All Conference

Re: Week 2: OSU vs. Toledo 9/10

Post by cool cucumber »

And we fumble. WOW

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I knew this would be a scary close game,Toledo is much better than people thought,Akron was just a fooler game,Bauserman had his moments and has cannon of an arm but if your throwing 10 yards over the reciever's head what good is he? Braxton might not be much better at this point,word was he didn't look good at all in fall camp, but I still think you have to play him just to get him experience and start building for the future of this team,get the scarlet butt pads out people its going to be a long bumpy ride this year,too many changes to overcome even for this great program

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

lets not argue over a single alpha character there bleeder. Can I buy an E ? hmmmmm Toledo in the red zone with a min left. needs a TD for a W ....... Cmon Karma !!!!!!! come thru !

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

We pulled it off. Thank god.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

shucks , maybe she will show up for OU , or Kent , or bowling green , maybe dayton ? karma won't stay hidden for much longer

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

ManitouDan wrote:lets not argue over a single alpha character there bleeder. Can I buy an E ? hmmmmm Toledo in the red zone with a min left. needs a TD for a W ....... Cmon Karma !!!!!!! come thru !

Ain't karma a beotch!!!

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:lets not argue over a single alpha character there bleeder. Can I buy an E ? hmmmmm Toledo in the red zone with a min left. needs a TD for a W ....... Cmon Karma !!!!!!! come thru !

Ain't karma a beotch!!!
She's a nice girl with a bad reputation is all. lol

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

If anyone thinks tOSU team is ready for UofMiami and primetime next Saturday is crazy. I see five loses for tOSU and maybe more.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:If anyone thinks tOSU team is ready for UofMiami and primetime next Saturday is crazy. I see five loses for tOSU and maybe more.

Did you watch Miami play Maryland? I would say Toledo is better. Ohio State will be fine, they have had close games before OU, Marshall, Cincinnati to name a few and had fine seasons.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I was at this game, The Buckeyes were Lucky to win this game, Toledo KILLED them selves with penaltys, And Bauserman couldnt hit the open recievers all day. Hopefully OSU was running a vanilla offense today to try n not show Miami to much

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Toledo played a great game, stuck to their system, pressured us on defense, and nearly won.

OSU played a bad game, lacked energy, made mistakes, and nearly lost.

Toledo would have beaten a lot of Big Ten teams with their performance today, heck, they would have beaten a lot of teams period, regardless of conference.

In the end, the Bucks get a win, and get to move on to Miami with a 2-0 record. They have a lot to work on and a lot of film to show why they can't take any team for granted.

I won't congratulate Toledo, they fell short of their goal! Their coach didn't make any excuses, and he said they did not accomplish what they came to do.

I will say though, that they have a very solid, system based team, that could win against most teams on any given day.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

This was a game that could have been lost by the Buckeyes....but, they came out on top and placed another W in the column. They did have some difficulties executing their offense and I am hoping they were just trying to keep the offense as vanilla as possible, but missing wide open receivers was definitely not a ploy to hide anything. They just seemed out of rhythm the majority of the game and their youth was clearly noticeable.

There is definitely some much needed work to be done before heading to Miami and hopefully this young team needed this to keep them grounded. I am just thankful that we won the game and was not confident about the outcome the entire game. I would have liked to have seen Miller get some work in today. Have some faith...they will be fine!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Toledo played to win the game as OSU played not to lose. Toledo knew for them to win they had to make some plays. They came at OSU and took OSU by surprise on some plays. They played inspired and the effort was there the entire game. Which kept them in the game until the end. OSU players did not play that way the entire game. At the end of the game Simon was not going to let OSU lose.

This will be a very spirited week of practice for the Bucks.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Charge wrote:
WhiteWhiskers wrote:If anyone thinks tOSU team is ready for UofMiami and primetime next Saturday is crazy. I see five loses for tOSU and maybe more.

Did you watch Miami play Maryland? I would say Toledo is better. Ohio State will be fine, they have had close games before OU, Marshall, Cincinnati to name a few and had fine seasons.
I watched that game. Did you listen, and comprehend? As I understood that was not Miami's #1 QB. Miami's O line is huge and will give tOSU D fits. I root for tOSU and will be next Sat. night but I am also a realest. Right now tOSU is not a very good football team. I hope they do get better and Miller is the QB of the future. But is it the near future? Lets hope!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:
Charge wrote:

I watched that game. Did you listen, and comprehend? As I understood that was not Miami's #1 QB. Miami's O line is huge and will give tOSU D fits. I root for tOSU and will be next Sat. night but I am also a realest. Right now tOSU is not a very good football team. I hope they do get better and Miller is the QB of the future. But is it the near future? Lets hope!

I comprehend just find, Miami's starting QB had like 187 interceptions last year.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

yes he did

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

My closing note about Toledo.

After the game, when Toledo was leaving the field, the remaining crowd at OSU gave them a standing ovation. I was one of them, from 19C.

Also as I was leaving, we walked by the Toledo buses and many of their fans. I heard a ton of great game, good team comments, and not a single derogatory comment toward a Toledo fan, post game.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

typical game with a young team. You have all the off season crap and you get all hyped for the first game of the season with "us against the world". Came out with a very easy win against Akron.
Then the emotional let down. You just won an easy conviencing win and just not a lot of hype with
toledo game. Toledo was smelling blood from the time they got off the bus. Played with a lot of energy. Hopefully this will wake up the buckeyes for this weeks practice and prep.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Remember 2002 when a young OSU team under a (relatively speaking) new coach almost lost to Cincinnati. They only went on to win the National Championship. Cincinnati receiver makes that catch in the end zone and it's a different story. Woody had a couple close ones during his championship years. Not saying this team is destined for glory but they are 2-0. How many other marquis teams would like to be there?

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Charge wrote:

Well, Change, do you call Ohio State "fine" now? One down and I still see four more loses. Just not ready for primetime. Move em back to 12Noon and get them out of the way before the big boys

Return to “College Sports”