Ohio V Marshall Dec. 26th

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: Ohio V Marshall Dec. 26th

Post by bucksfan76 »

Maybe if OU would show interest in the Ironton/Proctorville campus they would have better crowds.I heard they took buses from lancaster and chillicothe but nothing from ironton.

I go to OU southern but i went to cheer on marshall cause its hard to cheer for my school since they make no effoert about the athletic down here that happen in athens.Yeah it is a good distance away but still it could be done

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Orange and Brown wrote:Ohio should have beat Marshall, They played like crap. They just can't seem to be consistant at all. 1 week they play great and the next they play really really bad!!

I guess the gameplan by Marshall didn't factor into the inconsistant play.
That afterall is the basic pricinple of how to win at any sport.
Make the other team uncomfortable with their gameplan, and exicution.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Marshall played well.

See ya in Huntington next year.

You'll take us lightly like we did you......Boo.....but of course you're not scared.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Good win for the Herd. I was glad I got to go. No a lot of people there, but Ford Field is a great place to watch a football game and it was a good game.
Marshall should have been up at least 31-0 at halftime.
Things are definitely appearing to look up in Huntington.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

the marshall fans had nothing to do with the outcome by whistles the refs were horrible and that woman ref kept spotting the ball at the wrong spot really all of em was Marshall played a good game and had some frshman step up big most of our starters on offense will be back QB Brian Anderson (if not benched next season for graham) RB Darius Marshall RB Martin ward WR Chuck Walker WR Courtny Edmondson..Maybe? WR Arron Dobson WR Troy Evans TE Lee Smith and Punt/Kick Reaturner Andre Booker out of those i named next year will be 4 seniors and 5 freshman plus many more who will be back like CB Dequan Bembery good season for the herd next year!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Orange and Brown wrote:Ohio should have beat Marshall, They played like crap. They just can't seem to be consistant at all. 1 week they play great and the next they play really really bad!!

HA! What a joke, Here is a prime example why Marshall left the MAC. The speed was obvious. OU had 35 total yards in the first half and 2 first downs. Marshall should have been up by at least 28 at the half. if not for Marshall playing bored in the third quarter this game would have been a blow out. Marshall was 6-6 with no head coach playing the second best team in the MAC. Marshall would be the Boise State of the MAC if still there. Thank you for going to C-USA and having competition to play. Wait till next year with Doc Holliday 9 starters back on Offense and 7 on defense they are back, winning season and bowl this year puts them back on track. GO HERD!!!!

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

LETS GO HERD!!

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

if it wasnt for that punt return for td was a big factor....plus ohio did play like crap in the first half...but gratz to marshall and there fans they came in and won the game thats all that matters

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Spenceman wrote:if it wasnt for that punt return for td was a big factor....plus ohio did play like crap in the first half...but gratz to marshall and there fans they came in and won the game thats all that matters

So I guess playing like crap had nothing to do with Marshall's Defense holding them to 2 first downs and 34 total yards in the first half? OK, Marshall played like crap in the second half or it would have been a worse beating. :roll:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Marshall simply had the better athletes but can they compete with the upper teams in Conference-USA? SMU will put Conference USA on the BCS map in the future with June Jones and the talent they will bring in. The MAC has lost 11 bowl games in a row now. Doc. Holiday has a tough sell to bring the talent into Huntington to be a consistent force in Conference USA.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

we competed well with everyone in c-usa except the last game so u cant say we cant compete? we can we just need a coach thats how we lost against UTEP

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Marshall simply had the better athletes but can they compete with the upper teams in Conference-USA? SMU will put Conference USA on the BCS map in the future with June Jones and the talent they will bring in. The MAC has lost 11 bowl games in a row now. Doc. Holiday has a tough sell to bring the talent into Huntington to be a consistent force in Conference USA.

I will bet Marshall will even win their division in C-USA next year. Doc Hoiliday is known for his recruiting especially out of Fla. Marshall will be loaded next year. Rumor is Tony Peterson will be the OC next year and likes to run a FLA type of OFF.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

marshallman wrote:
mtswngrvsg wrote:Marshall simply had the better athletes but can they compete with the upper teams in Conference-USA? SMU will put Conference USA on the BCS map in the future with June Jones and the talent they will bring in. The MAC has lost 11 bowl games in a row now. Doc. Holiday has a tough sell to bring the talent into Huntington to be a consistent force in Conference USA.

