Just wanted to say hello...

Peake
SEOP

Just wanted to say hello...

Post by Peake »

It has been five long years since I graced this board, and I'd like to stop by a little more. I hope some of my ol friends like Dubs is still here. Unfortunately for those of you who don't remember me, I am a die hard Michigan fan. In the past it was pretty easy to get inside info on Michigan for the board (my brother in law worked at UM), but these days not as easy. Glad to be back on the board.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Re: Just wanted to say hello...

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Missed going back and forth with you during Notre Dame vs Michigan week. Dubs is still around but not as much it seems.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I remember ya hoss. ole bait, dutch, dubs we're still all here. just been kinda dead.but it's getting close to that time. welcome back.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

welcome back peake.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Welcome back

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Welcome back. I do believe the rivalry with the TSUN will be heating up despite what those with scarlet and gray tinted glasses might say.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Omega wrote:Welcome back. I do believe the rivalry with the TSUN will be heating up despite what those with scarlet and gray tinted glasses might say.
I am all for talking football and rivalry.....but over the past several years the scUM fans across the message boards have talked about "this year it will be a good game".....and it has not been.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt Peake and others jump ship from this board after really running the smack leading up to The Game....and then disappear from the board afterwards?

I hope it is a good game, but I would be surprised if Michigan didnt have 3-4 losses going into it. Talent wise its not comparable this year between UM and tOSU. I think a healthy OSU team handles UM by 3-4 TD's.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

The series has lost some of its luster due to UM coming in with a subpar year,but the game itself has been pretty competitive,much closer games than I thought they would be going in.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Welcome back. Since u were last on here, GAHS will be leaving the SEOAL after 90 years and join the OVC next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

peake I wanted to ask you a question. I know hiring harbaugh made the guys in them funny helmets go wild. but in your opinion, do you think this will make an instant change coaching/success wise immediately. I really hope it does, I hope the big ten starts hitting on all cylinders now. even with harbaugh being an alum. they begged him for months to come there. and had to pay an astronomical amount to get him.you'd have thought that would be his dream job. even with his success at Stanford and san fran it kinda seemed like he wanted to get out of the game. and lost his locker room. what are your thoughts.looking forward to harbaugh/meyer this year.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Welcome back. Always valued your opinions and input.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Still around, but semi-retired I guess.
The board slows down during non-football.
I still check each day, to see if any good threads are out and worth jumping in.

I'm thinking an 8 win year for UM this year Peake, how about you?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Badboy wrote:
Omega wrote:Welcome back. I do believe the rivalry with the TSUN will be heating up despite what those with scarlet and gray tinted glasses might say.
I am all for talking football and rivalry.....but over the past several years the scUM fans across the message boards have talked about "this year it will be a good game".....and it has not been.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt Peake and others jump ship from this board after really running the smack leading up to The Game....and then disappear from the board afterwards?

I hope it is a good game, but I would be surprised if Michigan didnt have 3-4 losses going into it. Talent wise its not comparable this year between UM and tOSU. I think a healthy OSU team handles UM by 3-4 TD's.

Negative. I left because this place started to get very negative, and I was providing real inside information and I had some clowns basically taking good info and treating me like clowns. I am always for civil conversation, and that's why my favorite posters are buckeyes, because most of them (Dubs, Bait, etc) were always in good fun guys who were also class acts.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:peake I wanted to ask you a question. I know hiring harbaugh made the guys in them funny helmets go wild. but in your opinion, do you think this will make an instant change coaching/success wise immediately. I really hope it does, I hope the big ten starts hitting on all cylinders now. even with harbaugh being an alum. they begged him for months to come there. and had to pay an astronomical amount to get him.you'd have thought that would be his dream job. even with his success at Stanford and san fran it kinda seemed like he wanted to get out of the game. and lost his locker room. what are your thoughts.looking forward to harbaugh/meyer this year.

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me back. Glad to be back.

