Jim Tressel

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Jim Tressel

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

Boy he sure knows how to break up the rhythem of an offense. I dont know why he puts backups in when everyting is going good like he did in the 2nd quarter. I wish he would wait and do that when the Buckeyes have a comftorable lead.

ItownHosscat
S

Re: Jim Tressel

Post by ItownHosscat »

Tressel ball,you'd think we would be used to it by now.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

He told anyone that would listen all week long here in Columbus, that
Bauserman was going to see time in the second quarter.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Tressel rolled out the red carpet for Navy.

Ran out with them. Passed out flags at the stadium. Encouraged the crowd to honor Navy.

During the game, with all the momentum going OSU's way, he went with the scripted plan to play Joe Bauserman.

It was infuriating to watch, but Tressel will be judged on next week. Beat USC, and everyone forgets Navy. Lose to USC, and everyone forgets Navy.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

what is Tressels record at Ohio State?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I'm a huge Tressel fan, and think he does a great job.

But I'm not falling on my sword over his play calling and coaching style.

The Big Ten isn't good enough to simply have as a team goal to win the big ten title.

Like I said, I support coach to the fullest, and think he's the best guy for the job,
but he needs to seriously up the intesnsity level in the very few tough games the
Buckeyes face every year.

ExTrojan
Waterboy

Post by ExTrojan »

I have always supported JT, however it is getting old real fast.

IF we get blown out Saturday, we must realise JT has reached his zenith and is not the coach to lead us back to the promised land.

Now IF we can win, then we must look at the last 4 Big Game loses as it was our time and we just got beat by a better team.

With that being said, either way it goes on Saturday we still need NEW Asst. Coaches and Coordinators. Heacock and Bollman are jokes

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

ExTrojan wrote:I have always supported JT, however it is getting old real fast.

IF we get blown out Saturday, we must realise JT has reached his zenith and is not the coach to lead us back to the promised land.

Now IF we can win, then we must look at the last 4 Big Game loses as it was our time and we just got beat by a better team.

With that being said, either way it goes on Saturday we still need NEW Asst. Coaches and Coordinators. Heacock and Bollman are jokes

Heacock? Really?

OSU is #1 in the nation in scoring D and #2 in yard against D since he took over as D coordinator. His only awful game in my opinion was Florida.

Against Michigan in 2006, the offense turned it over 3 times in the 2nd half. How many possessions do you get per half? OSU's secondary had a walk-on, O'Neal (who was still on the team last year and didn't play) and Mitchell. Meh.

Against LSU, turnovers, dropped passes, blocked kicks, roughing the punter. Awful. D was "ok"...

Against USC, no one can expect to go out to LA and hold them to anything less than 24 points. For example, even the great D performance against Miami, OSU gave up 17 points in regulation, and that was while getting 5 turnovers. OSU held them to 28 offensive points. Consider that the OSU offense did nothing. If they move the chains a bit, and even score for some momentum, OSU's D gets more rest and USC's O gets fewer opportunities. The OSU D wasn't great, but it didn't have a chance.

Against PSU, the D was great.

Against Texas, the D was very solid, but lost it on a last drive.

Watch more top 10 games when they play each other. Those teams score against each other. OSU's offense has been the problem. This is college football. When you play another elite team, more than likely, you have to score.

ExTrojan
Waterboy

Post by ExTrojan »

IMO, the D does not try to dictate the tempo anymore and waits to react to the other teams schemes. Soft coverage, lack of blitzing.

We need to take away the other teams strengths or at least make them 1 dimensional. Against Texas in the Bowl game, it was the 1st time in years we have attempted to Blitz from the time we steeped off the bus.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Call me crazy but..... From watching the Florida, LSU, USC games what I see that urkes me something awful is this: When these teams go 5 wide or 4 wide with a single set, our linebackers can not run with the speedsters set at the slot position. OSU's linebackers are recruited to be run stoppers. We have had some beasts at those positions, but a 6'2 235lb 4.6 running monster can't cover a 5'9 185lb 4.3 speed burner. WE NEED A EXTRA DB in place of one of the backers on certain sets. It is not rocket science, linebackers don't have the hips or the speed to cover these guys on a full tilt run over the middle, it only takes 1 step and most D1 QBs can make you pay for it. This is where we hear how much faster the SEC is then the Big 10. Not true we have some of the fastest kids in the nation playing at our schools, we just don't have them on the field when they need to be.

Steven A.
Waterboy

Post by Steven A. »

I agree with getting rid of the 2 coordinators. Throw the line coach in there too. You wouldn't see Stoops, Meyer, Brown or Carroll take out the starting QB in the first half. What was the point? To get Bauserman some playing time, in case Pryor gets hurt. Come on!! I think Pryor needs all the playing time he can get. If you are a top recruit why would you want to come and play in that offense!! I believe we have good speed just like the SEC and Big 12 but we just don't utilize it. Get the ball in the hands of the WR quick and let them go make plays. Use the "wildcat" and quit playing somebody because they are upperclassmen and get as much atheltic ability and speed on the field as you can. Carroll doesn't have a problem letting his freshman play, maybe that is why he has the top recruiting class every year and is 6 deep at the tailback position. Why not let Pryor use his feet and his arm to win games? Tim Tebow runs the ball (2 national championships), Colt McCoy and Vince young (National Champ). They said on TV last week Pryor would be one of the best RB in the country. Why not take advantage of that? I feel that if Pryor was playing anywhere else his stats would crush what he is doing at OSU. I love the Bucks, but it is time to let these kids play fast and aggressive!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I think the offense OSU runs most often with Pryor in the gun is the pistol, much different then the wildcat.

OSU used the Troy Smith we can develop you into an NFL pocket passer line to get Pryor to OSU. I think Pryor is much better out of the gun then under center.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Way past time for him to go.

logan80
Waterboy

Post by logan80 »

Tressel needs to burn that vest, his play calling is to close!

Buckeye89
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye89 »

I LOVE OHIO STATE but let's face the facts If we keep running the ball up the middle and not let our thoroughbrad do what he does best we will never beat a team like USC, FLORIDA OR,LSU come on man mix It up. I am just heart broken you can't run three plays and out three plays and out It's getting old your defence wins games but when they are on the field all the time they are running out of gas.I still LOVE OHIO STATE god bless

Buckeye89
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye89 »

Let's just face It michigan just Isn't enough anymore!!!!!!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

You guys are Crazy , Jim Tressel is a great coach period! Just face the fact OSU just doesnt get the same talent that the teams he has been lossing to. ie LSU, Florida,USC,Texas all warm weather teams.
Go ahead and get rid of him and see what happens to OSU. IMO :idea:

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

last night can not be blamed on Tressel, the only questionable call wasnt not trying to kick the FG in the 4th but his defense had stopped USC all night . Last night was all on Pryor, all week it was talked up how Pryor had to win it for the Bucks and he fell flat on his face, he had protection from the O line all night. he was forcing passes all night, throwing while falling back, and I know he wants to prove himself as a passer but when your WRs aren't open use ur god given talent and run!

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

tress blew another one !!!!!!!

He is a good speaker, maybe he could get in politics.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

how did Tress blow it?

Return to “College Sports”