It's Official: Ohio State vs. LSU for National Championship

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

Exactly the players stayed in. OSU better come out and shut down LSU on O and then march down the field on their D two times in a row to tie it.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Horrible play from the QB AGAIN
Horrible play by the special teams (fg unit)again
STILL 1/2 LEFT HOPEFULLY osu CAN WAKE UP AND MAKE THIS ONE A GAME

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

I was watching ESPN today, and some fan from somewhere, I don't remember said, "After Ohio State gets demolished again for the second straight year, can we start leaving them OUT of the national championship game from now on"? I agree..if they are not going to live up to the standards that they are supposedly the #2 team in the nation or #1 whatever rank they are right now, then should not be in the championship game, I say that they put someone else in there from now on who is going to represent that #1 or #2 spot well, the last 2 years they look like they shouldn't even be in a BCS bowl...they make the BCS look even worse than what it already is.

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

O-H.... oh no! hahhahhahahah

"When you get 2 dogs, all you have are 2 dogs."- My Grandma
FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

I did see Tyler Whaley making some good blocks out there though. When he was in there, midway through the second quarter I believe, he made 2 great blocks that led to 2 straight OSU first downs. I don't know what he did in the 1st quarter, I wasn't home but Tyler is playing great from what I have watched.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Are you ******* kidding me. Penalaties are getting rediculus. They have not shown one 15 yarder besides the roughing the kicker. This is ******* rediculus. Pick up your game Buckeyes, your embarrassing the Big Ten. LETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Last edited by Sue E. Side on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

maybe this isn't over yet, pick Jenkins. Don't embarass us again Bucks, come on guys.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

9 min left just run the darn ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Bucks are taking way to much time in between plays.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

T.B. might be the best player for LSU.He seems to throw the ball right to them. Maybe he is color blind. :twisted:

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

this is wut happens when ohio state schedules cupcake teams....they face a good team and get beat,undiscplined

Tiger-Brother
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger-Brother »

All I know is that Tressel better be on a plane tonite to Mr. Pryor's house!! Boeckman is awful. I understand that the line hasn't helped him, but he is/was holding the ball WAY to long!! PLEASE MR. PRYOR COME TO COLUMBUS :lol: :lol:

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Best team won; AGAIN!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

hoot wrote:Best team won; AGAIN!
Agreed.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yes pryor needs to come to ohio state,he would do better than todd....lsu was just better in all aspects,

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Team Stat Comparison

1st Downs 25 17
3rd down efficiency 11-18 3-12
4th down efficiency 1-1 2-3
Total Yards 329 353
Passing 174 208
Comp-Att 19-27 15-26
Yards per pass 6.4 8.0
Rushing 155 145
Rushing Attempts 49 30
Yards per rush 3.2 4.8
Penalties 4-35 6-78--------> This was the difference in the game. What a stupid Roughing the kicker on 4-23 to give them an automatice 1st down. That changed the whole second half.
Turnovers 1 3
Fumbles lost 0 1 ----- Also turnovers were huge part of the game.
Interceptions thrown 1 2
Possession 32:53 25:54

If a person looked at the box score and didnt see Turnovers and penalties there is no way you guess who winns. Ohio State's offense seemed not to move the ball well but managed more yards with 353. 3rd down effeciency also hurt the bucks. Hard on a D when they continue to get 3rd down conversions. Why do the Buckeyes do this to us. Only thing good coming out of this is there were 100 other schools that would have loved this chance and maybe they would have won, but they had there chance and blew it.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

The best team won period. End of story. BUT if it wasn't for the stupid mistakes and stupid penalties then the game would have gone down to the wire.

Ohio State will be a LEGIT national title contender in 2008. They only lose two senior starters and possibly 1-2 more to the draft and remember the Buckeyes will have Beanie Wells back and he will only get better! Enough Said!

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

OSU chokes, nuff said. poor tackling, boeckman is terrible, chris wells was the only mildly bright spot for the buckeyes but one man can't do it alone. All this talk of LSU being undisciplined and OSU couldnt go five plays without commiting a penalty, call it irony if you like, i call it CHOKE: The Official Championship Week Drink of The Ohio State University.

as painful as tonight has been there is a bright side believe or not. If a National Championship loss is what we consider a rebuilding year, then i cant wait till next year when people are expecting us to be good, not preseason picked 3rd in the Big Ten.

Our Honor We Defend
We'll Fight to the End
For O-HI-O

GO BUCKS!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

All I know is there is a team in L.A. who beat Ill. that would have given a better game than this

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Yeah, but they choked to Stanford on their own field. That right there took them out of the national title game.

Return to “College Sports”