Bait,

Great question my ol friend. I think Harbaugh and company have one of the finest collection of assistants in the country (Durkin, Fisch, Mattison, Dreveno, Wheatly, Baxter). It has been years since UM has had a coaching staff as good as it has now. Will this translate into wins immediately? Good question. I think the toughness and mentality of this team will be completely different. Harbaugh teams are tough, and if you're not, you're gone, as you've already seen with attrition. Does that mean they will win now? Yes and no. I think you look at the schedule, and I see 5 wins (Oregon St, UNLV, NW, Indiana, and Rutgers), than I see 6 games that are winnable (Utah, BYU, Minny, Maryland, MSU, and OSU). I think you probably get three out of the 6 winnable (MSU, BYU, and MSU), and you're looking at an 8 win team, with the possibility of more, or possibly less. It is hard to tell without seeing a single game. I can say this....

Michigan will have talent, unlike when Brady took over and the roster was Denard, Lewan, Hemmingway, Molk, Martin, and a bunch of other no bodies. Now this roster will have talent and depth imo.

QB- Iowa transfer Jake Rudock imo will start, and he will be the type that won't be counted on to be more than a game manager.

RB- Deveon Smith, Ty Issac, and Green are all former 4 and 5 star top 10 RB's in their class. In fact Issac was #1 and Green #2. Does that mean anything now? Not really, but you have to think the talent is there.

WR- This group needs help. Darboh reminds me of early 2000's WR Jason Avant. He is a great #2, and is big, strong, and catches everything. However, he isn't a number 1. It will be interesting to see if Chesson has developed, or if young guys like Mo Ways, Drake Harris, or Bryan Cole are ready to contribute.

TE- Jake Butt is the best TE in the conference, no worries here, aside from staying healthy. Having Kahlid Hill back will help.

OL- Very solid veteran group. I look for starters to be Cole (Sophomore), Khalis (RjR), Glasgow (Rsr), Mags (Rjr), and Braden (Rjr). Everyone has had at minimum a year of starts, and Glasgow is a third year starter.

DL- It hurt losing Mone, but Henry, Wormley, Hurst, Glasgow (brother), Ojamudia, Taco, and Lawrence Marshall should be a very solid front four. Michigan will run more 3-4 this year, so it will be interesting to see how they use some of the DE's.

LB- Tons of experience. Bolden should an all-big ten type player this year, he was a stud at Cin. Colerain. James Ross has had two years of starts under his belt, and RSr Demond Morgan is back after an injury led him to a medical redshirt. Desmond is a three year starter for the Wolverines. This group is very solid.

DB- I really like Jordan Lewis, I feel he is the next Wolverine to be Marlin Jackson or Leon Hall. Kid is a player. Wayne Lions, former Stanford Cardinal, will be inserted into the starting lineup, and should make this group really solid.

Nickel- Jabril Peppers. I'm ready to see what this guy can do.

FS- Jarred Wilson is a three year starter. He is pretty solid at everything, great at nothing.

SS- Delano Hill. One of the better athletes on the team aside from Peppers.

I think Michigan has to be able to run the football, and if they can, will be a heavy play-action team with Rudock. I like this team, and feel they should win 7-8 games minimum.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I think UM has 7 games that they absolutely should win.
3 games that could go either way,
and 2 sure thing loses.

7-5 is better than last year.
I think better coaching and having a team with a spine, will get them 1-2 wins in those either way games.

8-4 or 9-3 probably gets Jim Coach of The Year.
God knows it can't go to Urban anyway.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

peake,what happened to Shane Morris? I thought he was supposed to be the next great Michigan QB coming in,but I have not heard much about him up there.btw welcome back

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Shane Morris is an all-star 7on7 and camp guy. When Shane has to play real big boy football he is below average. I have a friend at St. Iggy that coaches, and Shane and De La Salle played there his junior year. He said Shane looked like an all-american, and has a cannon, but can't read a defense, can't throw on the run, and can't put any touch on passes. Said he would throw a 5 yard out as hard as a 50 yard bomb. That is my answer in a nut shell.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yea I remember they said he looked real good in that 7 on 7 one summer,sounds like he's the Mich. version of Justin Zwick with a stronger arm

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Good to have both seo_fan and peake on here still after all these years. I'm a fairly seasoned veteran on here (I spend more time on the HS football forum, though) and its good to see others still around.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Fuzzy!!!

Glad you're still around.

I'm ready for college football.

On another note, my friends and I have done a bucket list college football game every year. So far we've taken in: Notre Dame, Michigan, OSU, Tennessee, and Georgia. Where should we go next?

Return to “College Sports”