Week 3: OSU @ Miami 9/17/11

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

oldmo31
Varsity

Re: Week 3: OSU @ Miami 9/17/11

Post by oldmo31 »

There's only one thing to be said. YOUTH,YOUTH,YOUTH.Freshman wideouts that couldn't get open.Db's that had to think,rather than react.First road trip for most of these kids.Take away first quarter and it was a good game.We now know Basil can actually kick the football,punter punted well,defense played a great game after the first quarter,would like to see Shazier more at linebacker.Hall really looked good running the ball,too much too soon with the leg cramps second half.Can't wait for Herron to get back,one two tandom.O line did better job than I thought they would.QB ,still think go with Miller and hope he doesn't turn it over or get hurt.(18 snaps 3 fumbles 1int)?? The sky is not falling,the BUCKS will be fine.Can't wait for Saturday to get here!!!!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

As everyone has stated throughout this thread, Ohio States defense is average not the usual great and the offense has horrible.

Bauserman is a 25yr old senior quarterback whose only experience his career has been scout team in practice. Hes far from great and pretty far from good at that matter. Miller is a talented 18yr old freshman who is the quaterback of the future. Ive said since week 1, start miller, play miller and let the kid make his mistakes, learn the offense and gain the experience he needs to improve the rest of this season and leading into his sophomore year to be a true experienced player and leader. We are gaining absolutely nothing by playing Bauserman, even if he does develope over the course of the season into a decent quarterback it helps none because hes gone.

As someone mentioned, Jordon Hall was the bright spot in the offense. He had some great runs until they started stuffing the box because we couldnt counter our run game with the passing game. The loss of Boom, Posey, Adams and TP has become obvious the past 2 weeks against decent teams.

As far as Miami, They are a average/decent team that I think will struggle some throughout the year. Saturday was more of a case of Ohio State playing about as bad as they could play and Miami making a few decent plays. The Ohio State team prior to all the NCAA sanctions would have destroyed that Miami team.

But it is what it is and some changes need to be made and improvements needs to happen in order to get it together and still compete for a conference title

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:As everyone has stated throughout this thread, Ohio States defense is average not the usual great and the offense has horrible.

Bauserman is a 25yr old senior quarterback whose only experience his career has been scout team in practice. Hes far from great and pretty far from good at that matter. Miller is a talented 18yr old freshman who is the quaterback of the future. Ive said since week 1, start miller, play miller and let the kid make his mistakes, learn the offense and gain the experience he needs to improve the rest of this season and leading into his sophomore year to be a true experienced player and leader. We are gaining absolutely nothing by playing Bauserman, even if he does develope over the course of the season into a decent quarterback it helps none because hes gone.

As someone mentioned, Jordon Hall was the bright spot in the offense. He had some great runs until they started stuffing the box because we couldnt counter our run game with the passing game. The loss of Boom, Posey, Adams and TP has become obvious the past 2 weeks against decent teams.

As far as Miami, They are a average/decent team that I think will struggle some throughout the year. Saturday was more of a case of Ohio State playing about as bad as they could play and Miami making a few decent plays. The Ohio State team prior to all the NCAA sanctions would have destroyed that Miami team.

But it is what it is and some changes need to be made and improvements needs to happen in order to get it together and still compete for a conference title

Typical Ohio State fan, never ceases to amaze me the excuses you can come up with for being completely dominated by an opponent. What you must be forgetting is that Miami was still missing 3 starters for this game. You can complain about sanctions all you want, but they hit us just as hard. Suck it up, and accept the fact that you just got beat.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TigerTownKid wrote:
GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:As everyone has stated throughout this thread, Ohio States defense is average not the usual great and the offense has horrible.

Typical Ohio State fan, never ceases to amaze me the excuses you can come up with for being completely dominated by an opponent. What you must be forgetting is that Miami was still missing 3 starters for this game. You can complain about sanctions all you want, but they hit us just as hard. Suck it up, and accept the fact that you just got beat.
Its just the truth. Miami is not good by any means. Harris is not a very good Qb, and OSU has alot of things to fix. I think Miami will finish somewhere around 7-5 or 8-4.

Lets not forget that OSU has more key players still out on suspensions than Miami does, that will effect OSU in a positive way once they are return. How they have kids at Miami that sat out only one game is beyond me. I think when the NCAA gets done with Miami, "The U's" butthole is going to be as wide as Interstate 270!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Im not taking away anything from Miami getting the win saturday. Ohio State played like sh!t and deserved to lose, Miami played decent and got the win they deserved that night. Im not the blind fan who every time ohio state loses I cry and point the finger at every other aspect of the game to make an excuse. Im not setting here crying the blues and making excuses as to why we lost other than the obvious facts of extremely poor execution on both sides of the ball. Miami made some quick big plays early in the game to get on top but failed to do much afterwards and let ohio state hang around and have the opportunities to come back and win the game, we just simply couldnt get nothing going on offense because we were a one dimensional running offense who couldnt complete a pass...... A GOOD team that night such as wisconsin, bama, oregon, lsu or whoever would have completey embarassed Ohio State and hung atleast 50 on the scoreboard and that would be the definition of completely dominated. Miami jumped out early first off of the big run and good field position then the game went into who's offense can suck the worst and ohio state did win that one lol... Miami is nothing more than a average team and anyone in america who watched the game saturday night would agree with that statement. And to back that statement, Ohio State at this point is a average team and played below average on saturday night.

