NFL Combine results

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: NFL Combine results

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Jenkins really hurt himself according to the espn football people. They do this for a living so I will go with their thoughts on this. They are saying he might not be a corner in the NFL. They did say he might be bettter suited as a free safety.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

the kicker who had like 25 reps was insane i saw the video from it and my jaw dropped

i mean 25 reps is average for other positions but crazy for a kicker

then Terrance taylor out of michigan put up an impressive 37 reps then there was the 39 from the Offensive linemen from Texas Tech

My winners of the combine are

Darrius Heyward Bey WR out of Maryland: showed excellent speed jumping ability and strength
Pat White QB out of WVU: had an overall great workout at the QB position
Brian Hartline WR out of OSU: showed some people that coming out early will pay off for him. Had good speed hands. Just looked like he is ready to be an NFL receiver. Same with Brian Robiskie. Both OSU WR looked soild

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I have to disagree with you Dubs. I don't see James coming off the board untill late first round early second.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

With 32 picks, I consider the mid-first round between 13-26.

If he doesn't go by then, then too much stock is put into one test,
and not enough is put into film evaluation.

Then again if he goes later than that, someone is getting a good value
at their spot.

He is still rated as the 2nd or 3rd best linebacker in the draft.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

When I think mid-first round I think 11-low 20's, JMO.

Anyways, the LB from Wake, Mal (USC), and possibly Cushing (USC) go before him.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Cushing had a great combine, wonder if Matthews and he have been
hitting the juice together. :)

The kid from Wake is a great pick, would have liked to see him against better
competition, or at least more often. He'll definatly be the first LB off the board,
sure has Kipper and McShay firmly implanted in his backside. Suprised they
could manage to get their noses out of Stafford's long enough to give anyone else attention.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

peake wrote:When I think mid-first round I think 11-low 20's, JMO.

That's cool, I break it up into thirds though 1-11, 12-22, and 23-32.
Mid first round, early late by my estimate.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Looks like Cadogen didnt do to bad.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
Name Time
Murtha, Lydon 4.89
Meredith, Jamon 5.03
Fulton, Xavier 5.04
Beatty, William 5.12
Cadogan, Gerald 5.12
Luigs, Jonathan 5.14
Bell, Joel 5.15
Britton, Eben 5.16
Walker, Brandon 5.17
Cooper, Jon 5.18
Smith, Jason

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Some please tell me you saw the D-bag Mel Kiper and Todd McShay debate about Staford?????

Kiper is a d-bag. First get new hair cut. He thinks by yelling his point becomes more relevant. He argues that Detriot needs a QB, so they need to take the best one available in the draft. I highly disagree. Unless the QB is a can't miss, then you build from the inside out just like all of the other great teams in the NFL.

Staford is not a "great" prospect. He is not a Carson Palmer or a Payton Manning. Do you go after the best available QB just because you need a QB, or do you get the best player on the board?

Look at what the Dolphins did. Took Jake Long, an OT, and then went out and got a good second round QB in Heene. The key was going out and getting Pennington who was a quality---not great---starter who could get the job done while letting the rookie get the experience of absorbing it all. It worked out great for them.

There is no savior in this draft---especially not Staford. Do you go after a QB and start a rookie and ust take your lumps, or do you actually build by getting a quality OL or LB? I know wha I would do.

P.S. McShay pretty much said what I said.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions take:
--Matthew Stafford, and Mel Kipper's Nose (as it is firmly planted in Stafford's Butt)

I wonder just how much of his signing bonus Stafford has promised to give to Kipper.
Mel has been up his crack for a year and a half now, and not once has Stafford even led
Georgia to a division title.

When your as bad as the Lions, you need to build a team, and not just blow your wad on one player.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Stafford is a combine hero---when the pressure is on, he folds.

Chad Heene has just as impressive a resume as Stafford, and Heene was a 2nd rounder.

If there were a true #1 pick in this draft, and the Lions weren't the Lions, they would be smart and get quality out of their picks by trading it, rather then blowing it on Stafford. They can get just as much quality by trading the pick and building the team instead of only drafting WR and QB's.

This may sound like a stretch, but trade the 1st pick the NE and get Matt Castle, then you can grab a LB or DB mid first round.

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

peake wrote:Stafford is a combine hero---when the pressure is on, he folds.

Chad Heene has just as impressive a resume as Stafford, and Heene was a 2nd rounder.

If there were a true #1 pick in this draft, and the Lions weren't the Lions, they would be smart and get quality out of their picks by trading it, rather then blowing it on Stafford. They can get just as much quality by trading the pick and building the team instead of only drafting WR and QB's.

This may sound like a stretch, but trade the 1st pick the NE and get Matt Castle, then you can grab a LB or DB mid first round.

That doesn't sound like a stretch at all. Getting an experienced QB (Cassell) and filling other needs would be very smart by the Lions. Particularly if you could save some money that could be used to attract other players. Throwing another QB to the wolves up there wouldn't be smart at this point.

Return to “College Sports”