OSU Season Record Predictions

Poll ended at Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Total votes: 0

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: 2010 OSU Buckeyes

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:Pre-season rankings are good and all but until the Big Ten champ can beat someone in a BCS bowl game it's all for naught.

The Big 10 won TWO BCS games last season. :122246
IOWA BEAT AN "ACC" TEAM (GEORGIA TECH) THAT FINISHED THE SEASON @ #13 IN THE FINAL POLL AND OSU BEAT A PAC-10 TEAM (OREGON) THAT FINISHED @ #11 IN THE FINAL POLL. NEITHER OF THESE TEAMS WAS TOP 10 CALIBER AND PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD AND OTHERS BASH THE "ACC" ALL THE TIME FOR BEING TERRIBLE IN FOOTBALL AND RIGHTFULLY SO YEAR IN - YEAR OUT. AND AGAIN, NEITHER GEORGIA TECH OR OREGON HAS SCARED ANYONE ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD REGULARLY FOR, LET ME SEE, AT LEAST THE LAST 50 YEARS OR SO.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Yeah if you lose bowl games, it drops your rankings down, go figure. GT and Oregon were higher ranked teams wehn beaten by Big10 teams and both were conference champs in their respective conferences. Iowa, on the other hand, was the second best team in their conference and still manhandled GT. Hate all you want, the best conferences got 2 BCS teams last year and both represented their conference very well. The Big12 also had a good showing with reps of Texas and Nebraska even though Texas got beat. Sometimes watching the games (plural) is the only way to determine how good a team is or a conference.

Cinci would have raised some eyebrows last year as will/would any Big East team if they ever go undefeated. They played a very good football team in Florida in the bowl but outside of TCU, who could they have competed with that was in a BCS bowl game......? Not all teams would have blown them out like Florida did but all teams would have had the game in hand before the fourth qtr began other than maybe TCU. That is not a hindsight call either, anyone that actually knows anything about football and watched games last year was saying the same thing back then. I'll make a prediction for the same to be said of the Big East champ this year as well.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Oregon WAS NOT #11 in the polls until after OSU dispatched them in the Rose Bowl.
Youre right. They were 7th.

Look out folks...The Buckeyes have their big time win. They beat the #7 team in the country that already had two losses.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FSUfly#13 wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Fly, do yourself a favor. Go out and buy a current preseason magazine, and read it.

Then when you bust on the Buckeyes, at least you might have a chance at looking like you know what your talking about.
Sorry that I am being realistic and not choosing the Buckeyes to go undefeated. I think we will see what Ohio State is made of from 2011 forward once that conference championship game is played. If you can beat PSU, Iowa, Nebraska..not once, but twice. Then we shall see what the Buckeyes are made of. It's a totally different atmosphere and experience when playing for a conference championship. Bowl games are on the line. Whether Ohio State is 8-3/9-2/10-1 that conference championship now must put all the pressure on the Buckeyes to win that extra game. They won't be HANDED a conference championship just for having the better record. One team will get a shot at the Buckeyes once more, granted that Ohio State even plays for a conference championship. FSU and Miami had to play 2 times in a few seasons I believe, because both were best in the conference. The first game is tough as it is, the second game is worse. Especially if you won the first one and lose the second one..so IMO I believe this will test Ohio State like no other.
Get your facts straight. Ohio State plays Michigan and Penn State every year. Most years we play Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue.

We wont have to beat anyone twice. We would beat whoever is in our division of the conference and then beat the winner of the other division to win it all. Where in the heck do you get "if you can beat them twice"?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

"We wont have to beat anyone twice. We would beat whoever is in our division of the conference and then beat the winner of the other division to win it all."

I believe that once Nebraska joins the conference, a Big Ten member will play everyone in its football division plus play select teams in the opposite division on a rotating basis. TOSU could defeat Iowa in inter-divisonal play, and if the Hawks won their division as did the Bucks, the two would play again for the conference championship

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
FSUfly#13 wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Fly, do yourself a favor. Go out and buy a current preseason magazine, and read it.

Then when you bust on the Buckeyes, at least you might have a chance at looking like you know what your talking about.
Sorry that I am being realistic and not choosing the Buckeyes to go undefeated. I think we will see what Ohio State is made of from 2011 forward once that conference championship game is played. If you can beat PSU, Iowa, Nebraska..not once, but twice. Then we shall see what the Buckeyes are made of. It's a totally different atmosphere and experience when playing for a conference championship. Bowl games are on the line. Whether Ohio State is 8-3/9-2/10-1 that conference championship now must put all the pressure on the Buckeyes to win that extra game. They won't be HANDED a conference championship just for having the better record. One team will get a shot at the Buckeyes once more, granted that Ohio State even plays for a conference championship. FSU and Miami had to play 2 times in a few seasons I believe, because both were best in the conference. The first game is tough as it is, the second game is worse. Especially if you won the first one and lose the second one..so IMO I believe this will test Ohio State like no other.
Get your facts straight. Ohio State plays Michigan and Penn State every year. Most years we play Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue.

We wont have to beat anyone twice. We would beat whoever is in our division of the conference and then beat the winner of the other division to win it all. Where in the heck do you get "if you can beat them twice"?
Well Miami and FSU played twice, once in regular season and once for the ACC championship I believe or in the Orange Bowl? I can't even remember but there is a possibility that OSU could face the same team twice. At least that's what I think. It doesn't make sense but its happened somehow in FSU's case.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

DE, Nathan Williams will miss some time due to a strained knee.
He may only miss a week, but could miss time through the Miami game.
Kinda depends on how he heals the next couple of days, and how it reacts
after some time off.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

14C Row 34 Seats 12,13

That's where I'll be for the Miami, Purdue, and OU games.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Fanosports the Big East is no power house conference, thats why the big name schools left it. You want to talk smack about Ohio State all the time. If WVU ranked second in the pre season we would never hear the end of it. Yes Ohio State lost two national championship games back to back, but at least we were playing in the national championship. WVU fans are still talking about 1988-89 season when Norte Dame beat them. When WVU wins 7 national championships thats when you can bad mouth Ohio State. How many teams can say they played in 3 national championship games and won one in the last 8 years. WVU should know how hard it is to make it to the big game, after all they couldn't take care of a sub 500 Pitt team on their home field to make it. Before you run down a team with a lot of winning tradition, make sure your team wins something first. Have a great day.

Return to “College Sports”