Michigan State suspends 4 players after video shows attack on Michigan player

Omega
SEOPS H

Michigan State suspends 4 players after video shows attack on Michigan player

Post by Omega »

From Yahoo:

Michigan State University is suspending four of its football players after they appeared to be part of a group that attacked a University of Michigan football player following a game on Saturday.

Michigan State coach Mel Tucker announced Sunday that linebacker Tank Brown, cornerback Khrary Crump, safety Angelo Grose and defensive end Zion Young were suspended effective immediately after reviewing "disturbing electronic evidence." After the Spartans lost 29-7 to rival Michigan, one video clip showed a crowd of Michigan State players appearing to throw punches and kicks at an opposing player in a tunnel at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.

"We are currently working with law enforcement, Michigan State and Michigan campus leadership, and the Big Ten Conference to further evaluate the events in Ann Arbor, including but not limited to, additional student-athlete participation in the altercations and contribution factors," Tucker said in a statement. "The initial student-athlete suspensions will remain in place until the investigations are complete.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mic ... 13736.html

Thoughts?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Re: Michigan State suspends 4 players after video shows attack on Michigan player

Post by Valenth »

No call for this kind of action towards another teams players. If they are found guilty of Assault... they need to be removed from team. No questions asked. That action cannot be condoned.

HOWEVER....

They need to put protocol into effect regarding teams and players in the same tunnel.... Visiting team needs to go in first... then The Home team goes after the visiting team has completely left the tunnel and entered the Locker rooms.

Having both teams in the same tunnel is a HUGE problem.

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Michigan State suspends 4 players after video shows attack on Michigan player

Post by cbolt »

I would love to know how many times this kind of stuff happen before cameras were around to catch it. I'm not condoning it but I would imagine it was pretty common place when Woodrow was roaming around.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:02 pm I would love to know how many times this kind of stuff happen before cameras were around to catch it. I'm not condoning it but I would imagine it was pretty common place when Woodrow was roaming around.

Woody actually kept pretty tight reigns on his players. He kept his players out of trouble, or at least out of the headlines and the police blotter. Now Woody himself was apt to self destruct. Hard to believe it is has been 44 years since Hayes last roamed the sidelines. It was a different time and culture than today.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yea that's what I mean omega, it was a different time back then. Things like this would have been labeled more as boys will be boys back then. I can't imagine as much as he hated TTUN that there wouldn't have been a few fisticuffs in that tunnel with all of the players cramming in there at the same time. Can't believe the NCAA has let them enter like that all these years. Common sense says you can't have opposing players smashed up against each other in the heat of battle.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Has any one seen the video of the Michigan player coming out of the tunnel and intentionally throwing his shoulder into Mich St players AND personnel? Of course running his mouth the entire time.

Not condoning what Mich St players did.....but Michigan has a lot of hood rat mouth runners on the team.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Red, they were mouthing PSU too! PSU players were so mad they flung peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at them. :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:02 pm Red, they were mouthing PSU too! PSU players were so mad they flung peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at them. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”