ORANGE BOWL OHIO STATE/ CLEMSON

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: ORANGE BOWL OHIO STATE/ CLEMSON

Post by C-Bolt »

And then again maybe not,looks like the OSU offense will have to score every time just to stay in the game.
Now the offense is bogging down :roll:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

At the 6 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Clemson 20 TOSU 9.

Clemson clearly superior in speed and quickness. Yet Tiger mistakes have kept them from a 28-0 lead at this point.
Surprised Clemson has stopped Hyde and Miller already has the deer in headlights look. Unless the Bucks can quickly
shift the momentum, Clemson may win big.

At least Myer and TOSU fans will now see the Buckeyes shortcomings in athleticism and leadership on the field.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

We need a coach to land a haymaker! West side style! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

The General wrote:Stanford should handle MSU. And very easily. But the layoff makes it a little more interesting.
Another proud member of the rocket scientist's of America association! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well the defense played about as well as you could expect in the first half for basically being a jv team,but the offense has got to pick it up if they want to stay in this,BTW welcome back Oafer!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

:122249

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Can't win them all. Gonna be a great offseason for the Bucks, plenty of work to do to fix our problems. Still proud to be a Buckeye!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, Ya live to play another day.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well as shorthanded on defense as they were they had a chance until the end, and thats about all you can ask for.That Clemson linebacker intercepting the ball was eerily similar to the 1978 game,about the only thing missing was Urban storming out and slugging him in the neck :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Well as shorthanded on defense as they were they had a chance until the end, and thats about all you can ask for.That Clemson linebacker intercepting the ball was eerily similar to the 1978 game,about the only thing missing was Urban storming out and slugging him in the neck :lol:
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa8

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

As a football team, and as a coaching staff, you have one guy gouge you for 16 catches, 227 yards, and two touchdowns in one game, well, all I can say is shame on you. If you can't slow one guy down, something is seriously wrong, especially with all of the "blue chip" defensive players in the program. Sorry to be a fickle fan, but I'm just stating the obvious. And yes, that was a pun, get it? :) And if you don't get it, I'm not a Fickell fan, at all. He proved his disworth tonight. OSU should be much better than this with the quality of recruits, facilities, resources, and the quote/unquote "quality" of the coaching staff.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I'm drinking capt. N coke and listening to Madseason to drown my pain! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf is back!!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hopefully the entire def staff gets the ax.

No excuse ever for a team to look so pathetic

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

C-Bolt wrote:Well as shorthanded on defense as they were they had a chance until the end, and thats about all you can ask for.That Clemson linebacker intercepting the ball was eerily similar to the 1978 game,about the only thing missing was Urban storming out and slugging him in the neck :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

OSU just proved tonight WHY you will never get the respect you need from the SEC or other leagues. Until we can show we can play on the big stage with the teams we will never be respected. I'm happy we didn't have to play a Florida State team or a good SEC team. They would have spotted 80 on us and would have had to call off the dogs... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Urban is still playing with Tressel's recruits. Get back to me in a couple of years!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ohio St. choked. That's a game they should have won.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The muffed punt by Corey Brown turned the game around........up 29-20 at the time, and that mistake re-energized Clemson. Still, the Buckeyes had a chance at the end, but it just didn't happen. Braxton Miller played his guts out, unfortunately the defense once again faltered.

I told someone today that Coach Meyer will get the defense fixed next year........we lose a lot from the offense, i.e., Carlos Hyde, Corey Brown, most of the O-line, Kenny Guiton, and maybe Braxton Miller. Strange as it may seem, the 2014 Buckeyes' strength might just be their defense, which would figure to be much better than the 2013 edition.

Urban Meyer's 2014 Buckeyes will look more like the Buckeyes that he envisioned when he took the job........a faster team overall. The 2014 team will show more of his recruiting prowess.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WELL THAT WAS LIKE WALKING ACROSS BROKEN GLASS ON MY LIPS

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

trojandave your right about that punt! I was going to mention that in my post but forgot,they had total momentum at that point then you could just feel the air go out of the ballon and they never recovered from it.Also good point about Braxton he showed a lot of guts and heart by staying in there as banged up as he was,and he needs to come back another year imo.I don't think he will go very high this year.

Return to “College Sports”