WEEK 2. CINCINNATI BEARCATS AT THE SHOE VS. THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: WEEK 2. CINCINNATI BEARCATS AT THE SHOE VS. THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

Post by countywide35 »

Landed in the capital

Took in a Friday night game

Drove in

Got to hotel

Handful of Bearcats waaayyyyy more fired up at 11pm for the upset then I was....lord have mercy they was rowdy

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 pm Just watched the replay from the 2002 game. Man oh man were the Buckeyes ever lucky in that game! One pass reception and history would have been totally different. Seems like the whole season was like that.
I remember that well. this is going to be a war ya'll. unless the bucks start rolling early. let the bearcats hang around like fau, we could get upset.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Shoes jumpin

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Nasty leg injury

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Ohio State putting them away now. Buckeyes were doing to much talking early on the field. Now just wearing them down. Can't take it easy like last week after a big first quarter.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Did the Bearcats show up? Wow. I suspected them to be doing much better than they are.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not sure what it’s looked like on TV. But inside this stadium this afternoon. The bucks have took care of business and looked good doing it. Heading back to the tailgate

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:39 pm Did the Bearcats show up? Wow. I suspected them to be doing much better than they are.

Trench we came up 33 from Athens after last nights game. And it’s been an impressive butt whooping all over the place. Show up ?? I think so. They (Cindy) were acting the right way while I made the boys watch em come outta the locker room. I just don’t wana jinx the bucks. But hands down the superior football team on the field today. They did what they were supposed too.....whip em

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just like I said on the FAU thread last week. Bucks don't even have an opponent until wk#5 @ Nebraska.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:52 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:39 pm Did the Bearcats show up? Wow. I suspected them to be doing much better than they are.

Trench we came up 33 from Athens after last nights game. And it’s been an impressive butt whooping all over the place. Show up ?? I think so. They (Cindy) were acting the right way while I made the boys watch em come outta the locker room. I just don’t wana jinx the bucks. But hands down the superior football team on the field today. They did what they were supposed too.....whip em
They sure are. A solid butt kick-un going on in C-Bus.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NOW THAT WAS MORE LIKE IT. THE BUCKEYES CRUSHED IN-STATE RIVAL THE CINCINNATI BEARCATS 42 - 0
THE BUCKEYES DOMINATED ON OFFENSE, DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS AND COMPLETELY DOMINATE A VERY FINE CINCY BEARCAT TEAM 42-0. NOT LIKELY WHAT LUKE FICKELL WAS HOPING FOR, AS HE RETUNED TO THE HORSESHOE AGAIN AS A LEADER AND COACH.

let me 1st say I hope the bearcat player that was convulsing is okay. great show of sportsmanship by both teams and fans. I guess his mother had said he had a history with seizures. so prayers to him. but the buckeyes just had too many horses. they had the same horses last week against a fau owl team that was inferior to the bearcats. but kinda sleepwalked through the 2nd half.but the bucks obviously made the right adjustments for this one. fields our qb transfer from georgia is now responsible for 9 td's in 2 games. lil doubt that ryan day is the new quarterback whisperer. the bucks defense is nearly impenetrable it seems. with blazing lateral speed, gang tackling, and great pass coverage. this week the offense was it's equal, and the oline looked awesome as well. we have a great backfield. and dobbins displayed downfield breakaway speed that he has not had previously as he left defenders grabbing for tail lights. fields is such a duel threat. I just hope he makes wise decisions running and gets down feet 1st. lotsa big games to play. next week we head away from the friendly confines of ohio stadium and head to Indiana to play an always scrappy, exciting hoosier team. frankly this game surprised me. I saw cincy waller ucla all over the field week 1 and expected and predicted a much closer game. plenty happy to admit I was wrong.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I'm not that surprised. I said it might be interesting but deep down with everybody saying it would be tough I thought Bucks might blow them out. Fields played good and made great decisions but he had all day to throw. Lets see how he does when there is more pressure on him and has to make quick decisions against faster defenses who can run him down. Both lines played well today. The blocked field goal was the turning point imo, Cincy had some momentum up to that point then the air just went out of the balloon. Another snoozer next week so back to my slumber I go. :lol:

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

So glad to finally see dobbins explode. Plus master teague not looking to bad back there running

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “College Sports”