Marshall University Football 2019

purpleblood1
JV Team

Marshall University Football 2019

Post by purpleblood1 »

Marshall University football will be playing a really good schedule with the opportunity to possibly get the G5 New Years Day game. They open with VMI at home, then head to Boise State (preseason #1 in Mountain West - Mountain Division), Ohio University (MAC preseason #1 pick in their division), then a bye week, then Cincinnati (who is preseason #2 in AAC East Division), then they roll into conference play. Marshall I think has an opportunity to be 3-1 going into conference play. A lot depends on how the Boise game goes and how they come out of it health wise. On offense the Herd will be strong on the front line, at QB, tight end and at running back. Defense will be a question mark going into the season, but I think with some of the additions they will make a good showing. I look for Marshall to finish the season as C-USA conference champs with an overall record of 10-2. GO HERD!

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Marshall University Football 2019

Post by countywide35 »

WE ARE...............

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Marshall does have a strong non conference schedule and the Herd 's returning offense makes them a contender for the CUSA championship. Defense and development of depth will be the hurdles Marshall will need to surmount if they are to achieve a CUSA championship and a 10 win season. It is a shame though that Marshall (and Ohio U) generate little fan interest in SE Ohio and the Tri State. Marshall offers a good game day experience and entertaining football at a fraction of the cost and hassle of attending an OSU game in Columbus. It is sad that the Herd usually plays before a half empty stadium in Huntington.

Athlon CUSA preview:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... redictions

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

You are correct Omega. The price for a ticket is affordable and concessions prices are at or below most schools of it's size. Marshall hurt themselves a few years ago when they changed season ticket holders seat around. Lost quite a few people due to this.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I love watching games at marshall. though I'm a die hard buckeye. I've always loved the herd.
saw them win a national championship over Youngstown state there in huntington, it was awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

People still love their herd though. In the days of moss/Pennington seats were sold to the max. Bryon leftwich. Larry McLoud. The battle of the bell had the place packed. MAC titles. D-1aa National title games vs YSU were unforgettable moments. And those games and times found here stadium full. Week in and week out. I was so fortunate to have my father take me to to a game when I was a very young boy to Fairfield stadium. Will never forget standing there with my father and a half dozen other high school head coaches and I was offered a mouth watering scolding hot bowl of chili. As the first spoonful was Fixin to head down the hatch I get bumped and my entire bowl of chili dumped down my front side. And I literally mean all down my front side. Started at my chin and didn’t stop to the top of my shoes. My was I embarrassed and instantly become the laughing stock of my father and the rest of the coaches That witnessed it. All in good fun. But I was so mad that I could have went in the middle of bull in the ring with my father and those coaches and confidently known I could have blasted em all under the chin sending their heads straight up needing stitches and come out victorious!!! Great Times and blessed to had a father to go and make those memories with me.

Go Herd !!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my boss had a buddy that had a volkswagon van. and we'd go to a subway in Huntington and get a 6 foot long sub and slide it in there from the back. those things were massive, and would feed an army. then when marshall would score, this group I went with would pass around a big huge summer sausage and everybody took a big bite out of it. this was decades ago. and it seemed like a good idea at the time. besides I figured the alcohol that was flowing would kill any germs, lol. we used to do some serious tailgating there at the joan. I've seen high school games with ironton at Fairfield stadium , but never a marshall game there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good stuff

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Bank on it Marshall is gonna be 10-2 c-usa champs and possibly in a New Years 6 bowl

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be awesome.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Buckeyes8989 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:13 pm Bank on it Marshall is gonna be 10-2 c-usa champs and possibly in a New Years 6 bowl

That’s not unrealistic !!!

I hope one of the losses isn’t to WKU!!

And remember the fighting Irish in South Bend isn’t too far off for the herd football program too.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Marshall gets no love in USA Today Group of 5 preseason poll. From WV Metro News:

USA Today released a Group of 5 preseason Top 10 late last week. Despite the fact that Marshall has been picked to win Conference USA’s East Division, the Herd received no votes in the poll.

The only Conference USA teams to receive recognition in the poll were North Texas, ranked No. 10, and UAB, which received votes.

Central Florida, coming off a 12-1 season and having won 25 of its last 26 games, was the No. 1 selection in the preseason poll, followed by Army.

Three Marshall opponents — Boise State, Ohio and Cincinnati — are ranked in the Top 10. The Broncos, who host the Herd on September 6, are No. 3. The Bearcats and Bobcats, who both come to Huntington this season were ranked sixth and seventh, respectively.

The Bobcats take on Marshall at Joan C. Edwards Stadium in the “Battle for the Bell” on September 14 and the Bearcats meet the Herd on September 28.

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/08/20/marsh ... p-for-vmi/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I still dig the herd. just don't get to see them much in the Columbus market.

Return to “College Sports”