Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Great win by WVU.

Looks like BigMcCauley55, noreply66, and Steely Dan were way off. :lol:

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

GREAT JOB FROM WVU - CONGRATS ON THEIR BIG VICTORY
I am a UC Bearcats fan first and foremost, and a Marshall Thundering Herd fan also.
WVU is a hated opponent of both - but, boy, was I ever rooting for WVU tonight!
Did it seem to anyone else that the announcers were pretty much "pro-Oklahoma"? Kind of "amazed" when WVU did anything "good" and went ahead and stayed ahead? Were too busy discussing other things and failed to show WVU plays and drives as they were happening?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Great win for the Mountaineers!

Looks like BigMacCauley55 really knows his football and what the Read/Option is about.

Big congrats to coach Stewart on the win but I would be a little surprised to see him get the job. He was the good cop that all the players could go to when they had a problem with DickRod.

WVU players responded to coach Stewart like the Michigan players did to coach Carr. Congrats to both men on winning their bowl games, and this was not DickRod's bowl game, he bailed after the Pitt loss because he no longer believed in "his" players and he let go of the rope.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

YOu have to be kidding me, WVU fans cry like none other. Rich Rod left due to many reasons other than the ones all of you cry about. Carr announced his retirement when he did souly for staff and recruiting reasons. If Rich Rod stays on at WVU and is recruiting for UM, how would that look? It wouldn;t have been tolerated. How is he supposed to put together at staff while still in Morgantown. Learn the biz and stop crying about Rich Rod! If Miles would have went to UM, it would have been the same senario.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

caglelewis,

I thought the same thing about the announcers

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

peake...

As usual, you missed the point. If DickRod beats Pitt, WVU goes to the BCS title game and he never ends up at WVU@Ann Arbor. He leaves because he loses faith in his own program after the Pitt game.

I could care less if he stayed or went. It is how he went that is upsetting. Go read a book - "WHEN PRIDE STILL MATTERED - A LIFE OF VINCE LOMBARDI" It is about character, which DickRod preached but doesn't show.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

You can have FRAUD-riguez

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

He has no pride because he took one of the premire jobs in all of sports???

I missed no point, if grandma had a ----, yeah she'd be grandpa. Point is they didn't beat Pitt, so that is how the cookie crumbles.

Why is it so upseting that he left the way he did? He left a program better than it has been in a decade, he brought national spotlight and prestige to a conference that was looked upon as a third world, and gave players a chance that others didn't. Is that enough pride for you?

I am done with all of this cry baby stuff, cfb is a business, get over it.

If the Cleveland Browns offered Tressel 5 million a year he'd be gone in a heart beat!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

So.........are you back on the dickrod bandwagon???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

peake...

Sorry, I just don't see Michigan as "one of the premier jobs in all of sports". A better job than WVU, yes but don't kid yourself about it being all that.

Bo put Michigan back on the map, with the help of Woody, after it had fallen off the beaten path. Would you have been mad if Bo left WVU@Ann Arbor for Norte Dame before a Rose Bowl game? Yes you would have.

WVU@Ann Arbor traded in a Carr (first rate coach) for DickRod just to win. Sad, really. And, their 3rd choice at that.

I will give you a hankie when it doesn't pan out like you think it will.

"Still burnin couches in Morgantown without DickRod" WVU 48 Sooners 28.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

MOUNTAINEEEEERS!

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I for one am very happy for WVU winning this game. I didn't really care at first but then the Oklahoma band started to get on my last nerves. I mean they played the same freaking song over and over and over. Oklahoma would get a 2 yard gain and they would play it. WVU would score a TD and they played it. The Sooners were down 20 with less than 2 minutes to go and they played it. Am I the only one who thought this was completely ridiculous? I'll have that freaking song in my head for a month straight now!! :mad:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go West Virginia

Glad I didn't bet on this one.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

caglewis wrote:GREAT JOB FROM WVU - CONGRATS ON THEIR BIG VICTORY
I am a UC Bearcats fan first and foremost, and a Marshall Thundering Herd fan also.
WVU is a hated opponent of both - but, boy, was I ever rooting for WVU tonight!
Did it seem to anyone else that the announcers were pretty much "pro-Oklahoma"? Kind of "amazed" when WVU did anything "good" and went ahead and stayed ahead? Were too busy discussing other things and failed to show WVU plays and drives as they were happening?

Oh my gosh, that's exactly what I kept saying throughout the game. I kept wishing they'd shut up because we would have missed another play. When Oklahoma came out the 2nd half the announcers would not keep harping that the momentum had changed in Ok. favor. Well, WVU showed them about momentum and that they did better without Rich Rod. It will be even sweeter when OSU beats Rich Rod at home in the shoe next year.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

WVU killed them. I love there new head coach.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

WVU rushed for 342 yards, the most yards ever given up on the ground by an Oklahoma team. The same Oklahoma team that was ranked 4th in the NCAA with only 92 yds per game rushed on them. :oops:

Some of those yards were ran from the I-formation, not the read-option. :razz:

WVU had 4 straight possensions in the 2nd half in which the offense ran a total of 12 plays and scored 4 touchdowns. 6 plays td, 3 plays td, 1 play td and 2 plays td.

Yeah, the big MO swung over to Boomer Sooner and swung hard right back to the boys in the coonskin hats.

Stoops has failed to deliver in the last 4 BCS games, frankly, they were embrassed by WVU. :oops:

Owen Schmitt's interview after the game says it all, that is what college football is about.

If DickRod had stayed for this game, nobody would have blamed him for leaving because the Michigan job would still be open, of course he would be giving up a chance to coach a top 5 team next year, but Michigan is such a great job ;-) even though it started the year as a top 5 team only to beat a down-trodden Florida team not the team that beat OSU for the national title last year. :!:

DickRod's best chance of adding to his coaching legacy was on the field in Arizona, he missed it and it will cost him $4 million dollars. I hope it was worth it.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Seriously though guys, am I the only one who was completely annoyed by the Sooner band playing the same song over and over?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

buckeye21 wrote:I for one am very happy for WVU winning this game. I didn't really care at first but then the Oklahoma band started to get on my last nerves. I mean they played the same freaking song over and over and over. Oklahoma would get a 2 yard gain and they would play it. WVU would score a TD and they played it. The Sooners were down 20 with less than 2 minutes to go and they played it. Am I the only one who thought this was completely ridiculous? I'll have that freaking song in my head for a month straight now!! :mad:

Yeah I noticed that too.

Any news on who is staying/leaving? IMO Slatons stock went down this year. White has said he will be back.
News on the coaching situation?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bill Stewart just signed a 5 year deal to become WVU's new head coach.

Check it out at http://www.espn.com

Congrats to coach Stewart and best wishes and thank you for beating the Sooners.

Yeah, their band got on my nerves too.

Return to “College Sports”