Hart Fumbling Game Away for Michigan

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

schenk11 wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:If he is so great then why was he 0-4 against the Bucks?

Because Ohio States TEAMS were better than Michigan's TEAMS. Not beacuse Hart isn't one of the best backs in Big Ten history.

:lol: :lol: Good one schenk11.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Was an awesome game to watch, Im glad Michigan pulled through for the Big Ten.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Hart is great and those 2 fumbles were 2 of 3 of his career

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

So Hart talks, the greatest player ever to grace the court was also one of the biggest trash talkers ever, Michael Jordan.

Did any of you not watch before the game, the Florida players taunting the UM players. I am sure he wanted to shut them up, and he did.

Mike Hart ran for two scores, which according to my calculations is worth 12 points, and if you take those away UM loses the game. He should have had 3 or even 4 if holds onto the ball. Did any of you see the game, after he fumbled he came over to the sideline and pumped his fist and was obviously upset with himself, but if it were an OSU back, than nothing would have been said. He redeemed himself, I am not mad at him. I am a Michigan fan I have no problem with him smiling and knowing it was a freak instint that he fumbled, I mean come on, 1002 carries and no fumbles, that is amazing. It seems to be all of you who are "so upset" because Hart didn't react the way you think he should have, lol. I don't care either was Tressel or Tressel's payers do or say. I watched Malcom Jenkins make a pretty big ace of himself after the Illinois loss, so bad that the big ten had to take a look at it and fine both teams. It is such a big deal as well after the MSU game, but that was just a rebutal after Dantonio (former OSU man) ran his mouth back in week one, good for him, he gets off because he is an OSU guy.

Hart is emotionally out of control, what are they therapist? HAHAHA, that cracks me up, give me a break. There is trash talk during and after every single play, move on.

Hart is an a hole because he talks trash like every other player in the country, yet Hart actually does something that most don't, and that is back it up. LSU fans and USC fans call him an a hole because why, they watched him run over a defender that is double his size, and whom ran his mouth to Hart the previous play and he answered the call. The other play you are referring to in which Hart was tackled on the UF sideline, he jumped up and stared at the UF sideline shaking his head, he said not one word.

Anyways, Mike Hart just finished his career the #1 rusher ever at UM, only 1 of 4 big ten backs to eclipse 5000 yards, one of the best blockers ever at the rb position, and we are talking about him talking trash. Nice.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Yes, Jordan talked trash, but he delivered, Hart didn't deliver - still 0-4 in the 4 biggest games of his college career.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I hate it that Hart never beat OSU, but Eddie George was 1-2, he wasn't a failure, so it will all be ok in the end. I would say a win over Florida is pretty big, since OSU couldn't do it, nor have they ever beat an SEC opponent have they? Michigan 2-0 vs Florida!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Michigan only plays Florida during a Florida down year.

Still, I am glad the Big Ten school won, especially for coach Carr, he deserved to be sent out a winner. Maybe the whinners that wanted him gone can sleep easy now.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Mister B wrote:Yes, Jordan talked trash, but he delivered, Hart didn't deliver - still 0-4 in the 4 biggest games of his college career.

Is that and trash talking the only knock you have on Hart?

Let's look at some numbers,
Career Yards = 5,098 Top 15 All-Time
Career YPG = 130.7
Multiply that by the seven career missed games = 915
Add that to his total = 6013 (could have been only the 5th back over 6,00 in FBS)
Career touches = 1115
Career Fumbles = 5
Carries per fumble = 223 (kinda dependable)
3 1,400+ yard seasons
27 Career 100 yard games
5 career 200 yard games
4th All-Time Big Ten Rusher

Many people on this site have this philosophy, He has certainly earned the right to talk!!

Mister B wrote:Michigan only plays Florida during a Florida down year.

Was a down year for Michigan too wasn't it?

Good attempt to make yourself feel better though. ;-)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Wrap yourself in a pale victory over a Florida team that didn't win it's own conference...just like Michigan.

Hail to the victors :roll: of the 3rd place teams ;-)

When you talk trash (like Jordan) and deliver, it's not trash when you back it up.

When you talk trash (like Hart) and don't deliver - it's just trash, no matter how good your resume to that point, because you didn't deliver when it was time to play for a ring for your finger.

When Mike Hart gets to the NFL, I am sure the first thing he will be told in training camp is 0-4, now rookie, learn and sing OSU's alma mater at the team's dinner table for us and you better be prepared to bring it like you talk it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Didn't I watch a certain Florida team destroy OSU last season????

Michigan should be proud it beat a team that is full of talent and was a few points away from playing for another SEC title. Do I really beleive Tennessee is better than Florida, absolutly not. Anyways, Michigan did something OSU couldn't and that is beat Florida or a SEC team none the less.

BTW, Michigan tied for second in the conference with Illinois.

Hart doesn't deleiver? THis is not basketball, this is not a one man game. Hart put up 150+ and 3tds against OSU two years ago, was that not putting up? Or did UM's D just not stop OSU? You are showing your football IQ! Hart in his sophmore and senior year was hurt both games against OSU, and his freshman year, I don't know what happend to UM, they were teh better team.

