Parkersburg's Josh Jenkins

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:you guys dissapoint me :cry:

McGuffie played in the senior all american army bowl

come on guys turn on the tv ever once in a while gosh
that dissapoints like what my mom said to me last sunday she asked me what touchback was :cry:

no they arent redshirting Mcguffie him and Grady will split time

Yea guys come on, dont you know RichRod hired BM55 as the new RB's coach?? i'm disappointed in you guys... He knows what the UM coaching staff is going to do before they even know.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

bigtimehitter wrote:

that dissapoints like what my mom said to me last sunday she asked me what touchback was :cry:

Yea guys come on, dont you know RichRod hired BM55 as the new RB's coach?? i'm disappointed in you guys... He knows what the UM coaching staff is going to do before they even know.

LOL

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well if some people actually knew what they were talking abou b4 they said it they would know that Mcguffie is the michigan running back next year and Grady is still in the mix

but i m sure you already knew that because OSU fans know all and who is doing what and all top high school players are going to sign with OSU becasue they can play for NC there

did i get it right?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:well if some people actually knew what they were talking abou b4 they said it they would know that Mcguffie is the michigan running back next year and Grady is still in the mix

but i m sure you already knew that because OSU fans know all and who is doing what and all top high school players are going to sign with OSU becasue they can play for NC there

did i get it right?

well.... yea pretty much. oh yea, you also forgot to say that If you go to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY you will be guaranteed a pair of golden pants for four years straight.... which means we dominate UM.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

The three 5 star o lineman that have given a verbal, Adams, Brewster and Shugarts look to be physical specimens in any pictures I have seem of them.

In our local paper, at the time of the West Virginia State finals there was a photo of Jenkins on the front. Compared to the above mentioned three, Jenkins looks to be somewhat of a slob. A huge stomach hanging over at the waist line. On local sports talk radio at this time, Jenkins was talked about as being not as good as advertised. These local radio talk shows are pro WVU and would really want him at any rate, but were making the comment that he might not be anything close to a 5 star.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Region 15 wrote:The three 5 star o lineman that have given a verbal, Adams, Brewster and Shugarts look to be physical specimens in any pictures I have seem of them.

In our local paper, at the time of the West Virginia State finals there was a photo of Jenkins on the front. Compared to the above mentioned three, Jenkins looks to be somewhat of a slob. A huge stomach hanging over at the waist line. On local sports talk radio at this time, Jenkins was talked about as being not as good as advertised. These local radio talk shows are pro WVU and would really want him at any rate, but were making the comment that he might not be anything close to a 5 star.

I agree that Brewster, Adams, and Shugarts all appear to be studs, but I wouldn't worry too much about Jenkins being a slob. He has offers from all over the country, and in college he'll be in a pretty strong strength and conditioning program. Let's hope he ends up at OSU, but OSU will keep winning with or without him.

Also, OSU's class is very very high in quality. They aren't ranked extremely high right now mainly due to the numbers. OSU only has 18 commits while teams such as Miami have up to 27. JT keeps his classes spread out as far as numbers go.

Keep in mind that a lot of elite teams take high numbers, knowing that several will never make it academically. OSU is fairly selective in the grades department, since JT's arrival.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think rivals has the Bucks at #5

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

..for what its worth, Jenkins told my brother he's going to OSU, and that he loves it there. They arent best friends by any stretch of the imagination...but they played ball against each other since elementary school. Take it with a grain of salt, but it is straight from the horse's mouth..

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

beleagle05 wrote:..for what its worth, Jenkins told my brother he's going to OSU, and that he loves it there. They arent best friends by any stretch of the imagination...but they played ball against each other since elementary school. Take it with a grain of salt, but it is straight from the horse's mouth..

How long ago was this? OSU's scout insider Nevadabuck has been calling Jenkins to OSU for a while, and his sources are apparently Mike Brewster, Jake Stoneburner, etc.

I definitely believe you, but am just wondering if it is recent for my own curiousity. :-D

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

beleagle05 wrote:..for what its worth, Jenkins told my brother he's going to OSU, and that he loves it there. They arent best friends by any stretch of the imagination...but they played ball against each other since elementary school. Take it with a grain of salt, but it is straight from the horse's mouth..

now that is the stuff i want to read in threads--INSIDER INFORMATION...haha...nice job beleagle

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

There was a report out in the Columbus Dispatch about a month age that said Ohio State had 16 com. at the time and might go for 18--to where they stand now. If they pick up Jenkins and Pyror that would be 20--but then come signing day --is another story.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just checked rivals and it has Ohio State at number 6. If they could pick up the two guys above it could put them at 5-5 star com. and put them in the top 3

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

With Vern Gholston turning pro and Rob Schoenhoft transferring to Delaware that gives them two more schollies they hadn't counted on having and there may be others that we don't know about.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

RiverRatRay wrote:With Vern Gholston turning pro and Rob Schoenhoft transferring to Delaware that gives them two more schollies they hadn't counted on having and there may be others that we don't know about.
Lyons the wide rec was talking about transferring last I heard.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Also, Albert Dukes may transfer, and reportedly, Alex Barrow (DL) has left the team to focus on academics.

I believe OSU has 21-22 spots available with 18 verbals right now. There may be more also.

OSU is still in on Pryor, Jenkins, Keith Wells, and Brandon Harris.

Harris was leaning OSU but he was on his visit the weekend Malcom Jenkins decided to come back. Supposedly, the smile left his face immediately, as he is a CB prospect from Miami. So, he may have dropped OSU a bit.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

McGuffie was offered by USC, so your analogy makes little since.

Jake Long will be a top 5 pick this year, UM can protect.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:well if some people actually knew what they were talking abou b4 they said it they would know that Mcguffie is the michigan running back next year and Grady is still in the mix

did i get it right?

My mistake big55, I guess I don't have as much free time as you to look up all this worthless information.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Orestes wrote:

How long ago was this? OSU's scout insider Nevadabuck has been calling Jenkins to OSU for a while, and his sources are apparently Mike Brewster, Jake Stoneburner, etc.

I definitely believe you, but am just wondering if it is recent for my own curiousity. :-D

This was the middle of December
..and he's been seen on more than one occasion at the local mall back home in OSU gear haha

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Tubby wrote:

did i get it right?

My mistake big55, I guess I don't have as much free time as you to look up all this worthless information.
I didnt have to look it up i already knew that. and its not worthless to me ok sports is my life and will always be my life so one thing worthless to you isnt to me i m really offended by that

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Sorry for the comment, I was a little offended by yours though. Saying I dissapoint you because I don't know what class McGuffie is in. I could care less about michigan and their recruits now that they got RR.

I watch some tv but my xbox360 gets alot of my time too.

Back on topic - Is Jenkins going to wait until Feb 6th?

Return to “College Sports”