Out with the old in with the old...

mister b
SEOP

Re: Out with the old in with the old...

Post by mister b »

peake wrote:Barwis to stay at Michigan!!!! I was certain he would leave, not the case, he is staying.
Really, he was the only person that he brought with him from WVU that was worth anything. Would love to see Barwis back at WVU.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Mister B wrote:
peake wrote:Barwis to stay at Michigan!!!! I was certain he would leave, not the case, he is staying.
Really, he was the only person that he brought with him from WVU that was worth anything. Would love to see Barwis back at WVU.

I was hoping for that too.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

The only game that OSU kicked UM's butt was 2004. UM led many of those going into the 4th, including the Naitonal TItle year.

I am glad Barwis will be back, and I believe Fred Jackson will be back as well.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

that is pre RR years.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

Jim Harbaugh will def. go to the NFL, I believe. He has tons of chances for a nfl coaching job. First the browns, you say why the browns well because he would be in the same division as his brother. An everyone isnt clearing thinking of this but who says he doesn't take the Carolina Panthers job if he did, its a for sure Andrew Luck would be drafted an he would be with his QB again. I think Rich Rod would take the Pitt job, it would be the best college football team for him to take. I dont see Clemson wanting him.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The media seems to be saying Harbaugh will not go to Michigan but instead to the NFL. He is interviewing with Miami and already talked to the 49ers. Even Michigan's AD said he thinks Harbaugh is headed to the NFL. So, cue up Brady Hoke.

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

Finally!!......Michigan fans getting a little bit of hope. The true rivalry where "hating" on each other is expected and OK.

Directions for Harbaugh from Stanford to Ann Arbor: Head east 'till you smell it and then head north 'till you step in it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Kicking UM's butt??? UM got their tales handed to them in 04, 08, and 2010. Those were butt kickings. The others were pretty darn good games that came down to final possessions. So I disagree that UM was getting their butts kicked. They were losing no doubt, but there were very few butt kickings going on.

If you heard Brandon speake then you heard him say he wants someone who understands teh culture, tradition, rivalries, and what it MEANS to be a Michigan Man. People are going way over board with this Michigan Man stuff. Mike Stoops has now been mentioned as well. He is an Ohio native who understands the rivalry and has 0 connections to UM.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Mike Stoops??? Be careful with that one..............like RR he seems to be a coach capable of alot of ups and downs and UM needs consistancy again.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Mike or Mark Stoops would be better options for a "Michigan" of old stlye traditional team.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Mike Stoops took over a bad Arizona program, they now recruit nationally and have beaten the likes of USC and Iowa. Guy is a good coach.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Strange thing I heard was that the owner of the Miami Dolphins had giving University of Michigan Business School $100 million. Now he is talking with Harbaugh even though he still has a coach.

I am not saying this happened or not but the Dolphins owner probably tried to get Harbaugh to go to UM if he couldn't get him in Miami.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Sources say harbough to the 49ers for 5years $25million

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Peake, has anyone talked about Mike Billotti as the new coach?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Peake, has anyone talked about Mike Billotti as the new coach?
Is he a "Michigan" man?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

They don't need a Michigan Man!

They need a guy who can win in the big 10!

Schembechler wad NOT a Michigan Man.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Harbaugh agreed to a 5 year deal with 49ers.

Maybe Michigan should get an excellent recruiter, that way when Harbaugh is fired after 3 years, he'll have talent on the roster at Michigan to take over!

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Michigan needs to make the right choice and not a fast one. I'm kinda glad it's taking alittle bit to name a new head coach, for one I as a fan don't wanna be in the same spot say in another three or four years. However, depending on the coach it may take that long. For one do you hire a spend guy, when that's all your players. Or do you go get a coach whose a "3 yards and a cloud of dust"-i know woody said this-lol. There's so many ways Michigan can go at this, to get a new coach. Do you go get a NAME, someone that can get recurits in the door NOW. Ex Gurdon, Miles, Myer.(those are just the first three names i thought of) OR do you really go after Horke and give him a shot-He can run the spread proved it in his bowl game. Pretty much what I'm sayin to all the Michigan fans is to be patience and trust that the AD will get the right guy.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'm kind of hoping Les Miles gets the job,
It'll be fun to pick on the coach that was caught on tv EATING HIS BUGERS!

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

You know when your hungry sometimes thats all you got.

Return to “College Sports”