WEEK 6 Ohio State vs Nebraska

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 6 Ohio State vs Nebraska

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:As a last second update, my guy at Ray Rays just posted that they will not be at the Lane ave location on Saturday.
Sorry to get you wound up for great BBQ for nothing.
So they wont be around at all Saturday?

That sucks! Ever since you mentioned it earlier this week I have been planning on tearing up some of that bbq Saturday! Looks like I will have to settle for a gyro sandwich!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

They'll be at their normal location, between campus and Clintonville on High.
In the Ace of Cups bar parking lot.
Here is the address:
Ace of Cups
2619 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43201

It's worth the stop, but not within comfortable game day walking distance from The Shoe.

Open 12-8.
When they sell out, they close.

If you're in CBus on a Sunday, get the Grass Feed Brisket. It's only offered on Sunday, and its the best Brisket I've ever had.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I will have to check it out.

Best beef brisket I have had to date is at the Old Canal Smokehouse in Chillicothe!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i can't wait for this tilt. still trying to figure out who is gonna step out front in big ten play. this game will go a long ways towards answering this. big early matchup here. between 2 perennial powerhouse programs.

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Post by NOREDHEADS »

Ohio State by 14. Braxton Miller goes off for 400 total yards.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bucks figure out a way to win. The best part about being 6-0 is it gives you a chance to go 7-0.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Bucks win 35-24

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Bad news for the Bucks Indiana is killing Sparty at halftime 27-14 :122246

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

C-Bolt wrote:Bad news for the Bucks Indiana is killing Sparty at halftime 27-14 :122246
I'm not too worried about it, that's why they play the games. We will have our best idea of where the Bucks stand after tonight.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

At least Sparty came back a squeaked out a win over the mighty hoosiers

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Eww whats that smell, offense is stinking the place up defense not much better! Another slow start, this time against a better team and it will be interesting to see if they can turn it around again.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Amazing how they keep coming back from these slow starts

I could never understand how the offensive player can grab the defenders facemask all they want never a flag, but if a defensive guy even sneezes on the offenses mask its a penalty,whats it gonna take a defender getting his neck broke before they finally do something :roll:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Once again the Buckeyes pi$$ poor tackling gives up a TD. When are these guys going to realize that just hitting someone is not going to bring them down.

WRAP THEM UP!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Buckeyes offense looking much better now. Bucks up 35-24 now after Millers TD run.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

What I find amazing is this is a Big Ten Football score at the half!!!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

If someone were to tell before the game the Bucks will give up almost 40 and still win by 25 esp. after that 1st quarter performance I would have laughed at them.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Same here. I thought they looked like crap the first quarter and were on their way to getting their rearends handed to them, but they finally got the offense going and blew out the Huskers. Great win by the bucks!!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Great atmosphere at the shoe tonight. Had a great time and they set a new attendance record with over 106,000 people. Buckeyes started slow but once they got rolling they couldn't be stopped! Offense played well. Braxton and Hyde both ran wild. The defense gave up alot of yards and a few big plays but made alot of big plays. Bradley Roby had a big game and I pity the fool who had to block John simon. Simon is a grown a$$ man and was all over the place!

6-0 with a chance to go 7-0 next week!

Nice win tonight for the buckeyes. Loved seeing them put 63 on the score board

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This is a tough win. With the good and the bad mixed in to it. The play alright and then make mistakes. Still trouble tackling the player instead of the ball. Injuries again some just for a few plays. The DLine seemed to play well but the LB's just were not filling in the gaps. The DB's played well except for certain plays they gave up. That should have been facemask on the offense twice on that one long pass. That left the facemask as the only place the OSU player could grab because of it.

Offense they found a TE on a pass more than once. Even though it was not Stoneburner. The run game is coming around. The one long run by Miller where he got hurt. They talk about his speed but the Nebraska player run him down from well over 5 yards in a straight line. So no angle helped him to catch Miller. Miller is still taking a lot of shots and Hyde went down also. With Hall banged up OSU may have to test their backups a little more in upcoming games. The OLINE plays alright still room to improve.

Not sure what the lasting effect of scoring that last TD will be. OSU had their starters in and scored when they didn't need to.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Shoe was rockin last night! At times you couldnt hear yourself yelling when Nebraska's offense came to the line of scrimmage. During Skull Session Coach Meyer said he wanted the fans to turn the Shoe into an "inferno". At times it was almost as loud as the 06 OSU/Michigan game.

Simon, Roby, Miller, Hyde and Smith had a big game. Braxton Miller still amazes me when watching him in person. He has the quickest feet on the team and he is a load to bring down.

Good win for the Bucks last night. Yes it was a slow start, only gaining 17 yards of offense in the first quarter. But the offense exploded during the 2nd quarter and never looked back.

Return to “College Sports”