MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE. YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE. YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:59 am This is beginning to feel like the only team that can beat Ohio State is Ohio State. The only way they lose is if they beat themselves.

I agree with that.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One thing I did not like is leaving the starters in with 6 mins in the 4th. Fields almost got hurt on the sack. I know injuries can happen anytime. The need to get the backup some game time in case of injury later in the season. As well as Young on defense where he got banged up. There is plenty of young talent behind him. Get them playing time.

The field goal kicker hard to blame because of lack of game attempts. Close games and bad weather that can be the difference. Then to much RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS mainly on defense. The idiot player on kickoff who cost them a 15 yard penalty. That can really hurt. As coaches have seen it and can goat OSU into making the penalties. The refs have seen it and will be quick to throw a flag to try to keep the game in hand.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:25 am
dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:59 am This is beginning to feel like the only team that can beat Ohio State is Ohio State. The only way they lose is if they beat themselves.

I agree with that.
Already making plans for excuses when and if they get defeated.......... :lol:..........Luckeye fans need to get a grip.......It's Sickening.........

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Better not go into the Northwestern game with a big head.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:32 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:25 am

I agree with that.
Already making plans for excuses when and if they get defeated.......... :lol:..........Luckeye fans need to get a grip.......It's Sickening.........
Go away troll.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

D&C, great summation. OSU finally ran into an opponent that did not fold. Sparty punched OSU and Fields around more than a few times, but the Buckeyes still came away with a solid, if not artistic, victory. The "beat themselves" possibility reared its head as OSU at times played without focus and discipline, things that could do them in against Wisky and Penn State.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This should not have come as to much of a surprise to any of us, as Michigan State has been more of a thorn against the Buckeyes than any other team in the past few years. I know that even when Saban was there Head Coach, they had a big comeback win against the Bucks, even when they seemed to have the game well in hand. Dantonio beat the Bucks in the Big Ten Championship game a few years ago, as well as the comeback win in Columbus just a short time ago. The Bucks could not have looked much worse than they did early last night, but they made some adjustments along the way, and still could have played better than what they did. They won by 24 points but we've been spoiled the first 5 games of the year. They have cleaned up the penalties the past couple games, but then they reared there ugly head again last night. Mayby it's just me, and I know that the players must really respect Tuf Borland, as they have helped chose him as a Captain the past couple years. But it seems to me when a team wants to throw the ball over the middle, all they have to do isolate him on the tight end, or as far as that goes any other receiver, he is just to slow to keep up with anybody. I guess I just have to complain about something, but if it's not a run right up the middle, he is normally a step or two behind whoever he is trying to tackle.

Return to “College Sports”