
1990-colorado
1989-miami
1988-notre dame
1987-miami

by my calculations that is:
SEC-6 CHAMPS
BIG 12-5 CHAMPS -5 CHAMPS
BIG EAST-4 CHAMPS
BIG 10-2 CHAMPS
PAC 10-1 CHAMP
INDEPENDENT-1 CHAMP
ACC-1 CHAMP

the math doesnt lie. granted, the big east champs were the glory years of miami.

big 12 has 2 1/2 times as many champs and the sec has 3 times the champs that the big ten has. if i go back ten more years its even worse for the big ten.
http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_footb ... hamps.html

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

pushover, has been, whatever, you are saying they are not very good. read the post above and start another big ten/osu thread just like the last 2 times ive posted the above info. just be realistic, thats all im asking.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Hard to argue with the cold hard facts. If you take that list back another 20 years the stats are alarming.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Orestes wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:Florida's schedule is a lot tougher than Ohio State...

Ohio State will probably play two conference teams worth something...

Florida will play somewhere close to six conference teams worth something...

Illinois, Michigan, PSU, MSU, and Wisconsin will all be solid. USC will be better than any team Florida plays. I'd say the schedule is just fine.

Georgia will open up #1 next season

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

some are saying USC will. personally i think Georgia should get it, i'm just saying, dont count your chickens just yet.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

It all comes down to everyones opinion.

Either you are a osu fan and think their schedule is fine, or you hate osu and think their schedule is weak.

I think it was weak this year, but Washington had a down year. They do have usc on a home and home. That is a big upgrade. However, florida consistently schedules miami and fsu. Those two teams are usually top 15-20 teams. (recently)

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Go back to my original point - historically the SEC is an average conference with only 3-4 quality teams so it is easier for them to get high rankings. The Pac 10, Big 10, and Big 12 have had to battle in out every week for years. The SEC in only now getting the "best conference" reputation because right now that have 3 really good teams and the rest are a bunch of average teams while the Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 10 have a couple of really good teams and several above average teams. If the best teams in the Big 12, Big 10, and Pac Conference (heck, I'll even through in the ACC) played an SEC Conference schedule, they would only have one or two challenges every year.

By the way, Arkansas handed Tennesee their championship game appearance by fumbling the ball when all they had to do was take a knee ( I watched that game and could not believe Arkansas was that stupid) - never would have happened in a strong conference like Big 10, PAC 10, or Big 12.

LSU can only win in games played at home. I said back then and I say today that neither of their championships are legit because they played at home. USC was the real champion in 2003 and most outside the SEC know that.

Oh, and "Kentucky has improved" - what are you basing that on? Because they are better against teams in their league - that may mean that their league is not as good as it was before "Kentucky has improved".

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Tubby wrote:It all comes down to everyones opinion.

Either you are a osu fan and think their schedule is fine, or you hate osu and think their schedule is weak.

I think it was weak this year, but Washington had a down year. They do have usc on a home and home. That is a big upgrade. However, florida consistently schedules miami and fsu. Those two teams are usually top 15-20 teams. (recently)

i'm an OSU fan and i've admitted countless time that this year's schedule was weak. but it was supposed to be a rebuilding year and it was a good chance for this young team to get some experience.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Florida's OCC games of Western Kentucky (1-AA school), Troy, and Florida Atlantic are real impressive. Or how about LSU's Tulane, Middle Tennesee, and Louisianna Tech. Or maybe Georgia's Western Carolina (1-AA school), Troy, and Okla State (who is less than or equal to Washington), at least Tennessee threw in California (but got beat) to go with powerhouses Louisianna Lafayette and Arkansas State. But hey, Arkansas topped them all with such football powers as Troy, North Texas, Chattanooga (1-AA school), and Florida International. Yep, compared to these near NFL schedules, OSU's looks weak. Man if only the Bucks could play the powerhouses in the Sunbelt Conference - Arkansas State, Florida International, FAI, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe,Middle Tennessee, North Texas, and Troy are sooooooo much more challenging than the MAC schools who consistently put starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

Oh, and both UF and OSU play 1-AA teams next year, but all we will hear about is OSU playing YSU and nothing about UF playing the Citadel. How many 1-AA national championships does the Citadel, WKU, Western Carolina, and Chattanooga have combined I wonder?

http://www.d1collegefootball.com/d1aaindex.html

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

WKU has one I believe led by a former Lawrece County(KY) star at QB.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Yeah. I forgot about Georgia, but they will drop a couple for sure. They always do.

I think the last time a southern team came north to play was in Gettysburg, PA.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

mhs82 wrote:Go back to my original point - historically the SEC is an average conference with only 3-4 quality teams so it is easier for them to get high rankings.

Let's not get carried away mhs82. I know some of the SEC fans are out of touch with reality but the SEC is much better than an average conference and it always has been. The thing that is ridiculous though is whenever they dog the Big Ten. The Big Ten was down this year but for the most part year in and year out they are one of the better leagues along with the SEC. The # of players the Big Ten puts in the NFL is not far behind the almighty SEC and that is the best measuring stick there is IMO.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

mhs82 wrote:Go back to my original point - historically the SEC is an average conference with only 3-4 quality teams so it is easier for them to get high rankings. The Pac 10, Big 10, and Big 12 have had to battle in out every week for years. The SEC in only now getting the "best conference" reputation because right now that have 3 really good teams and the rest are a bunch of average teams while the Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 10 have a couple of really good teams and several above average teams. If the best teams in the Big 12, Big 10, and Pac Conference (heck, I'll even through in the ACC) played an SEC Conference schedule, they would only have one or two challenges every year.

