Indiana upsets #8 Penn State 36-35

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Indiana upsets #8 Penn State 36-35

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Hoosiers upset the Nittany Lions in OT! Surprised by that one.

Indiana (1-0):

Michael Penix Jr - 19/36; 170 pass yards; 1 pass TD; 1 INT; 1 rush TD
Stevie Scott III - 20 carries; 57 rush yards; 2 rush TDs; 11 receiving yards
Whop Philyor - 5 receptions; 36 receiving yards; 1 receiving TD
Charles Campbell - 2/2 extra points; 2/2 field goals (Long of 48 yards)

Penn State (0-1):

Sean Clifford - 24/35; 238 pass yards; 3 pass TDs; 2 INTs; 119 rush yards; 1 rush TD
Devyn Ford - 20 carries; 69 rush yards; 1 rush TD; 11 receiving yards
Jahan Dotson - 4 receptions; 94 receiving yards; 1 receiving TD
Jake Pinegar - 5/5 extra points; 0/2 field goals

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Indiana upsets #8 Penn State 36-35

Post by OHHS old timer »

Too many turnovers by PSU....and a wild finish!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Penn State self destructed mentally. That falls on coaching.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Holy smokes my ol buddy trenchfoot has tears in is beer tonight. I know he was worried about this game and for good reason. One of the most bizzare games I have ever watched. The PSU running back has to be kicking himself tonight for scoring that TD. Franklin should have just made the QB take a knee and run the clock out. Oh and I thought that was a terrible call on the two point conversion. The ball clearly touched down out of bounds before it touched the pylon. Replay officials needed a flag thrown on them for that!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

A lot of PSU fans are calling for the coach's head. James Franklin has struggled mightily with ranked teams and now this.....

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:24 pm A lot of PSU fans are calling for the coach's head. James Franklin has struggled mightily with ranked teams and now this.....
Most of the true fans are not down on him they are glad they have him. Let’s get this straight they have struggled against ranked teams on road not at home.

He has brought that program a long way and everyone forgets the year they won the big 10 they came back in the second half of every game. Do to half time adjustments.

Pretty much every year his team has finished in the AP poll higher then his average class ranking in the last 5 years I do believe he is the only coach that has done it all 5 years.

The bottom line on that is. They would rather be very good and come up short then to win with some of the trash and problems that come out of Ohio state. And some other programs

Is he the worlds best coach no. But I guarantee you if they let him go he would be at the top of most programs lists

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:06 am Oh and I thought that was a terrible call on the two point conversion. The ball clearly touched down out of bounds before it touched the pylon.
Couldn't agree more.....c clamp.......The whole college world seen it and knows it.....The replay decision was dead wrong..... and made them look blind and stupid.......was a give me......The nittany kittens won the ball game in all honesty......

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:24 pm A lot of PSU fans are calling for the coach's head. James Franklin has struggled mightily with ranked teams and now this.....
nahhhh.............all considering the fans are fairly happy with the mess that sick 0 jerry Sandusky caused and left behint.....the kittens are doing pretty good at a faster rate than most thought they would after all the school has been through.....They are not all the way back but the journey is almost on the brink of the promise land once again..........

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

svac83 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Most of the true fans are not down on him they are glad they have him. Let’s get this straight they have struggled against ranked teams on road not at home.

He has brought that program a long way and everyone forgets the year they won the big 10 they came back in the second half of every game. Do to half time adjustments.

Pretty much every year his team has finished in the AP poll higher then his average class ranking in the last 5 years I do believe he is the only coach that has done it all 5 years.

The bottom line on that is. They would rather be very good and come up short then to win with some of the trash and problems that come out of Ohio state. And some other programs

Is he the worlds best coach no. But I guarantee you if they let him go he would be at the top of most programs lists
True........fine post......vacman83.......I'm not a kitten fan as you probably know...... but the program is on it's way back.........have a friend that's in school maintenance over there......he knows and speaks with the athletic director at times......they all speak highly of Franklin......so he's not going anywhere soon......

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Inches you're right they should have have won it if things were fair but in all honesty they deserved to lose as bad as they played. When you miss three field goals and have three turnovers you will lose most games. They better get that cleaned up before the big the toilet seat team comes rolling in or things will get ugly fast! I bet your wolverines are licking their chops against the Nittany Kittens this year.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Yeah.....I know what you mean in some sense c clamp......but I take it from your other post about stinkfoot worried about that game.....stinkfoot must have knew the hoosmen wouldn't lay down in Bloomington.......you and I have to give the hoosmen some good credit.....they played some hard ball......the hoosmen are better than they usually have been in the past......any team playing good or not like in that last decision call in this game it just goes to show that anyone can be screwed at any given time and lose the game......what a nasty cruel dumb decision they made......"""""a blind man with a white tipped walking stick wearing a full faced arc welding helmet"""" could have seen the ball was out before it touched the pylon........I'm baffled there wasn't a big stink hot headed blow up over it.......I look for the kittens to be sky high over that loss this coming Saturday......The luckeyes better trick or treat well on Halloween night...... :lol: ...............................................get um kittens........Ann Arbor sends you the upmost luck.........you deserve the win that caused the last second screwed decision L in Bloomington.............short end of the stick can be a good thing going forward.......again.......get um kittens..........smash the luckeyes in happy valley..........

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

This loss was a crock, but what can ya do? It happens. No tissues needed here 9 and a half. Indiana did hang in there right with State. State needs to clean up a few things big time before this Saturday, or they will get beat way worse than the false 1 point. :lol: :lol: :lol: GO NITTS!!

Return to “College Sports”