I am sure when he gets to the league they will say just that there genious. hart came in as a freshman at Michigan and worked his way into the starting lineup, I am sure he knows when to work and when to talk.

But no OSU player ever talks, ever, Tressel just won't let it happen, ever. I mean OT Kirk Barton is known as the mouth of the south, but Tressel wouldn't let that happen.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

The only thing Jordan and Hart share is there first name and thats about it. The reason most people hate Hart is because he continues to talk crap even after getting beat over and over by the Buckeyes. He would never give them credit when they deserved it and just doesn't know when to stop. No one is saying he isnt a good back, just saying he is a mouth and almost lost them the game.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

peake...

Michigan did not beat the same Florida team that beat OSU last year 41-14. Take off your Maize and Blue colored glasses and you will be able to see the trees while you look at the forest at the same time.

OSU beat Michigan for first place.

Illinois beat OSU for second place.

Michigan, on paper, is tied for 2nd place but everybody knows they are the 3rd place team because Illinois went to the Rose Bowl (2nd place team) and Michigan to the Crapitol One Bowl (3rd place).

And when it is all said and done, Hart is still 0-4. Eddie George is 1-2 with a Heisman trophy to show for his hard work.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

First of all I'll take a win over Florida any way I can get one. Do I need to remind you Michigan 2-0 vs Florida???

You are right OSU beat UM for first place...

UM beat Illinois for second place, the same team that went into Columbis and spanked the Bucks, yeah UM went to thier place and beat them...The picking of Illinois had nothing to do with where they finished or didn't, it was an at large and they were also a top 12 in the BCS.

Yes George has a Heisman and well deserved, but Hart has an all time leading rusher mark at one of the greatest Universities in the nation, whom have had some great backs, I bet he is ok with that.

Sue you might want to go back and read the OSU post game quotes from Hart, he had nothing but good things to say about UM. The problm is that you all love to hate on Hart for what he said two years ago out of frustrtion, now when he does or says something good it goes unnoticed.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Happy for Carr,good coach with alot of class.Good win for the Big Ten.UM played their butts off and earned the win.As for Hart,he is a very good football player but anyone who says that he doesn't have an attitude problem,"get real".If any of you UM fans say that it didn't p_ss you off when Hart fumbled on the 1 and was laughing about it,check your fan status!The UM offensive line didn't think that it was very funny.I would be very ticked if Wells fumbled the ball period and laughed about it.As for the Florida games last year and this year,does it really matter,didn't I see an OSU team beat MU both years----I see no argument.And there will be no crying of rivers :lol:

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

2-0 against Florida in minor bowl games, not when playing for the national title.

WVU has a beaten Florida in minor bowl games too. So, I guess that makes them a national power too.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I was very upset when he fumbled but to say that he didn't care or was laughing is no indicator of disappointment for him. As soon as hefumbled he came to the sideline took his helmet off and made a puching motion of disappointment. I than watched him proceed to the bench look at his hands and laugh, like what in the world just happend. I can't be too mad at a guy who has went 1002 touches without a fumble, and someone who was giving extra effort to help his team. The first fumble the Florida defender came in from the side and knocked it loose. He put his hat on it and 99% of backs would lose the football. The second he was stretching for the goal line, extra effort cost him. It is hard to fault a guy on pure effort.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/

Go to this link and look at the phot gallery, not a big smile after the fumble like most think!

Image[/img]

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I heard that OSU is petitioning the NCAA to give Mike Hart a 5th year of eligibility.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Orestes...Brilliant!!!

Then he can be 0-5!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

dude the kid is leaving he is going off to the nfl where he will get paid to play something college players dream of doing

You should be talking about the guys coming in next year the guys stepping up in to a starting role

hey i bet if any of you were running backs in college you would have fumbled the ball more than 3 times and i would too. thats what makes Mike Hart great.

dont give me that crap about Floridia's down year BULL tim tebow won the heisman and they had plenty of talent to win so its Bull same team that beat OSU Tim tebow replaces Chris Leak and there were some other differences but not big ones Chris Leak never won Heisman Tim did he was in the driver seat of that team and he blew it yea he won the heisman but what did that do for the team? NOTHING they still didnt win the SEC they didnt beat Michigan who was a HUGE underdog floridia being favored by double digits and Flordia who was RANKED

so dont give me that

UM smacked FLoridia in the mouth and made Tim Tebow looked like a true sophmore choking and struggling

I really loved his last attempts to win the game

him running around the field while michigan players chased them him just throwing it up and almost being picked off

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Different year, different Florida team. Not even close to last years National champs. Sorry you can't see that but it is as plain as the nose on your face. Even the pollsters know this isn't the same Florida team as last year.

Still, I am happy Michigan won. Not only for Lloyd Carr, who is a class act, but for the Big 10. Lloyd put up with more crap at Michigan then he deserved and handled it well. Taking the blame after the Appy State :oops: loss won me over to him.

Return to “College Sports”