Pryor Recruiting

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

lebron james got a new hummer for his birthday his senior year in high school, which is in December, which is in the heart of basketball season.

Pryor is gonna be getting a full ride to wherever he goes. so if he got any additional scholarships on top of that, it's just free money (called an overage check) at his disposal.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

whompascat wrote:pryor is driving a new car. I think who ever gets pryor will end up in trouble with the ncaa

You mean the car he was pictured beside for prom?

Anyway, someone who knew him before his recruitment, and has a prior relationship, can buy him anything, as long as he is not a booster for one of the competing schools.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Last night both JT and RR were standing together and talking at one point, wierd I know. UM got the last crack at him though, JT home visit was before the game and RR was after. Does anyone have info on if he is in Columbus today? Heard a rumore he was going to be.

Michigan picked up their first QB commitment. Justin Faegen, a 6'1, 195, out of Florida. Feagen led his team to a State Title, and his stats mirror those of Pryor. 1400yds rushing 26tds, 1300 yds passing, 19tds, and only 3 int. In the state title game he ran for over 200yds and 3 tds while passing for 70 yds. He is listed at a 4.5 40, and finished 3rd for Mr. Football in the State of Florida.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

peake wrote:Last night both JT and RR were standing together and talking at one point, wierd I know. UM got the last crack at him though, JT home visit was before the game and RR was after. Does anyone have info on if he is in Columbus today? Heard a rumore he was going to be.

Michigan picked up their first QB commitment. Justin Faegen, a 6'1, 195, out of Florida. Feagen led his team to a State Title, and his stats mirror those of Pryor. 1400yds rushing 26tds, 1300 yds passing, 19tds, and only 3 int. In the state title game he ran for over 200yds and 3 tds while passing for 70 yds. He is listed at a 4.5 40, and finished 3rd for Mr. Football in the State of Florida.

I watched a game on ESPN earlier in the year and got a chance to see Faegen un action, he is for real. Also I used to live in Tallahasse ( Faegen goes to school there) that city league is brutal. For him to do so well in that league is somethimg to be admired.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

i hate this kid right now

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

My take on Pryor:

He is going to be a work in progress where ever he goes!!!

He is a talented ATHLETE.

He has only played QB for 2 years of his life, and that play has came against so-so competition for the most part.

He should be able to amass the yards he has, he's 6'6", 230+, and runs a sub-4.4 forty.

Question is, can he accuratly lead a team down field with his arm, and not his legs. Reguardless of the system he is in, there will come a time when he needs to beat you with his arm and not his legs. I understand he can throw a ball 70 yards, but can he hit a reciever in stride on a 40 yard pass with bracketed coverage?

Other question is, how quickly will he adjust to playing at the college level?

I think he would be an ideal fit for OSU. He could refine his arm, and learn the speed of the game without the pressure of carrying a team on his shoulders for the first year.

If he doesn't choose the Buckeyes however, I HOPE he chooses MICHIGAN!!!

Here's why.

Without Pryor, Michigan will go no better than 1-3 against the Buckeyes over the next 4 years.

With Pryor, I still don't think they do better than 2-2. However, they will be a power both in the Big 10 and nationally.

Right now, the Big 10 is very much the Big 2 with an occasional upstart. If Pryor choses the Buckeyes though, I'm afraid that the Big Ten becomes the Big Buckeye Bash. Which is awsome for me and Buckeye fans, but bad for the conference when national respect and depth of field is at stake.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Dubs my man, long time buddy.

I think that regaurdless of if Pryor comes to UM or not, they will bring in the correct personel to run that offense correctly. Justin Fegin may make everyone forget about Pryor. THis kid ran for over 200 yards in the state title game in Florida. Anyways, Russell Shepard will be the target next season for the WOlverines if Pryor doesn't come to ANn Arbor, which I am beating he won't, so UM has to look past him now.

Plus, Steve Threet may bethe man next season, nad he is by no means mobile, so we will see if RR can adjust to personel.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

peake wrote:Dubs my man, long time buddy.

I think that regaurdless of if Pryor comes to UM or not, they will bring in the correct personel to run that offense correctly. Justin Fegin may make everyone forget about Pryor. THis kid ran for over 200 yards in the state title game in Florida. Anyways, Russell Shepard will be the target next season for the WOlverines if Pryor doesn't come to ANn Arbor, which I am beating he won't, so UM has to look past him now.

Plus, Steve Threet may bethe man next season, nad he is by no means mobile, so we will see if RR can adjust to personel.

I think the Buckeyes beat Michigan either way Pryor goes, I'm just the kind of guy that I'd rather have a 10-2, 11-1 Michigan that can be top 10 each year.

Not a 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 Michigan that spend their time in the 20-unranked area of the country.

