Davis Week 5 Upset Specials

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Davis Week 5 Upset Specials

Post by The Gloaming »

donuts

By Davis

Who's hungry? Hopefully you aren't looking for Lobster or a bisque but what I can whip up for you in my culinary college football kitchen is this weeks games to keep an eye on for upsets. Any Level 5 Upset Specials? You've got a better chance at a Lobster Bisque.

#12 Alabama vs #9 Georgia

The Tide tumbles into Athens, Georgia on Saturday night to take on the Georgia Bulldogs. Georgia enters the contest 4-0 but doesn't have a solid win under their belt at this point in the season. Alabama, 3-1, is in a similar predicament in that the quality win is Wisconsin and they are carrying a bag of rocks on their back a.k.a Ole Miss. This game reminds me of the start of the Alabama dynasty back in 2008 when the Tide rolled into Athens heavy underdogs and embarrassed what was supposed to be a championship contender. The rest, 3 championships in 4 seasons, is history and Alabama doesn't dwell on last year or prior years. What they have in front of them is a shot at redemption and a chance to earn a quality win. The concern if you're Alabama is called Nick Chubb, arguably the best running back in college football behind Derrick Henry and Leonard Fournette. Chubb has the ability to extend the field and make players miss in space which has led to touchdowns his whole career. Georgias quarterback throws with pinpoint accuracy and talent and he should not be taken lightly either. Georgia steps into the national title picture with a big win over a heartbroken Alabama squad, riddled with Quarterback issues and beats the tide.
Alabama-20 Georgia 37

#5 ohio state vs Indiana

Don't get me wrong, I understand that Indiana football makes about as much sense as using a turd as cologne on a first date with a little hottie. But the buckeyes, though slightly improved on offense last week, are struggling to find any offensive identity amid the quarterback episode of the Hills. Cardale is LC, JT is Stephen and who knows who Urban Meyer is? Spencer perhaps. The indecision is clearly bleeding into the locker room and twitter bios are changing faster than you change your pants when you drop a turd in them before a date with a little hottie. Indiana is not a good football team but neither was Hawaii or Northern Illinois. Both the Warriors and Huskies held their own with the Huskies having a chance to score and tie or win the game on the last drive. Indiana has a high powered offense that is led by the quarterback who can throw the ball or run if he has to. It's not that ohio state is overrated. They issues at QB are too much to ignore anymore. This is not a Level 5 Upset Special but the buckeyes playing in Bloomington certainly has the smell of a Level 3 knocking on 4's door. ohio state-33 Indiana-24

#11 Notre Dame vs. # 13 Clemson

Notre Dame has quietly climbed into the National Title Hunt led behind back up quarterback Deshone Kizer. Kizer was better known for his ability on the track but track athletes are the most versatile people on the planet. He's turned his speed and arm power into a weapon of pass destruction and has the Irish looking good. On the other side of the ball you have the Clemson Tigers, one of the most balanced teams in all of College Football. Clemson is scoring like mad and has only surrendered 12 points per game to opposing offenses, tops in the nation. There isn't any one thing that Clemson does great but rather they are very good on both sides of the ball. Deshaun Watson, the Sophomore Qb for the Tigers has drawn comparisons to Russell Wilson only Watson is faster and as a sophomore, saw the field significantly better than Wilson did at Wisconsin. Look for Clemson to utilize their brutes on the offensive line to make things easy for Running Back Willy Gallman and exhaust the outmatched defensive line. The luck of the Irish won't save Notre Dame in this trip to Death Valley.
Notre Dame- 17 Clemson-41

Tasty Dishes

WVU over Oklahoma
Minnesota over Northwestern
Florida over Ole Miss

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: Davis Week 5 Upset Specials

Post by Senatorz10 »

I can see WVU giving Oklahoma fits.
Minnesota had issues with Kent State and Ohio University. I see Northwestern winning.
Florida is a joke. Ole Miss will roll them.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Georgia & Notre Dame are favored by the decision makers in Vegas, that doesn't really qualify as an upset

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Troll! This is clearly a guy that is on his knees for the SEC and hates OSU for whatever reason that may be.

Return to “College Sports”