BIG TEN TITLE GAME. OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: BIG TEN TITLE GAME. OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:42 pm so has anybody heard anything definitive about field's knee that he had to have a brace put on.
any kind of diagnosis.
There was a story on 11W that the injury was a sprain of the MCL.
It also said on 11W that the sprain happened as we all know at the end of the Penn State game, and in fact even in this game that he was already wearing a cloth brace, ( that's what they called it ) and that his own TE got pushed into him causing him to tweek it again. I think he will be fine and that by Saturday they will find something to make him feel secure as far as his knee goes. It didn't bother him when he came back into the game, and on the 1st play threw what probably was his most difficult pass of the day for a 30 yard touchdown pass.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 pm
cbolt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm Another formality before the real games start. Just nobody in the conference strong enough to give them a game this year. The one thing that could derail them is the QB's health. So far they been lucky but hanging on a thread. I got a feeling Fields will have to run this weekend and definitely will have to run in the playoff games for them to be successful and that could put him in danger. One of the best teams ever in the BIG in my lifetime. Would be a tossup between them and the 1994 PSU who also dominated everybody and had no weakness.

Aesome post And totally onboard about the health.

Was the 1994 PSU team carter at RB and lavar Arrington at LB??
Trenchy could help us out but I know the two main players were Kerry Collins at QB and Kijana at tailback. Arrington played a few years after that I believe. They beat the Bucks into submission that year 63-14 and Bucks regrouped to some how came back and beat TTUN that year with Coop as coach. :o

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:52 am
cbolt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm Another formality before the real games start. Just nobody in the conference strong enough to give them a game this year. The one thing that could derail them is the QB's health. So far they been lucky but hanging on a thread. I got a feeling Fields will have to run this weekend and definitely will have to run in the playoff games for them to be successful and that could put him in danger. One of the best teams ever in the BIG in my lifetime. Would be a tossup between them and the 1994 PSU who also dominated everybody and had no weakness.

Kerry Collins at QB and Kijana at tailback. Arrington played a few years after that I believe.
You are correct, Bolt.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was so excited that the bengals drafted ki-jana carter. and he blew a knee out and was gone. I ordered a ki - jana jersey. still have it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:52 am

Trenchy could help us out but I know the two main players were Kerry Collins at QB and Kijana at tailback. Arrington played a few years after that I believe. They beat the Bucks into submission that year 63-14 and Bucks regrouped to some how came back and beat TTUN that year with Coop as coach. :o

Good stuff. Since I had carter and lavar Arrington. On the wrong teams. Was there a player similar to arringtons size and a size and abilities ?? I thought I recall Arrington being the better of the two and they both mirror each other. Maybe that’s another trenchy question.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I looked it up some of the defensive players were, S- Marlon Forbes and Kim Herring, LBS- Terry Killens , Jim Nelson, Greg Harren, Brian Gelzheiser, DT- Brandon Noble, DE- Chris Snyder. Wide Recievers were Bobby Engram and Freddie Scott. They also had close games with Indiana, Illinois and ttun which I had forgot. That makes TOSU win over ttun that year even more interesting considering the scores of both games. Maybe you're thinking of Paul Pozluzny (sp) he was a pretty athletic linebacker but after Arrington went through

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Penn State is Linebacker U buddy. Too many to name right off hand. Brandon Short, and Sean Lee was head hunters as well. I could go on and on. One of my favorites was not even a linebacker but might has well been. Played defensive line at nose guard, and played as fast as any linebacker I ever seen. Lou Benfatti. Mean as a snake, quick as a cat, and built like a bulldozer.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Lou Benfatti #55 D-line/nose tackle/tackle/etc. :lol: :lol: :shock:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Talk about a tackling machine. Ole Lou could make a bear pee himself. :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 pm Penn State is Linebacker U buddy. Too many to name right off hand. Brandon Short, and Sean Lee was head hunters as well. I could go on and on. One of my favorites was not even a linebacker but might has well been. Played defensive line at nose guard, and played as fast as any linebacker I ever seen. Lou Benfatti. Mean as a snake, quick as a cat, and built like a bulldozer.

