Bama Falls.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Bama Falls.

Post by cool cucumber »

Crimson Tide lost to Texas A&M 29-24. Maybe we won't have to watch an SEC team in the Big game this year. lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Bama Falls.

Post by noreply66 »

That would be nice

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Louisvlle fell also.........And if the Bucks win out and all others are with one loss...maybe...maybe,,,,,,,maybe..................AP??........... :12224

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As much as I would like to see OSU get the AP title, I dont think they will allow it.

They will cry that OSU is not eligible to play for the conference title and go bowling. There is still alot of football left to be played and OSU has to win its two toughest games of the year in Wisky and TSUN.

I guess there could be an outside shot at it, but who knows.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I think if the scenario played out that OSU was the one lone undefeated at the end of the season they still wouldn't be AP #1. I believe Oregon and KState finish unbeaten and possibly ND (have their hands full with SC)...
The fact of the matter is the B1G is week and voters would hold it against them and its been made known all year by analyst the B1G is weak. Honestly, I'm surprised they have OSU 5th not setting behind some other 1 loss teams. And truthfully I don't feel OSU is the best team in the country. A good team with a bright future and the possibility to make a for real crack at a BCS title next year. But that's it, I still feel the buckeyes are a year away and a part of the 10-0 season has been the schedule they have played.

In the same aspect though, regardless of conference and schedule it's hard to finish a season undefeated. As of now I believe 4 undefeated a remain. But as mentioned the buckeyes have 2 tough games to finish off the perfect season.

As far as bama, I'm not surprised they lost this game to a certain degree. Hard to beat the #1 team on the road. But if your going to do it, A&M had the prime time to do it. Bama off the big emotional win at lsu and the A&M offense that has been electric. Lsu exploited bama's D last week and the Aggies made the best of it. Plus Manziel is phenomenal. I think if it had came down to Oregon and bama the ducks woulda ran wild and been a shoot out.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:As much as I would like to see OSU get the AP title, I dont think they will allow it.

They will cry that OSU is not eligible to play for the conference title and go bowling. There is still alot of football left to be played and OSU has to win its two toughest games of the year in Wisky and TSUN.

I guess there could be an outside shot at it, but who knows.

Robinson will be back for the OSU game

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Texas A & M outplayed the Tide yesterday in every facet of the game and the deserved to win. Yesterday, they were the better team plain and simple. Congratulations to A & M.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The 1st quarter cost the Tide the game.........even with the loss, Alabama is not shut out of the BCS National Championship Game yet, although they do need help. They should beat Georgia in the SEC Championship Game, then if Oregon, Kansas State, or Notre Dame stumble(2 of 3 have to lose) the Tide is back in the NC Game.

The SEC is amazing.........6 of the top 9 teams in the BCS are from the SEC.......clearly by a mile the best conference in the country........but one of the newcomers, Texas A&M, just made the SEC even better, while Missouri is no slouch.

Texas A&M has an excellent chance for a BCS bowl and rightfully so, having beaten Alabama and losing close games to LSU and Florida.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The only problem with that is the BCS only allows a 2 teams per conference max to play in the BCS bowls. Unless they changed the rule over the off season that has always been how its done. So in that case the winner of the bama Georgia game is guaranteed a spot in the sugar bowl and then one of the remains 5 will be selected as a at large while the others go to random not quite as important bowls. So where A&M sets right now they will need some help and luck making a BCS bowl.

I know one thing I'm looking forward to a playoff system. This year would be a great year especially if the top 3 finish out unbeaten.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Taken from Tony Gerdman on twitter:
"@GerdOzone: Alabama has one more win over a BCS Top 20 team than I do this year. And I didn't even have to play an SEC schedule."

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Umm not trying to start anything guys, but I just looked up their schedule strength and they are number 6 in the country,don't get much better than that,by comparison the highest BIG is 27( MSU),I don't like Bama or the SEC but their schedule strength is no creampuff.Actually I overlooked Neb they are 17

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Alabama is great team and the sec has some powerhouses and not gonna deny that. But I don't see how Alabama has the 6th toughest schedule in the country. Of their first 7 games Michigan is the only decent/good opponent they played. Their last 3 games against Mississippi state, LSU and Texas A&M are the only good teams they have had outside of Michigan. And of those Mississippi state has got pounded the last 3 games by bama, A&M and lsu. And A&M as dangerous as they are, lost 2 home games this season to Florida and lsu who both dominated and shut the Aggies down second half.

Of bama's other sec schedule the teams were awful. Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Tennessee, and auburn are really bad this year and Mississippi state obviously flopped once they faced the solid part of the conference.

And as stated their non conference schedule was duds beside Michigan.

Like I said, bama is a great team there's no denying it. But I don't see where they have a awful dreadful schedule. Just because they are in the sec doesn't mean they're particular schedule is loaded. The sec is a top heavy conference. The bottom half is very very weak and inferior to the top half of the year in and year out contenders in bama, lsu, Florida. South Carolina and Georgia in the mix but usually fall short each year. A&M making some noise. Outside of that the rest isn't so great.

Before some gets on here and gets diarrhea of the mouth about OSU, the B1G and the schedule we play. I know the conference as a whole has been weak and OSU schedule isn't a Homerun hitter. This is not a comparison of bama and OSU. Simply backing up Dubs post that bama doesn't play a excessively tough schedule this season

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I'm sure Bama's SOS will fall this week after facing mighty 1-9 Western Carolina,I was a little surprised myself to see they was ranked that high though

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The NCAA ranking on strength of schedule, which does not take into account human prejudice and judgements towards conferences, and only judges strength on the basis of your opponents record, has Alabama's strength of schedule at #41.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This is where I got my info,but I'm beginning to wonder how accurate any of these rankings are because I just looked up sagrins ratings and they have Bama ranked 14th
http://www.teamrankings.com/college-foo ... le-by-team

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I also saw your site reference.
I think there is a lot of subjectivity to ranking a schedule.
I know that simple wins and loses don't quite cut it, but I also think reputation is given too much merit at times.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Taken from Tony Gerdman on twitter:
"@GerdOzone: Alabama has one more win over a BCS Top 20 team than I do this year. And I didn't even have to play an SEC schedule."
Alabama was in the same boat as Georgia this year...they played an easy oppositive division schedule.

What about Florida's SEC schedule? 3 top 10 wins with another top 10 non-conference game approaching. Their only loss? To a top 5 team.

So lets not act like the SEC is down, when in fact, this may be the most dominant year yet. 6 of the top 9...seriously? Wow.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The SEC is top heavy, but as a whole is not as good as it has been.
A very sudden shift to the East on depth though.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Top heavy? 6 of the top 9. 6!! 6 teams isn't top heavy. That's depth.

Notre Dame would be the 7th best team in the conference. No doubt about it.

And even our "bad" teams I guess according to you, would come close to winning the Big Ten.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Says the guy who needed a prayer to see his team beat Louisiana.

I hate ND, they would beat every team in the SEC, except Bama.

The 6 of 9 is a great bragging point, but is more of a commentary on the weakness of other traditional powers, and not the strength of the SEC. They are down as well.

Return to “College Sports”