To look at both teams prior to all the NCAA junk, its quite obvious Ohio State was the more stacked, experienced and better team.

And the NCAA hit Miami just as hard? HAHAHA Yea right. At this point Miami has gotten a slap on the wrist be suspending a few players a game or two. Ohio State vacated a 12-1 season, a BCS win, Big Ten Title, Suspended starting running back, wide reciever, Offensive lineman, Starting QB and Coach for 5 games and ultimately fired one of the most successful coaches in college football.

And finally, I can accept the fact we got beat. Its part of the game and you never win them all. What I cant accept is an Ohio State team taking the field and playing that poorly and losing to a team they should not lose too. And I am positive all of buckeye nation will agree with that fact

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

^^ right on point

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I'll second that opinion!

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

There are just a few things that don't make sense with that statement:

1) The vacated wins mean absolutely nothing, Terelle Pryor was one of the most overrated quarterbacks in recent memory (great athlete, but mediocre quarterback). So when it comes to players that should have been playing in the game, we were completely even playing fields.

2) you "can't accept losing to a team that you shouldn't" There's that Ohio State superiority. You act like you just lost to a team the likes of Northwestern or Indiana. You lose 24-6, I don't care what you say, the team on the field was better than you. Plain and simple.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The vacated wins just is a point to show our disciplinary actions are not the same as of Miami

Terrelle Pryor was not the greatest QB of all time but he was a 3 year starter, has big game experience and was a play maker when needed to be. By far better than the 2 quarterbacks you seen Saturday night against Miami

If you would have comprehended my statement, I plainly stated Miami was the better team Saturday night and deserved to win the game and that Ohio state played like sh!t and deserved to lose the game and played below average at best. When Ohio state faces a opponent such as Miami or whoever that they are usually more talented than and possess the means to win those games regularly and then go out and fall flat on their face and lose is the what I'm talking about when I say a team they "shouldn't" lose too. Be like Miami playing a team they are more talented than such as UNC or duke and losing. Your going to more aggravated they lost to a team they shouldn't have rather than the team they were even with or a under dog in the game.
Call it Ohio State superiority if you wish, but in that case alone history speaks for itselfs. Ohio State has been a top level football programs for decades and year in and year out have one the top teams and usually compete with the best in making runs at a title or big bowl games. So yes I guess you are right, Ohio State is superior to alot of other programs ;) lol.

I'm not trying to get on here and bash you or your team. Everyone is entitled to be a fan of whom they choose. I'm just stating the facts that Ohio state played awful, has alot of work to do, and Miami is a average team who needs work themselves in order to have a successful season. And as a fan of Ohio state is my job to expect the best and not be satisfied with any less due to the history of success

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Don't insult Northwestern like that, they're better than Miami!

We lost to a bad team!

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Don't insult Northwestern like that, they're better than Miami!

We lost to a bad team!
It's responses like that that make me absolutely despise Ohio State, and no it's not jealousy. I just simply can't stand 99% of the fans that support that program.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

And yet you have to accept that Miami IS a bad team!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Hate The Truth!

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Then what does that make Ohio State? Because you can't have that short of a memory to not remember the A$$ kicking we laid on them...You can argue the TRUTH all you want.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Like I said we were horrible that night, but it doesn't make Miami any better!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The biggest ass kicking we took Saturday night was from ourselves lol. And none of us are arguing at this point that Ohio state is a good team, because we are not. But Miami is far from a being a good team. On Saturday Miami was the better of the 2 average teams.. Within a year or two, if not sooner the buckeyes will be back to where they have been while Miami will still be average/decent middle of the road team.

It's is what it is and it's on to Colorado now. Idk bout you Dubs, but I'm tired of beating this dead horse around lol

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Is that CANDY CANE still on here pounding his chest?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I could have swore I read earlier, "this is the only post I'll make on the game."

Guess not. ;)

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

It has been a long time for the CANDY CANES to have anything to post about Dubs.Hope it is possible for a bowl match up around the holidays.Every BUCKEYE loves CANDY CANES around the holidays,and most of the BIG 10 as far as that goes!! ( It's below sixty degrees,I'm cold,where's the heaters?)

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Anyway, doesn't TTK still have a truck to wash!

Return to “College Sports”