By the way, Arkansas handed Tennesee their championship game appearance by fumbling the ball when all they had to do was take a knee ( I watched that game and could not believe Arkansas was that stupid) - never would have happened in a strong conference like Big 10, PAC 10, or Big 12.

LSU can only win in games played at home. I said back then and I say today that neither of their championships are legit because they played at home. USC was the real champion in 2003 and most outside the SEC know that.

Oh, and "Kentucky has improved" - what are you basing that on? Because they are better against teams in their league - that may mean that their league is not as good as it was before "Kentucky has improved".

The SEC only having 3-4 quality teams is the dumbest thing I have heard since I listened to Mark May speak. Look at the past NCAA champs in the past 20 years......someone posted them. I believe the SEC has 6 and the big 10 only has 2. WHO IS THE AVERAGE CONFERENCE NOW :?: :?: :?:

That "STUPID" Arkansas team that beat LSU, must not have been that bad, as you say. If they beat LSU and played stupid, then it seems they would have blown osu out of the water, (as did LSU). Atleast that's how you are putting it.

If the SEC only has 3-4 quality teams, why did they go 7-2 in their bowl games? If you are going to downgrade the SEC, why don't you look at your beloved 'suckeyes' and the "small 10?" What was their record, 3-5?
I am not even a SEC fan, I am Big East fan. Heck, the Big East went 3-2....better than the "small 10" (recordwise). And dont give me the excuse that the "small 10" played a tougher bowl schedule than the sec. Maybe if the big 10 scheduled teams outside of the MAC, they would be prepared for a real team :shock:

It is osu fans like you that make me HATE osu.........COCKY, ARROGANT, KNOW IT ALL DUMB@$$ES :!: :!: :!:

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

LOL!!!! Can dish it out but can't take it - typical bandwagoner.

SEC 7-2 in bowls, but who did they play besides OSU, UM, and Wisky? The rest of the games were against prep schools - Big 10 would have run the table on that bowl schedule also.

My "stupid" comment had nothing to do with this year - I was talking 1998 when Tennessee won their championship - next time read the post before you comment on it.

buckeye21: I'm just messing with the SEC'ers - giving them the same treatment the give the Big 10. Just stretching it a little the same way they do. They complain about others can't take it but when it fires right back at them we see what happened.

Oh, and once again:

Florida's OCC games of Western Kentucky (1-AA school), Troy, and Florida Atlantic are real impressive. Or how about LSU's Tulane, Middle Tennesee, and Louisianna Tech. Or maybe Georgia's Western Carolina (1-AA school), Troy, and Okla State (who is less than or equal to Washington), at least Tennessee threw in California (but got beat) to go with powerhouses Louisianna Lafayette and Arkansas State. But hey, Arkansas topped them all with such football powers as Troy, North Texas, Chattanooga (1-AA school), and Florida International. Yep, compared to these near NFL schedules, OSU's looks weak. Man if only the Bucks could play the powerhouses in the Sunbelt Conference - Arkansas State, Florida International, FAI, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe,Middle Tennessee, North Texas, and Troy are sooooooo much more challenging than the MAC schools who consistently put starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

Oh, and both UF and OSU play 1-AA teams next year, but all we will hear about is OSU playing YSU and nothing about UF playing the Citadel. How many 1-AA national championships does the Citadel, WKU, Western Carolina, and Chattanooga have combined I wonder?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

SEC vs Big Ten Head-to-Head Football Record

The SEC leads the Big Ten with a 65-46-2 all-time record.

The SEC has a .584 winning percentage versus the Big Ten.

Obviously, the two conferences are both great football conferences and pretty close over-all. That's why the SEC vs Big Ten debate is so much fun.

If you'd like to see how the SEC and Big Ten compare in bowl wins, go to Top College Football Bowl Conference.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/bigtenseccomp.html

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

I'd like to see a Big 10/SEC challenge in football like the basketball Big 10/ACC challenge.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

mhs82, I agree 100%, that would be great. Alabama and Penn St. played every year from 81-90. It was a great series for both tradition rich schools. In fact, I was looking back at Bama's schedule with teams above the Mason Dixon line from 1952-2007 and its a pretty impressive resume of teams.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

This thread is hilarous ---Obviously the beatings the pride of the little 10 (Tosu)have received has taken a toll on it's supporters. If your stud gets owned so bad it's record is winless in 9 try's I'd be depressed and spouting off crazy stuff to try to make it look better also. But you just can't make that WOE and 9 go away. Maybe cry about where the games are played , thats a good one.

I know it's tough to swallow but the SEC owns the Bucks which owns the big ten ----THEREFORE .......... 0-9 everything else is hot air from fans. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

PS to the original poster ---I have a friend in vegas who calls BS on this topic. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

ManitouDan wrote:This thread is hilarous ---Obviously the beatings the pride of the little 10 (Tosu)have received has taken a toll on it's supporters. If your stud gets owned so bad it's record is winless in 9 try's I'd be depressed and spouting off crazy stuff to try to make it look better also. But you just can't make that WOE and 9 go away. Maybe cry about where the games are played , thats a good one.

I know it's tough to swallow but the SEC owns the Bucks which owns the big ten ----THEREFORE .......... 0-9 everything else is hot air from fans. MD

Spoken like a true SEC bandwagoner. MD - Whose your team? Or are you just adopting the hot conference right now? You wanna argue team vs. team you gotta let us know who your team is - or are you just acting like a 10 year old and bashing anyone you can. You wanna argue conference v. conference, then Big 10 still owns better five year record vs. SEC and the Big 10 actually played real teams in the bowls.

Return to “College Sports”