It helps Michigan, it helps the conference, and it helps the Buckeyes.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

hey just because michigan has had a dry streak against osu dosent mean UM cant bounce back

new coach new players new system

UM will shine again
OSU will own no more

OSU fans and players are getting too cocky about this streak they are having against michigan and all good things must come to an end

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

BigMcCauley55 Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey just because michigan has had a dry streak against osu dosent mean UM cant bounce back

UM will shine again
OSU will own no more

OSU fans and players are getting too cocky about this streak they are having against

Exactly, if I remeber correctly Michigan had a similar thing going for them before Tressel.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

the lone ranger wrote:BigMcCauley55 Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UM will shine again
OSU will own no more

OSU fans and players are getting too cocky about this streak they are having against

Exactly, if I remeber correctly Michigan had a similar thing going for them before Tressel.

Key words "before Tressel" ;-)

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I certainly understand what you mean, but I also think that UM is going to be just fine. It may take a year to transition, but UM has the horses to do so and still be successful.

Offensively.

WHomever the QB is will be well protected. THis will not be a ND like performance reguardless of who is QB; ND's problem was up front. UM returns Freshman All AMerican Steve Schilling, and all conference HM junior Justin Boren. Mark Ortman will also return to anchor the line at RT, where he started 4 games, David Mooseman started 2 games as well. Dan O'Niel a 6'8, 300, true freshmen should get time as well.

UM is still stacked with skilled players, they are just young.

WR- Matthews is back and will be looked to be UM's #1. Jr Hemmingway saw some valuable time, as did Tony Clemons and both will be soph's. Latreyal Savoy has been around forever and we'll see if he can contribute. Daryl Sotnum, the speed demon should see some time, especially in the return game, as will TJ Lawrence 10.43 100m.

RB- I feel like UM has a plethera of under developed talent here. Carlos Brown should fit perfectly in this offense. He was recruited to bring that speed to the offense, but running between tackles under Carr you never saw it. Brandon Minor has shed 15 pounds to get quicker, he has been solid for UM. Kevin Grady returns after sitting out a year. He is a former 5 star recruit. Add McGuffie and Shaw, whom both run high 4.3's. The wild car is Avory Horn, whom was redshirted last season, another burner from cali.

TE- THis is a position now of depth. Carson Butler will return for his senior season, Mike Massey will be back after being injured last season. Martell Webb will be ready to go, now add Kevin Koger and Brandon Moore.

QB-????? Steve THreet, drop back passer in a wide open spread option/pass attack; we'll see. Justin Feagin, true freshman, lots of speed, but jsut a frosh!

Defensively

DL- This is a real strenght for UM. Terrance Taylor, 2nd team all big ten returns to anchor the middle. He is a space eater whom stuffs teh run. Tim Jamison will be interesting to see how they use him. Too small to be a DT, but too big to be a hybrid DE/LB. Brandon Grahm will be one of the top DE in the country next season, mark my words. Throw in Marques Slocum and Mike Martin, should have quality depth.

LB- Obi Ezeh had a great freshman season earning freshman all american honors. Brandon Logan started 3 games last season, as did John Thompson, and Jonus Mouton a fromer 5 star safety should be ready to go. FOrmer All American JUCO Austin Panter will get his oppurtunity to shine as well. Throw in Marcus Witherspoon and JB Fitzgerald.

Secondary- THis should be the overall strenght of the team. Morgan Trent built on a solid year last season, only allowing 3 td passes last season. Donnavon Warren is being touted as the next great Michigan DB. He was choosen Freshman All American. Brandon Harrison will fullfill the SS position. He is a 4 year starter at rover for UM. Stevie Brown will take over at FS for UM. He shared time at SS last season, and should be ready to excell. Brandon SMith and Boubacar Cissoko will bolster an already deep secondary.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Robinson who is a rb can play just about anywhere and his high school stats were awsome lots of reciving lots of rushing and some time at QB

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Robinson who is a rb can play just about anywhere and his high school stats were awsome lots of reciving lots of rushing and some time at QB

this kid ran a 4.3 thats speed

Feagin looks great playing the offensive side but could be great at saftey if Pryor comes or Robinson works out at QB

Michigan has this class of kids that can play multiple postioins and be great at them

trojan_football
Waterboy

Post by trojan_football »

if pryor goes anywhere it will be PENN STATE to play for joe paterno

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

no it wont

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

nobody really knows at this point. i wouldn't be suprised to se him headed to Eugene to become a Duck.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Who would want him right now, I mean how many other players played B-Ball right after football and still was able to visit schools, talk to coaches, and sign on national signing day, if he can't handle the stress of doing so many things at once, how is he going to handle a full college work load plus football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the guy starts you know for sure he will bo gone

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”