Well I had to look it up and watch some film of it I like asking you guys better to spark conversations and memories that each other maybe able to tell us. Bout like me on the Ironton/kirtland state championship thread talking to bait about the pro football hall of fame and telling the story about my dad and coaching the Ohio North South game and Joey Conrad sailing the ball and hit my ol man square in the bridge of the nose in pregame lol.

Anyway guys. I was looking for a player by the name of Courtney Brown (DE) that was playing along side of lavar Arrington dang they were good.

To my Bucks fans. Sorry about making out BIG10 championship game thread and turning into a trench history lesson of him and PSU football 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ahhh county. The cheese heads is no match for OSU this year anyways. Might as well talk about something. I'm no crier when it comes to any conversation on any thread or topic. :lol: Hack away, I don't care. :lol: Yep, ole Brown was a good one as well. Sorry I didn't answer you right away. Been busy with problems here ole bud.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was actually thinking of him but thought you was referring more to a linebacker type player. He was a defensive end I believe who was one of the Browns worst ever picks. Maybe that's why you thought of him, county. It was your sub conscious love for the Browns :lol: P.S. Trenchy has me well aware of Penn State history so I am sorry too, Bucks fans :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

At least trenchy not a ttun historian, we'd have to ask inches about them and I don't think we'll hear much more from him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trench I love all of that and remembering all those nittany lions beasts. what great memories. I have a penn state autographed jersey signed by jo paterno with matt millen's number. the white one with the blue trim.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:59 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 pm Penn State is Linebacker U buddy. Too many to name right off hand. Brandon Short, and Sean Lee was head hunters as well. I could go on and on. One of my favorites was not even a linebacker but might has well been. Played defensive line at nose guard, and played as fast as any linebacker I ever seen. Lou Benfatti. Mean as a snake, quick as a cat, and built like a bulldozer.

Well I had to look it up and watch some film of it I like asking you guys better to spark conversations and memories that each other maybe able to tell us. Bout like me on the Ironton/kirtland state championship thread talking to bait about the pro football hall of fame and telling the story about my dad and coaching the Ohio North South game and Joey Conrad sailing the ball and hit my ol man square in the bridge of the nose in pregame lol.

Anyway guys. I was looking for a player by the name of Courtney Brown (DE) that was playing along side of lavar Arrington dang they were good.

To my Bucks fans. Sorry about making out BIG10 championship game thread and turning into a trench history lesson of him and PSU football 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂
county, we all like jawin' about football. it don't matter what level. good is good. and that dog will hunt anywhere.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

your dad was cool. I remember when him and his coaches came to my house at kitts hill to see my football memorabilia collection.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:11 am your dad was cool. I remember when him and his coaches came to my house at kitts hill to see my football memorabilia collection.

I was with him that day Bait!!!! Remember that very well. They were taking a player of theirs the time for an official visit to WVU and Don Nehlen! It was Baits house early morning , Don Nehlen and the mounties in the afternoon.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:23 pm At least trenchy not a ttun historian, we'd have to ask inches about them and I don't think we'll hear much more from him.

haven't heard from the inches man since all the butt whoopins took place!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 pm Ahhh county. The cheese heads is no match for OSU this year anyways. Might as well talk about something. I'm no crier when it comes to any conversation on any thread or topic. :lol: Hack away, I don't care. :lol: Yep, ole Brown was a good one as well. Sorry I didn't answer you right away. Been busy with problems here ole bud.

hate to hear the problems for ya trench......things hopefully will get better......sorry for misleading ya on the LB/DE question....brown and Arrington were beats at the college level but they didn't fair so well in the league or am I wrong for saying that???

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 pm I was actually thinking of him but thought you was referring more to a linebacker type player. He was a defensive end I believe who was one of the Browns worst ever picks. Maybe that's why you thought of him, county. It was your sub conscious love for the Browns :lol: P.S. Trenchy has me well aware of Penn State history so I am sorry too, Bucks fans :lol:

yes sorry for misleading ya on the LB type......and you are right bolt...my sub conscious love for the browns was kicking in.....I thought there was two really good players in lavar Arrington and Courtney brown....just couldn't quite get it together....but a little small talk amongst some football gurus I figured as ol boys would figure it......even being ate up with CTE we still pulled through......we are TEAM men ;) ;) ;) :D

Return to “College Sports”