Gene Smith is an uniformed corrupt douche bag.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Gene Smith is an uniformed corrupt douche bag.

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bleeding Red wrote:Lets visit the SEC world for a minute, particularly LSU:

Zach Mettenberger, who pled guilty of two counts of sexual battery, underage consumption of alcohol, disorderly conduct, obstruction and possession of fake identification, will apparently be...............

You guessed it! The starting QB for the LSU Tigers next year!!!!!

You see the SEC has such a high standard of good clean living. This really compares to Ole Miss and the Masoli transfer story. Even though Mettenberger just wanted to inappropriately grab womens private parts......Masoli was a drug case, ultimately dismissed from Oregon. But you already knew all about him.

MDan- you can point the finger at Big Ten fans (Buckeye Nation in particular), but there are always going to be fingers pointing right back at the SEC at any given time.

This is what big time college football has turned into. All across the board. Every school has infractions nearly every year. There is not squeeky clean program out there at the D1 level. Its all about money and negating morals and conduct for the all mighty dollar of ticket revenues and bowl game funding.

And the SEC is the worst of all.

Lets talk more about this. It is what the SEC is all about isnt it?

At least at OSU, the players are not breaking our state laws that were passed through legislation. They only broke a code of ethics that seem very hard for any 19-22 year old student athletes to follow to the "t", and is only outlined by the NCAA. They are not appearing in court or pleading guilty or innocent in a court of law.....unlike the SEC.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

md, I like and agree with your comparison of OSU fans with grade school kids on the playground. Not all OSU fans but most.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

If a team is on the bubble out of a field of 68, they have nothing to cry about. Win more games!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

making the field of 64 or 68 is huge , beyond huge, for the Morehead st's , Hampton's , Belmont's etc etc. It's extremely relevent. exposure, money, recruiting . growing and building a program. It does matter. Speaking of Bilas, his quote on sunday evening was priceless and sums it up best " Does the committee even know a basketball is round ?" MD

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

ManitouDan wrote:making the field of 64 or 68 is huge , beyond huge, for the Morehead st's , Hampton's , Belmont's etc etc. It's extremely relevent. exposure, money, recruiting . growing and building a program. It does matter. Speaking of Bilas, his quote on sunday evening was priceless and sums it up best " Does the committee even know a basketball is round ?" MD

Not really, most of these teams still have to win their conference tournaments to get in just like they did when there were 65 teams.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Charge wrote:If a team is on the bubble out of a field of 68, they have nothing to cry about. Win more games!
I would agree with that Charge but as long as there is a limited number of teams making the field there will be debate.

Why wouldn't the NCAA come out and say what it takes to make the tourney? RPI? SOS? Record in last 10? 15?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The committee could just make a list of the bubble teams, however long it would be, and rank the teams from best to worst awarding points 1 thru whatever. Each member could do a seperate ranking and award the teams with the highest point totals the open spots. Not based on "body of work" or RPI or SOS but based solely on if you had $100 bucks to your name and had to make a bet as to who is the better basketball team(s) as of the season's end. Which teams would you put in and would they be better than the first team left out of the dance. Some common sense has to be included into this. Some are arguing Mich St being in but are okay with VCU and Ala St and UAB. C'mon man Mich St beats those teams 8 outta 10 at least. Give the AQ spot out then put the best teams in the tournament. Most years the NIT winner is much stronger than any 14-16 seed in the dance.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

^^^^^ Hey I picked VCU to upset Georgetown. I hope they come thru for me like Richmond did. Wofford let me down, I guess I should have took Morehead St. :lol:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

My wife took morehead st, and Richmond.
Based her bracket solely on mascots, didn't even see the names, seeds, or records of the teams.

After 11 games, she has 9 right.

Oh, and pick Morehead over Richmond to get to the sweet sixteen.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

ManitouDan, I'm a big UNC fan, but we def. couldn't suite up with anyone in the big ten we would give every team a good game but in no case would we win them all.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hey Gene STICK IT !

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hey, let's not forget that VCU (one of those last four teams) is in the elite 8. The committee knew what they were doing all the time :122249

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

funny Ol Gene did'nt know who the last 4 teams in were .

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Why weren't the last four teams in 16 seeds?

Return to “College Sports”