Johnson retires at Georgia Tech

farmer
SEOP

Johnson retires at Georgia Tech

Post by farmer »

Paul Johnson retires at Ga Tech. Opening up a job in a great area for recruits. This will also bring an end to the heavy run game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Johnson retires at Georgia Tech

Post by Omega »

Johnson was 189-98 as a D1 head coach with 82 of those coming as a Rambling Wreck. His career was marked by a run oriented offense and a remarkable lack of controversy and scandal. He got the most out of limited talent at Tech, Navy, and Georgia Southern. He won two 1AA titles at Ga Southern.

His teams were the last of the few teams to utilize a true option run offense. Johnson is among the last of the old school good guys. His record is truly amazing given the academic standards at Tech and Navy.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Omega wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:18 pm Johnson was 189-98 as a D1 head coach with 82 of those coming as a Rambling Wreck. His career was marked by a run oriented offense and a remarkable lack of controversy and scandal. He got the most out of limited talent at Tech, Navy, and Georgia Southern. He won two 1AA titles at Ga Southern.

His teams were the last of the few teams to utilize a true option run offense. Johnson is among the last of the old school good guys. His record is truly amazing given the academic standards at Tech and Navy.
Very true!!! Kind of heard this a few weeks ago..The BEST Triple-Choice guy I have EVER seen....He could be kind of a surly A-Hole if you know what I mean and wasnt "exactly" beloved...But boy could he teach those QBs to read it down....Those Dive kids would hit it about 100 Miles Per Hour!!...Chopping EOLS players ,Flat defenders,and strong and weak corners was something I HAVE ALWAYS detested...But man was it effective and a thing of beauty when that QB waited until the last second and made that pitch just Beautifully to the A and B backs with perfect timing and those guys at full throttle!!!.....Ga just dominated this concept last Saturday so it is about to choose the route of the Dinosaurs....EXCEPT in THE game........Army-Navy

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Sure is a good man to run a clean program. Much like when Randy Shannon took over Miami. Players not getting in trouble and actually going to class. Getting good grades and graduating players. Just not winning at high level. Sure would be nice if he could hang around the school to help with the off the field with the players.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I agree...

Return to “College Sports”