NCAA Tournament Time

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: NCAA Tournament Time

Post by danicalifornia »

dazed&confused wrote:I can't remember when I followed college BB so little. One and done stuff just doesn't interest me.
You should pay attention to this tournament then. The best teams are senior loaded, which definitely makes it more fun for me. I had a hard time buying in on this season until the last couple of weeks for the same reason.

Kansas, Virginia, UNC, MSU, Oklahoma, Xavier, and Nova are all very experienced teams led by upperclassmen. Not to mention schools like Providence, Wichita State, Dayton, Purdue, Maryland, Notre Dame that have standout upperclassmen but are less likely to make a big run.

And watch for Stony Brook against UK, they have a senior who poured in 43 in the America East Championship game who will bully around UK's thin front line.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

A great first game in tonight's First Four. A close game throughout, Holy Cross, the most unlikely team to even make the tournament, let alone win a game, defeats Southern, 59-55. Their first tourny win since 1953. They have a tough test up next against the #1 seed in the West in Oregon. Michigan and Tulsa play next.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

danicalifornia wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I can't remember when I followed college BB so little. One and done stuff just doesn't interest me.
You should pay attention to this tournament then. The best teams are senior loaded, which definitely makes it more fun for me. I had a hard time buying in on this season until the last couple of weeks for the same reason.

Kansas, Virginia, UNC, MSU, Oklahoma, Xavier, and Nova are all very experienced teams led by upperclassmen. Not to mention schools like Providence, Wichita State, Dayton, Purdue, Maryland, Notre Dame that have standout upperclassmen but are less likely to make a big run.

And watch for Stony Brook against UK, they have a senior who poured in 43 in the America East Championship game who will bully around UK's thin front line.
Oh I'll probably watch just because the tournament is fun the first weekend. I'm just saying I don't know enough about the college game this year to fill out a bracket with any kind of certainty. I could pencil in Kansas and North Carolina in the final four but I'm not sure either will get there. So now it's just watch and be entertained.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Last night Michigan outlasted Tulsa in the First Four, 67-62. That gives them the #11 seed in the East Region, and they will take on #6 seed Notre Dame in the 1st Rd. Tons of games on today, ranks up there with my favorite time of the year, opening weekend.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Game threads in my opinion is so much better for this event.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Then go ahead and make them.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

My thoughts after Day 1 of the 1st Rd:

1. 12 seeds win 2 games over 5 seeds (Ark-LR over Purdue; Yale over Baylor), little surprising, but it makes the tournament that much crazier.
2. Big 12 maybe not as good as everyone thought? Both Big12 teams that played yesterday lost (Texas Tech & Baylor), both were higher seeds.
3. Duke gets a scare by UNC Wilmington, don't know that they make it past Yale.
4. As expected; Virginia, Kansas, UNC take care of business as #1 seeds, games never in question.
5. #9 seeds dominated action yesterday against #8 seeds. UConn over Colorado; Providence over USC; Butler over Texas Tech.
6. Two #11 seeds took care of business against #6 seeds (Wichita State over Arizona; Gonzaga over Seton Hall).

Already a bunch of upsets, hoping for another exciting day today!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would love a Kentucky vs Kansas rematch for the national title. Those are the two best teams. Kentucky dominated Kansas at Kansas for 95% of the game but Kansas won in overtime

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow Sparty :o Has to rank right up there with the biggest disappointments of all time in Sparty Land.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

What a day!!! I'm fairly certain everyone's bracket is done for. My thoughts on Day 2 of the 1st Round:

1. Clearly unless you are a #1 seed, your seed means nothing, as seen by the scores today.
2. #15 seed Middle Tennessee downs #2 seed Michigan State in one of the more shocking outcomes I've ever seen.
3. Two #10 seeds downed #7 seeds (Syracuse, VCU).
4. #13 seed Hawaii defeated #4 seed Cal (Hawaii a very good team).
5. #3 seed West Virginia loses to #14 seed Stehen F. Austin by 14!!

Tomorrow is the first day of the 2nd round, should be a dandy!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Indiana played very hard today and kept it close. sad my wildcats are out

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Indiana played a great game, and what a game that just was!

On another note, I saw on ESPN that out of the millions of brackets done with them, after last night, there were officially no more perfect brackets. That's how crazy this tournament has been. Not a single one

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

WHAT A GAME!!!! I thought Villanova had it wrapped up for awhile, but then UNC came back, to make this is a nail biter. That shot Marcus Paige hits with 4 seconds left is unreal, probably a lot more luck than skill, but still unreal! Then the kid from Nova trails the play then gets a 3 pointer at the buzzer that he nails!! You couldn't have wrote up a better story line for this game in your head. Then Nova's coach at the end doesn't even crack a smile haha.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

It's funny the semi final games will probably go down as some of the most boring least entertaining ever and then the complete opposite last night.I feel sorry for the people that missed it thinking it would be a repeat of the Final Four.I almost did,but glad I didn't,my buddy from Reynoldsburg thought the same thing,he doesn't have TBS and thought what the heck decided to go to a local pub up there and glad he did.That double clutch 3 was amazing, don't remember ever seeing that.

Return to “College Sports”