OSU vs. USC Take 2

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

boogerred
All State

Re: OSU vs. USC Take 2

Post by boogerred »

People need to start giving Navy a little more credit.

They have led the NCAA in rushing for the past four seasons!!!

and on a defensive note, the prep for Navy is different than the prep for any other team in college football. Nobody else at the FBS level runs the midline option and inside veer as well as the midshipmen. So I can understand the Buckeyes not being exactly perfect against them (heck nobody is, again they led the NCAA in rushing for the past 4 seasons). And go ahead, say it, the pass defense was not very good. But the passing game's success for Navy was predicated on success on the ground. So, basically they caught OSU picking their behinds.

OSU will be much more competitive against USC than last year.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Won't be close....

USC-45
osu-10

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:The Buckeyes did show some stuff, in the first half.

Second half was a different story.

If you were disapointed with what you saw Saturday, then it is you
who need to change your expectations. What happened against Navy, was
exactly what I expected.

Now that we're done tounge kissing our opponents, and having love fest ceremonies and
cheer campaigns for visiting football teams, the buckeyes can get down to real buisiness.

:lol: I love that post, and I love all your posts seo. But I know I'm just a big as fan as The Buckeyes as anyone on here, if not bigger, but this game has me scared sh**less. I honestly, no jokin, had a nightmare bout this game last night. I know that the Buckeyes didn't show everything that they had for USC and I also know that the triple option that navy runs is one of the top offenses to prepare for defensively, but like I said, I'm nervous.
And i will be honest when I say, I'm not sold on Pryor......I'm sold on his athletic ability, but not his ability to lead us out of a deficent and his composure. i dunno guys, i guess the last the last big games have just made me nervous. I'm not sayin Ive lost confidence but my arrogance as a fan truly ended after 07 title game. I still think we can/will win the game.
Ok' my key to the game or keys....Thaddeus Gibson and Cameron Heyword on D-line(or actullay our whole line) those guys have to get serious pressure ALL night to keep our backers free, and to control USC's o-line off our backers so they can make plays on their deep RB core, so yea I'm nervous. And I wouldnt bet against the Bucks, but im not makin a prediction either.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I guess different coaches have different philosophies when it comes to what they will show and will not.

Urban was playing the school of the blind and OSU not so much.

Anyways, it is what it is.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

USC 27, OSU 10

ExTrojan
Waterboy

Post by ExTrojan »

Still vary worried about this game but I can easily see the Buckeye's getting the W in front of a "Wired" home crowd.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

cant wait for the game tomorrow night...for some reason the more i think about it i think ohio state will win and I see ohio state play on another level we havent seen since I dont know when but i see it happening.There tired of being called overrated,and cant win the big game so im gonna go

ohio state 31

usc 27

BlackAngus
Waterboy

Post by BlackAngus »

Looking for an online radio station for OSU vs USC tonight

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

BlackAngus wrote:Looking for an online radio station for OSU vs USC tonight

http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=27544&

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

tressel leaves alot to be desired. last week, not going for the FG late almost cost them. and tonight, not running the clock out the 1st half cost them the lead. and why in the H are the bucks not blitzing the freshman qb? just rushing 4 lineman and letting him sit comfortably in the pocket. he just baffles me with his so-called great coaching abilities.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Man, McNight just killed us.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Tressell and his band of misfits blow another big game. What's new? Way to humiliate Ohio again, guys.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Why not let Pettry kick the 52 yarder? would give them 8 pt. lead. Tress blows another one!!!!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

usc tried to give this game to osu. feel sorry for the kids. coach's blew this one with playcalling and decisions.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

This game was lost on two plays at the USC 1 yard line. 6-6 235 QB and you dont sneak straight ahead? You pull offensive linemen and hand off 3 yards deep. Terrible play calling!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Coach Little game remains perfect in the big game with his own players.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

our kids played their hearts out tonite. this is on the vest. i have been one of the biggest tressel supporters there is but tonite is on him. he cost us 3 points at end of the 1st half with his play calling/decision making. should have ran out the clock. you can set you watch by him on passing on 1st down and if incomplete he will come back with a running play on 2nd and 10. then when we actually gain 7 yards why not try to run to pick up the 3 yards. i am wondering what he is seeing in practice that would make him not try petrey from 50 yards out. i know the defense has been playing great but it seems like we have a guy that is pretty consistent from 50 plus yards so why not let him try it , instead we try to throw and lose another 5 yards. i was seeing the texas game all over again when we punted that ball. the worst part of the whole thing was the grounding play with a minute left. if pryor see's carter on his right when the db moved over to blitz he is still running, there was nobody close to him, instead we get a grounding call that basically killed us. this is so frustrating i cant stand it. i thought we were the better team all night. defense gave it all they had, its a shame that the offense couldnt have brought more. lastly, what happened to saine at fullback, we had a mismatch with the linebacker all night and never went back to it. i'm done.

rachelcreek
Riding the Bench

Post by rachelcreek »

"Playing hard" is not acceptable. You let USC come in with a freshman quarterback,
on your home turf, drive the ball right down your defensive throat and get outcoached
almost the entire game, even when you were ahead. Win ten games, win the league,
beat Michigan in the process (did you see what their freshman QB did today?) and
lose a bowl game. Coaches blew the USC game. Very 'scared of life' mentality.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yup mr conservative loses another game..looks like another year were they beat no one ranked and loses a bowl game but everything is fine and dandy if they beat michigan then their season is a success and jim tressel can say its a successful season....ohio state just needs to get some one in there to coach to win the game and not to lose it

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I can't understand how a defense holds a team to 18 plays and only 21 net yards for an entire half and then lets them get out of a 2nd and 19 situation deep in their own territory and successfully run a 14 play 90+ yard drive for the winning TD. Play calling was horrendous. A 1st and goal from the 2 yard line and they try to pass on 1st down??? You have a 6'6" QB who can run the ball and a fullback that can pound it in, why in Gods name do you try to pass???? Field Goals after you have 1st and goal will not win you very many games. You have to punch those in.

I am a huge OSU fan and my son will be going to school there starting next week, but I am about done watching a team implode like they do week after week.

Return to “College Sports”