My sports hell

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: My sports hell

Post by Hoggy »

Speedofsand wrote:peake, it could be so much worse. You could be a Vol fan.

So true!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

snyder was named dc at usf. I knew skip holtz was his boy

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Skip Holtz, a great choice for Michigan in 2 years, is a great hire for South Florida. It shows you what can happen when a University takes its time and hires the right man. Good luck to Holtz and Snyder. The good news for Holtz is he is probably already better than Michigan.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

It took USF all of what, a week to hire him. They really took their time :roll:

I am hoping Rich turns this thing around and I can say told you so, but it is not looking that way at the moment.

Skip Holtz will never be the coach at Michigan.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

My sports hell would be having to sit in The Big House and watch Michigan play Notre Dame,
while having Taylor Swift's greatest hits on shuffle on my iPod with no way to turn it off!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I would think a person being a Michigan Fan would be enough!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I guess my real sports hell would be to sit in the Schott with a couple thousand people who have tourettes shouting O H I O every 5 seconds. Then their second grade educated friend starts flipping the bird and saying f-Michigan, because that is the extent of their education and lexicon. Then their mother/sister/cousin and father/uncle (incest is a beautiful thing) starts signing the Ohio version of Hail to the Victors. Repeat steps 1 through 3 over and over and over about 1 billion times, yes that is how many times you hear those three phrases/versions over the next few hours. Add in putting some beads over my head that look like they should be sold at a sex shop (anal beads) and acting like a degenerate for the rest of my life. That would be my real sports hell.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Sounds like a blast, at least you'd be a winner.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

One of these days when I make it back up towards Columbus I'd love to have a cold one with you dubs.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

peake wrote:I guess my real sports hell would be to sit in the Schott with a couple thousand people who have tourettes shouting O H I O every 5 seconds. Then their second grade educated friend starts flipping the bird and saying f-Michigan, because that is the extent of their education and lexicon. Then their mother/sister/cousin and father/uncle (incest is a beautiful thing) starts signing the Ohio version of Hail to the Victors. Repeat steps 1 through 3 over and over and over about 1 billion times, yes that is how many times you hear those three phrases/versions over the next few hours. Add in putting some beads over my head that look like they should be sold at a sex shop (anal beads) and acting like a degenerate for the rest of my life. That would be my real sports hell.

Point....

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Sounds like a blast, at least you'd be a winner.

CHECKMATE... :lol:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

peake wrote:One of these days when I make it back up towards Columbus I'd love to have a cold one with you dubs.

Anytime!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

peake wrote:It took USF all of what, a week to hire him. They really took their time :roll:

I am hoping Rich turns this thing around and I can say told you so, but it is not looking that way at the moment.

Skip Holtz will never be the coach at Michigan.

Oh, now your "hoping" Rich Rod will turn it around. It once was a sure thing. Also, what exactly is Rich Rod "turning around?" Carr was a winner. if rodriguez turns anything around, it will be his own doing. He is the only loser up there. Carr won titles and won more than he lost. Rodriguez hasnt done either.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:My sports hell would be having to sit in The Big House and watch Michigan play Notre Dame,
while having Taylor Swift's greatest hits on shuffle on my iPod with no way to turn it off!

^^^That's good stuff right there.

However, I'd be more than happy to go with Taylor to the Big House (or anywhere this side of eternity, for that matter) as long as she promised not to sing. 8)

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'd rather hit her in the face with a skillet, but I think someone else beat me to it.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I live my sports hell -- the only Ohio State fan in a house of Notre Dame fans. I can't figure out for the life of me how that happened either.I did however enjoy the two games OSU and ND played not too long ago. My son and I went to both and Bucks came out on top both times.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Carr was a good coach, but he lost 4 in a row to Ohio State and did not win a bowl game for 4 years in a row.

I have no problem with originally thinking Rich Rod would win, shot half of this board thought he would make Michigan a better program. It has not turned out that way and there is nothing more I can do as a fan and supporter but support my team and look at things realistically. If you want to fault me for being realistic, than so be it. Was it the wrong hire? At the moment it certianly looks that way, but if he turns this thing around, than people will have to eat their words (including me). Michigan has made, at this point, one bad hire for the football program in the last 50+ years. I can live with that.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

They made one bad hire after one bad forcing out. You continually slam Mark Snyder. Why not continually slam Rich Rodriguez? You have seen the poor decisions he has made and in your heart, you know it was a bad hire. Why not treat him equally to Snyder. I know why. You have no "personal" history with rodriguez.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

peake wrote:Carr was a good coach, but he lost 4 in a row to Ohio State and did not win a bowl game for 4 years in a row.

