Week 5: Ohio State vs Illinois

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Re: Week 5: Ohio State vs Illinois

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:well the 74 percent of us that said 18 points or more were made. ohio state looked pitiful. wisconsin, and illinois always give us fits. we looked terrible at at times it looked like we didn't even want to be there. better get their stuff together wisky, is just 2 weeks away. and it gets really tough from then on. i know pryor had a sprained quad, but dang. and we are woeful in the redzone.
That game was more than pitiful. The OSU played awful and couldhave/shouldhave been beat How can that team have a #2 ranking There is a half dozen teams that should move above them If they dont get there ---- together I can see that team losing three games Iowa, Michigan and/or Wisconsin, Penn State.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I only caught the highlights but it was kinda neat seeing a cloud of dust coming up from astroturf. . another big ten snoozefest. MD saddest part is the cakewalk to the BS natl title game for the bucks.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Besides tackling, we have 3 big problems:

1.) Run blocking stinks.

2.) We have no tailback to feed the ball to and pick up much needed yards in the red zone. Did I mention the run blocking stinks?

3.) Pryor refuses to run and make plays with his legs on pass plays. He would rather force a poor pass than get 5-10 yards with his legs. He is bound and determined to be a pocket passer, yet he will never play a snap as an NFL QB.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I really dont see this schedule getting tough...

If Ohio State plays their B game, they win out. Wisconsin, even at Wisconsin, is not a threat to any good team. Alabama, Florida, Boise, TCU, Oregon, and probably Stanford would all go in there and whip Wisconsin. Same goes for Iowa and Michigan.

Im not bashing the Buckeyes...They are a great team that simply played bad today. I just dont see where this schedule is difficult.
Agreed.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I really dont see this schedule getting tough...

If Ohio State plays their B game, they win out. Wisconsin, even at Wisconsin, is not a threat to any good team. Alabama, Florida, Boise, TCU, Oregon, and probably Stanford would all go in there and whip Wisconsin. Same goes for Iowa and Michigan.

Im not bashing the Buckeyes...They are a great team that simply played bad today. I just dont see where this schedule is difficult.
good post FT45

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

LOL

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Osu will be fine every year they 1-2 games that gives em a scare in the big 10

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

gahs4ever wrote:FT45: Better stay in the SEC. You have no knowledge of nor appreciation of how intense the Wisconsin-OSU rivalry is, and they have a back named Jon Clay that Tressel drooled over in recruiting, only to lose him. If the Bucks had Clay, we could take the scholarship away from the kicker.
John Clay, Mr. Part-Time running Back, that doesn't scare anyone that pays attention to how the Buckeyes defense is focused.

I'm More concerned with Indiana's passing game killing our secondary than I am with John Clay.

The Buckeyes haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 years, Wisconsin's passing attack is centered around the
success of Clay and play action. You slow down Clay and score yourself, then Wisconsin is toast.

The Wisconsin "rivalry" was decent when Alvarez was there, but Bret Belima couldn't find his butt with both hands and a mirror.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

gahs4ever wrote:Bleeding Red:

You forgot the BIGGEST problem: our not-so-special special teams!

True.....but if they could run block, make Pryor use his legs and hand the ball off to a tailback that can pick up yards, punting isnt as important. They would just have to defend kickoffs after they scored TD's! (notice I didnt say Field Goals!)

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

Buckeye fans come back in from the ledge ,they always have games like this and it always gets knee jerk reactions .Last after purdue everyone wanted to put Pryor at receiver but after the Rose Bowl he was one of the greats.Lets just pray TPs leg is healthy because Bauserman is not the answer,if it was my choice i would use Guiton over Bauserman,better runner and a decent passer.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I don't think anyone is out on a ledge, there are some glaring issues with this team that must be fixed though if
the Buckeyes are going to remain unbeaten and play for the national title.

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I understand that ,but we cant play for a title every year like some fans want them too.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

gahs4ever wrote:FT45: Better stay in the SEC. You have no knowledge of nor appreciation of how intense the Wisconsin-OSU rivalry is, and they have a back named Jon Clay that Tressel drooled over in recruiting, only to lose him. If the Bucks had Clay, we could take the scholarship away from the kicker.
Tressel also drooled over a back named Brandon Saine in recruiting. And no, you wouldnt take a scholarship away from the kicker because Tressel Ball would still be alive and well.

People always bring up how big of a "rivalry" a game is when one team isnt as good as the other. For instance, I have talked about Florida State being a "rivalry game" for Florida the last five years rather than calling it a big game.

Facts are facts...Wisconsin was just defeated by a team who had their head coach watching the ball game at home. Does that really, truly scare you as a Buckeye fan? You have a top three coach in the country and are worried about facing a team that was out-coached by an assistant? In the words of Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson...CMON MAN!

If Ohio State loses a game, it will be because they were overrated. They are the best team in that conference by a mile. Like I said earlier, if Ohio State plays their B game from here on out, they will be undefeated at the end of the year.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

mab43bac wrote:I understand that ,but we cant play for a title every year like some fans want them too.
WHY

The expectations are not to win the Big Ten and be happy.
When the Big 10 is on the level that it is, and the Buckeyes are clearly the best team in it,
then there is no excuse to lose a game in conference.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

fightingtigers45 wrote: If Ohio State loses a game, it will be because they were overrated. They are the best team in that conference by a mile. Like I said earlier, if Ohio State plays their B game from here on out, they will be undefeated at the end of the year.
If the performance of the offensive line stays the same, they will have major problems dealing
with Iowa's D-Line.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Specail teams are killing the Bucks! Tress better get it right or it's gonna cost them a game.

Return to “College Sports”