The Playoff Debate: OSU vs OU

Burg96
Waterboy

Re: The Playoff Debate: OSU vs OU

Post by Burg96 »

se-alum wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 am As much as I would like to see the Buckeyes get in, a 29pt loss to an average team is hard to overcome. They have nobody to blame but themselves if they don't get in. The committee didn't make them play mistake filled, uninspired football at Purdue.
This

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:29 am FACTS:

OU Off/Def National Ranking: 1st/111th

Top defenses played: TCU (27th), ISU (39th), WVU (75th), OKST (98th)
Best wins: WVU (16), ISU (23)
Loss: 48-45 loss to TX at home
Staggering fact: Has given up 40+ points in each of their last 4 games. Their defense has actually gotten worse since firing their DC early in the season. That is a 47.25 pt per game average over the last 4 games.

OSU Off/Def National Ranking: 2nd/67th

Top defenses played: Michigan (1st), MSU (14th), TCU (27th), PSU (36th)
Best wins: Michigan (7), PSU (12)
Loss: 49-20 Purdue
Staggering fact: Ohio State's defense has given up an average of 31 points per game.
OSU also has 2 wins better than OU's best win.
OSU has the worse of the 2 losses.

OPINION:
OU plays in a conference that is allergic to defense, thus the reason why they are #1 in the offensive column. The defensive stats are ridiculous. 111th in the country.

Ohio State has the #2 ranked offense in the country. I dont want to hear the crap about how much better OU offense is when OSU is at #2 and playing in one of the 2 toughest divisions in college football (especially defensively).

I believe that BOTH OU and OSU are better than ND. I think both would beat ND by 14+ points if played on a neutral field and all teams played to their potential.

I also believe that OSU's defense would be able to come up with several stops on OK's offense and win that head to head too.

One thing is certain, you cannot argue the facts.

Texas seems to have improved their defense over the past 4 games and I think they can get 2 or 3 stops against OU this Saturday, resulting in a Texas win.

Let the debate begin.
red boy!...Finally quit sobbing and did some research. :lol:

You say that THE B1G is allergic to defense?...Well KState,Texas,I State,TCU,and WVU ALL played better Defense than ohio did. Let that sink in for a second. Also..4 of the TOP Offenses in America are in the B1G 10 in THE OSU,Oklahoma,Texas Tech,and WVU....

SOONER has won 5 games in a row. In those 5 games?..Scored 264..Gave up 203.....ohio has won 4/5..They have scored 206..Gave up 176....SOONER Avg score last 5 games..54=40..ohio? 41-35..Advantage? SOONER

ohio has NO BETTER wins than beating WVU in MTown. NONE...And ARMY could/would beat ANYONE in the big 14...

To say that the big 14 east is one of the 2 toughest divisions makes you sound like the moron HOMER you are. Did you forget that indy,rut,and mary is in this division?..and their 11-25 :lol: ...And Sparty and their 19-17 record the last 3 years and Michigan has been nothing but an 8-5 team on Average since the turn of the Century...the 14 east won 57% of their games,finishing behind the ACC ATL,PAC-12 N,and ,of course both sides in THE SEC...The big 14 as a whole is THE WORSE...Only Sparty,and maybe a healthy. UM would be in ANY conversation in comparing playing Defense with THE MSU,THE TIDE,and LSU....And these 3 SEC squads and AUBURN each have Much better Personnel...And their are others in THE SEC East...

Here ARE the FACTS:
*SOONER has defeated teams who are a combined 64-66..ohio..61-71
*TCU is the only Head-to-Head Metric. SOONER dominated them. ohio did not..Was given the game...
*SOONER gives up 449 yds Per Game.....ohio gives up 400...
*ohio gives up 7.3 Yards Per Pass Attempt....They give up 4.5 Yards Per Rush Attempt
*SOONER gives up 8.1 YPPA....Give up 4.1 YPRA......About a 1/2 yard BETTER than ohio against the run...

*SOONER Gains 3 MORE Yards per Play than they give up :D ...ohio?...0.8 :lol:
*SOONER avgs 8.8 Yards Per Play......ohio?...6.6
SOONER allows 5.8 yards per play....ohio?

Now SOONER has RAN 196 LESS plays than ohio....BUT....Have close to 500 MORE yards of Total Offense...And scored close to 90 MORE points.....SOONERS defense is on the field more and longer. The committee knows this as they know that FAU,UCLA,and Army are MUCH better football teams than what THE OSU Beavers are or Tulane.
Doesnt matter to me between these 2 in reality...THE 3 BEST and Most complete college football teams are Easily THE TIDE,Clemson,and Georgia.....ND is #4.....THE TITLE GAME should not have ANY bearing on the final status in the playoffs for TIDE/Ga...Unless 1 outfit gets poop-canned to the curb....But if we have a game like last January?..And if 1 of these outfits gets politicized by Delany and his TV/Media mogul Cronies like has happened before?....College football will have received a Terrible Black Eye...AGAIN.....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oklahoma leads 20-14 at halftime.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

While watching the Oklahoma vs Texas game late in the 3rd. I just got a phone call that the refs have already thrown 3 Pass interference call against Ohio State.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well the debate is settled as Oklahoma beat Texas 39-27. OSU is eliminated and the Sooners are in if Bama beats Georgia. No path available for the Bucks to make the playoffs. The rankings last Tuesday told the story.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree, I don’t think it matters how bad Ohio State beats Northwestern (could be another Wisky), this Committee absolutely lives Oklahoma (their offense anyway) even though it ranks just ahead of Ohio State.
BUCKEYES WITH NO CHANCE OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS NOW.
Blame it on the egg they Kaye’s at Purdue. Cannot keep doing that - two years in a row now.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Watch Georgia beat Alabama to knock Oklahoma out.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

A Georgia win by 14 or more knocks Bama out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm A Georgia win by 14 or more knocks Bama out.
I don’t think so - the Commitee loves the SEC.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

smurray wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm A Georgia win by 14 or more knocks Bama out.
Bama can lose by 21 and still get in, guaranteed . (Full body of work and who you play)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
The General
All State

Post by The General »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Bama can lose by 21 and still get in, guaranteed . (Full body of work and who you play)
If BOTH arent in?....What a political disaster College football is....No MATTER who in the HELL doesnt like it.....

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Georgia and Bama should both be in but won't happen. I agree and Oklahoma, Ohio State and Notre Dame would lose to both these teams head to head.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”