I have no problem with originally thinking Rich Rod would win, shot half of this board thought he would make Michigan a better program. It has not turned out that way and there is nothing more I can do as a fan and supporter but support my team and look at things realistically. If you want to fault me for being realistic, than so be it. Was it the wrong hire? At the moment it certianly looks that way, but if he turns this thing around, than people will have to eat their words (including me). Michigan has made, at this point, one bad hire for the football program in the last 50+ years. I can live with that.

Are we really going to qualify Gary Moller and his whiskey bottle a good hire?

Also, I'm glad I wasn't in the half of the site that though RR was a good hire.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

peake wrote:Carr was a good coach, but he lost 4 in a row to Ohio State and did not win a bowl game for 4 years in a row.

Peake, I'm truly not trying to stir the pot here, or tryin to piss you off, I am just asking.(Because I know you do know college football, and all the behind the scenes action, no sarcasm) At this point and time, would you take Carr with his 4 straight losses to The Buckeyes and 4 straight bowl losses, or would you stick with Richrod?
When it comes to Carr, I honest to goodness think that he was what you call, a victim or a product of your own success, with his 1997 National Title, and the Rose bowl appearances and THE COMPLETE DOMINATION of Cooper, not counting the fact that UM has one of the most storied programs that expexts excellence.
I really think that Carr still had it, truly. I know that the offensive scheme that Richrod is bringin is usually a 3-4 year process, and i am one of the few that believes Richrod will turn things around. But i also believe that Carr was forced out way too early. We gotta remember that this is agame of inches and seconds, and Carr was jus that,( 42-39) to havin UM in the BCS Championship Game in 2006, and then sh** canned in 2007, that is something to think about

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

The difference between you and I, is that I know Michigan and you do to an extent. Carr was never forced out. Bill Martin would have went ot the edge of the earth to keep Lloyd Carr. Carr was supposed to leave after the 2006 season but Long, Heene, and Hart convinced him not to after the all choose to come back. So no, Carr was never forced out. I am a booster, I have family that works for UM, and I have friends that work for the michigan scout family so to speak.

I slam Snyder because I was around his program on a regular basis and observed it up close. Snyder's program was much like that of Ron Jersa, it lacked any kind of consistency or leadership. Snyder was given 5 years and failed. He should have been let go---case closed. Rich Rod has been a head coach and has won at the top level. Those are facts. I have a little more hope in a coach that has at least done it before.

If you read a good majority of my posts, I have not been very supportive of him at all. The difference in my stance on Rich and Snyder is that I have something invested in the Michigan program and I do not in the Marshall program anymore. The difference is Rich was very successful at WVU---Snyder ran a program into the ground. I am well aware that Rich is struggling, believe me I know. I also know that other coaches have struggled their first two seasons and done just fine (Frank Beamer).

Dubs,
Gary Moller made a bad personal decision, he was a good coach. How about good ol Woody Hayes and his right hook? Real class all the way.

Carr took over a team that was a year away from a National Title and a certain player was handed to him by the name of Charles Woodson. They took over two totally different programs to be very honest.

Carr was a good coach, but honestly his best days had passed him by. His strength and conditioning coach told players the best way to gain weight was to eat an entire pizza. He was losing bowls on a consistent basis and getting beat by teams that should have never been on the same field as them.

Carr walked away, he was not forced out. That is the difference. Carr wanted to retire a year before. Bo had a short list of Ferentz and Rich Rod. One thing is that Carr can not be let off the hook for losing to App State after his team was considered one of the best in the country and then getting drilled by Oregon the next game.

I am one pissed off Michigan fan, that is for certain. I am not pro Rich Rod, I am pro Michigan. If he can turn it around then I will do flip flops all over the place, but if he is not then I will be the first to move on. This is a make or break season, and believe me Rich Rod knows it. The new AD Brandon has already put down ground rules.

Return to “College Sports”