WEEK 1 OSU VS FLORIDA ATLANTIC

countywide35
SEOP

WEEK 1 OSU VS FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Post by countywide35 »

well....its finally here...…...what's everyone's thoughts heading into opening week...……I hope to see a stingy defense and Justin fields showing the ability to master Ryan Days offense.....need to come out hot win with authority and most importantly come out healthy...….time to get this party started!!!!! GO BUCKS!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 1 OSU VS FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'll say one thing we better not take them lightly. and Cincinnati smashed ucla physically and passing/rushing wise. chip Kelley has his work cut out for him at ucla. it will take him time to recruit the athletes he needs. but he is on a very warm seat right out of the chute. the bearcats have beaten them 2 years in a row.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and you can bet luke fickell will have them fired up next Saturday. he'll have no bigger game than this possibly in his career.
they looked very solid.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As to FAU, I am really looking forward to the game because of the unknowns. Will the defense respond to the new coaching staff? Will the new O-line and Dobbins be able to run like the days of old? Will Fields be as advertised?

I see the Bucks getting a solid 41-24 victory, and we come away thinking OSU will be a work in progress to reach their full potential.

As to team health, OSU has released their injury report. Quite a few players dinged up:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... -game-time

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I expect the defense to come out fired up, and play some good ball. I think it will take a quarter or so for Fields to get into some type of rhythm. We'll probably get a whole bunch of rushing yards from the backs. I'll take the Buckeyes in this one 34-10.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

30 point win in this one . The first real test won't be until wk#5 @ Nebraska.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 am i'll say one thing we better not take them lightly. and Cincinnati smashed ucla physically and passing/rushing wise. chip Kelley has his work cut out for him at ucla. it will take him time to recruit the athletes he needs. but he is on a very warm seat right out of the chute. the bearcats have beaten them 2 years in a row.

the bearcats got better immediately when fickell went...….I like the guy...….some don't and that's ok.....but what he did in Columbus by stepping up when things were tough impressed the dickens out of me and you can bet your bottom dollar and those snakeskin boots of your bait that he will have his troops ready to play the bucks......take them lightly and we are in a world of sh*t against them....other than the game against the bucks....ill behind the bearcats 110%...…..hope they do well but for one week...….

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 am and you can bet luke fickell will have them fired up next Saturday. he'll have no bigger game than this possibly in his career.
they looked very solid.

I thought he had the buckeyes solid too when he steered the ship.....like the man.....like the bearcats to win all but one game and then go to a bowl game and whip an SEC team

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 am and you can bet luke fickell will have them fired up next Saturday. he'll have no bigger game than this possibly in his career.
they looked very solid.

Bait you typically have the thread started for the weekly game for the buckeyes...….was surprised you didn't have a topic over the game this past Monday......I bailed you out this week......but mister step up and do your job.....the team needs you......work and get better and lets see an improvement out of you come week 2....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 am As to FAU, I am really looking forward to the game because of the unknowns. Will the defense respond to the new coaching staff? Will the new O-line and Dobbins be able to run like the days of old? Will Fields be as advertised?

I see the Bucks getting a solid 41-24 victory, and we come away thinking OSU will be a work in progress to reach their full potential.

As to team health, OSU has released their injury report. Quite a few players dinged up:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... -game-time
well said......I would like to see them come out guns blazing but a steady incline of progress week in and week out....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:42 am 30 point win in this one . The first real test won't be until wk#5 @ Nebraska.

love the confidence ..…..I think cincy will be jacked through the roof for the buckeyes and they will treat it as their national title game for sure

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I don’t really think the Buckeyes will have any trouble against FAU. I’ll say 48-17. I think Fields will have a big game.

Who Dey!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Bucks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:42 am 30 point win in this one . The first real test won't be until wk#5 @ Nebraska.

love the confidence ..…..I think cincy will be jacked through the roof for the buckeyes and they will treat it as their national title game for sure
I first met and talked with Luke Fickell back in 90-91 when he was in high school @ DeSales. He was one of the best friend's of my co-workers son and classmate and used to hang out, stay all night, etc. with their family while growing up. He was a very cordial & nice kid . Of course he was an exceptional high school tight end and state champion wrestler before going to Ohio State and playing nose guard for 4 years. You could tell back then that good things were in this kids future. He'll have them ready to play their best for sure & it would be great for him to beat his alma mater but just looking at talent and numbers , I don't see it happening this year. (Personally, if it would happen it wouldn't hurt my feelings).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:24 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm

I first met and talked with Luke Fickell back in 90-91 when he was in high school @ DeSales. He was one of the best friend's of my co-workers son and classmate and used to hang out, stay all night, etc. with their family while growing up. He was a very cordial & nice kid . Of course he was an exceptional high school tight end and state champion wrestler before going to Ohio State and playing nose guard for 4 years. You could tell back then that good things were in this kids future. He'll have them ready to play their best for sure & it would be great for him to beat his alma mater but just looking at talent and numbers , I don't see it happening this year. (Personally, if it would happen it wouldn't hurt my feelings).

Fair enough

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Total snoozer! Next week might be a little more interesting with Lukey and the boys coming to town. He will definitely have them jacked for sure! Wake me up next week please :lol:

The “Basement88”
Waterboy

Post by The “Basement88” »

Ostate by 50!

BINGO :o
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I've seen more competitive hard-hitting scrimmages than this game.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

...and then OSU suddenly looks pedestrian on offense. Looks.like FAU decided to bring pressure on Fields every play. He seems confused. Maybe we need a little more Dobbins

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Of course he can't fumble😞.
Bucks need some adjustments at halftime. Perhaps misdirection plays would slow FAUs pursuit

Return to “College Sports”