I will bet Marshall will even win their division in C-USA next year. Doc Hoiliday is known for his recruiting especially out of Fla. Marshall will be loaded next year. Rumor is Tony Peterson will be the OC next year and likes to run a FLA type of OFF.

I can understand why Marshall is excited about the future. i mean with Holliday's vast head coaching experience and all. I look for Marshall to win about 8 games next year. I look for them to win about 9 the next year and for Holliday to start looking for a better job. Same ol merry go round for the Herd.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Is Marshall going to upgrade the practice facility then?

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Okay, my take on the game. Yes, Marshall played the half of their lives the first half and should have taken us out then, but in the second half OU had some consistancy and scored points. They were able to do a lot, except for finding the endzone. Yes, Marshall probably followed their game plan greatly and yes their defense was really good.

HOWEVER... OU should have won this game. Ohio has played inconsistant this season for a long time. They destroyed Temple, then played tough against Central Michigan and now they had this disaster.

Here's a stat for those of you that say Marshall is so much better... Ohio had a 39% red zone effiecency (misspell I know, but you'll get over it :12223 ). I don't care if you're the Ohio State Buckeyes, Florida Gators, or Trimble High School you WILL NOT beat good teams without doing well in the red zone. Ohio would have won ugly (which I told my buddies would happen) if they executed in the red zone. We're on a roll, a punt gets blocked, we get great field position and then... nothing.

Inconsistancy is what lost us this game, not as much Marshall's offense, defense, game play, whatever. I would also add in that OU needs to work on their composure. You can't ride emotions all season and expect to be a consistant team week in and out.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Here's an answer for your stat.
Marshall's defense in the redzone, made it hard to score.
Hence, the reason they are better than OU.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

I respect your opinion but the fact of the matter is that Ohio hasn't had sucess against a lot of teams in the red zone all year, so Marshall is not special in being able to stop them.

Ohio beat Ohio, and that's my opinion and I'm going to stick to it. We have not been sharp all year when it counted most, the red zone. Now it bit us.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

LoganElm_grad09 wrote:Okay, my take on the game. Yes, Marshall played the half of their lives the first half and should have taken us out then, but in the second half OU had some consistancy and scored points. They were able to do a lot, except for finding the endzone. Yes, Marshall probably followed their game plan greatly and yes their defense was really good.

HOWEVER... OU should have won this game. Ohio has played inconsistant this season for a long time. They destroyed Temple, then played tough against Central Michigan and now they had this disaster.

Here's a stat for those of you that say Marshall is so much better... Ohio had a 39% red zone effiecency (misspell I know, but you'll get over it :12223 ). I don't care if you're the Ohio State Buckeyes, Florida Gators, or Trimble High School you WILL NOT beat good teams without doing well in the red zone. Ohio would have won ugly (which I told my buddies would happen) if they executed in the red zone. We're on a roll, a punt gets blocked, we get great field position and then... nothing.

Inconsistancy is what lost us this game, not as much Marshall's offense, defense, game play, whatever. I would also add in that OU needs to work on their composure. You can't ride emotions all season and expect to be a consistant team week in and out.

No, here's the stat that says Marshall is so much better: 123 total yards of offense for OU. Marshall- two RBs over 70 yards apiece. OU had 24 rushing yards an ave of 0.5 yards rushing per carry. Marshall shanked two punts and had 1 blocked. RB fumbled on OU 20 yard line, Marshall went for it on 4th and 1 at OU 3 yard line and didn't get it, Marshall kicker missed his first field goal of the year also, MU gave up a 70 yard fumble returned for a TD. and you say OU beat themselves? Please! :roll:

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

As I said before, a difference of opinions. It's your opinion that Marshall is better than Ohio (that night they were so there's really no point in me arguing against it). It's my opinion that we beat ourselves (sour grapes? lol I'll admit maybe a little but I back my opinion by saying that OU is inconsistant and it caught up with us that night).

I can't wait to go see the game in Huntington next year.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

OU lost, Marshall won -- OU fans get over it. I was ecstatic about Marshall win. Either side can claim what they want but that is why it is called a game and the team with the most points at the end wins. My son went and we missed him on Christmas but the win was a great late present. I hope Marshall gets better and better with the new coach.That said -- Coach Minter did a fine job and should be proud! GO HERD!

Return to “College Sports”