Thoughts on Boise State

Space Cowboy
SEO

Re: Thoughts on Boise State

Post by Space Cowboy »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:There aren't any "powerhouse" teams on the Buckeyes schedule either.
Boise St. went out and did what they were supposed to do, and won against what people will percieve as the two toughest opponent on their schedule.

VTech and Oregon St are good, but they are not going to give Boise the best game they see all year. That nod will go to Nevada. Navada is dangerous to Boise not only because they are a good team, but because of the familiarity they have with Boise. It's the same reason people always say that Illinois and Purdue play the Buckeyes well.
As for how they would look in the title game, I think they would hold their own and be very competitive against Bama and OSU, but lose. Their whole M.O. is that if they get extended time to prepare for a top team, then they can hang with or beat them. That's why they look good so often against BCS level schools.
But, if they played in a BCS conference and had to run theough those schedules every week, they would lose at least a couple games a year.
Interesting point. Illinois may not usually be ranked, but they are not only familiar with the Buckeyes, they also have a solid football program.
However, I dont think Boise State could win against any of the other teams in the top 10.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if boise state was not so relevant, we'd have no need for this topic.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I think teams need to quit avoiding Boise and man up and play them!That or lets get a playoff and settle it on the field!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

earp wrote:I think teams need to quit avoiding Boise and man up and play them!That or lets get a playoff and settle it on the field!
Nebraska offered to play them twice in Lincoln and once is Boise,
and pay them 3 million for their "troubles".

Boise turned it down.

Boise doesn't want to play solid teams, every regular season opponent they've scheduled has been a very calculated move. They've succeeded so give them credit there, but the idea that they'll "play anyone, anywhere" is a major falsehood.

If they wanted to be taken seriously and actually earn the respect that they have been given, then they would have looked somewhere besides the MWC for entrance when the expansion was going on.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If Boise goes unbeaten then yes they deserve to be in the title game a 1 loss team. Look teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, and Penn State get ranked whether they deserve it or not based on history. History shows that when Boise State plays a bigger rank team that on paper should crush them they show up and win. So if they go unbeaten yes they should get into the title game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:OKLAHOMA HAS BEEN IN THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN EVERY PRESEASON BOOK , FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS, AND ALL THE DO IS WORFULLY UNDERACHIEVE.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------funny you all, but i said woefully.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

tigercannon71 wrote: History shows that when Boise State plays a bigger rank team that on paper should crush them they show up and win. So if they go unbeaten yes they should get into the title game.
That history is only when they have 6 weeks or an entire summer to prepare for that strong team.

Put them in a conference that challenges them 6 out of 8 weeks, then see if they are unbeaten.
If so, then put them in.
Until then, they don't deserve a shot. I don't care if they go unbeaten for the next 5 years!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Give them their shot they deserve itif they win out and osu or bama losses.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

I think since Boise State always complains there not treated fair well they should move to a different conference like the big 12 or they shouldve tried hard to get into the Pac 10, Virginia Tech lost to James Madison, an Oregon State has a very good WR an RB but the QB is a freshmen, now I'am curious seeing Nevada play against Boise, Nevada looks like a solid team I think Boise will beat them but not by much. Boise doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the National Championship game.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Best in the Nation!

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I like Boise State but until they play a schedule worthy of BCS consideration then the occasional win over a big name school doesn't cut it in my book. High school teams are awarded points based on the teams they schedule/defeat and who those teams beat during the season. NFL teams have to survive their schedule and playoffs to make the big show. Why should Boise get an easy ride???

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

boilermaker wrote:Best in the Nation!
:lol: I am assuming this was a joke!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Boise makes a mockery of the bcs BS system. The whole system and this mid major is a FRAUD . NO a million times over they do not deserve to to go the fraudulent BCS title game over a 1 loss major conference school. MD

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

no they couldnt play in the power conference and go undefeated but could compete with any team for one game.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i agree , that makes my point. they could'nt do what they do in other other major conference.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

I can't believe that they are actually projecting Boise to be 1st and Ohio State to be 5th when the BCS polls come out. There is so much bias out there towards Ohio State and so much bandwagon jumping with Boise. No way should Boise be ranked higher than Ohio State and no way should they be ranked 4 places higher than Ohio State. Absolutely ridiculous.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i agree .

iPood
Waterboy

Post by iPood »

Nothing like a good Division 1.5 school in a national Championship game.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

I think Boise State shouldve tried to make a run to get into the pac 10 they'd be a btter fit than Colorado an even so Boise State couldve tried to join the Big 12 traveling wise wouldnt be that bad for any of the teams, I think Boise wants to stay in a softer conference so they can continue to shine.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

I have no thoughts about Boise State because, to me, they dont matter and are insignificant as compared to at least 3 teams in the Big Ten, at least 3 teams in the SEC, and probably a couple from the Pac 10.

Return to “College Sports”