It's official...PSU forces Joe Paterno to RETIRE NOW!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Re: It's official...PSU forces Joe Paterno to RETIRE NOW!

Post by VegasEagle »

tigercannon71 wrote:You talk about going to the cops based upon what he heard, not what he saw. Thatd be like if I went over to Jim and said I saw Bob in a shower with a young boy. Now Jim cant just go on hear say and call the cops going uh yea officer I heard about a man in a shower with a young boy. They would ask if he actually saw it because as we all know just because you hear something doesnt mean its true. So you do the next best thing you tell your supreriors about it.

Look Im not saying he shouldnt have been let go. Im thinking a lot more heads will roll before this is all said and done.

What I am saying is he was done dirty by the same university that he basically built. If you called it Paterno State University no one would blink an eye. They should have let him retire or been like, "Look coach for everything you have done for us we are greatful, but this saturday will be you last game so when you type you letter of resignation make the date effective Nov 13th." That way you keep from the riots that occurred last night and everybody has time to let it sink in then he can go out a legend with his head held high. Unlike this way in which they dumped him by the side of the road in a garbage bag like an unwanted kitten.
Why cant you go to the cops you get up off your butt and go to the cops together its that simple. If a coworker comes to me and tells me a story like that we are going to the police screw the chain of command. Lets be honest who pretty much ran Penn State?????????JoePa so why would he have to go up the ladder????????

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If I was the GA, McQueary, I would have called the cops.

But it would have been after I had gotten the boy out of harms way, and killed Jerry Sandusky!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Really tigercannon?

You do realize we are talking about molestation of a or many young boys right?

Yes the minimum requirement is to pass on the information, and you better believe that I would be inquiring about the outcome of our discussion the next day. If nothing has happened I would most certainly at minimum encourage my grad asst who did see it to go to the authorities. If someone is murdered in the front door of your business do you run and tell the boss or do you go to the authorities? This is bigger then a minor violation where minimum information needs to be communicated to your superior. The fact you are trying to argue that is very sad.

As far as the firing goes, it had to be done. With him their things would have only gotten more toxic.
Last edited by Peake on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:If I was the GA, McQueary, I would have called the cops.

But it would have been after I had gotten the boy out of harms way, and killed Jerry Sandusky!
I'm with you!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:If I was the GA, McQueary, I would have called the cops.

Exactly, why didnt he stop the act as it was happening and call the cops. Basically he was an accessory to this if he saw it happening and didnt stop it or call the cops. He's more liable than Paterno.

Peake, I realize this and I said yea Paterno was going to have to be let go and they will probably clean house, but to fire the man like they did was wrong. He did nothing wrong.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

You see this is where me and the majority of our society disagrees with you. Doing the minimum is fine, but he should have done more. It is his duty as a freaking human-being to look out for children. No he saved face and walked away from it.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

peake wrote:You see this is where me and the majority of our society disagrees with you. Doing the minimum is fine, but he should have done more. It is his duty as a freaking human-being to look out for children. No he saved face and walked away from it.
BOOOOOOOM thats the sound of a man Winning great post Peake

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The GA McQueary had been friends with Sandusky for a long time. People are all on McQueary and very well should be. One thing he probably thought about was if things had been hidden before and if you spoke up you would be gone or never get the chance to be more than a GA. Then he gets hired on staff the next year. How many people who go to work at a big corporation would say anything about a senior staff member?
I had not heard if the janitor who witnessed the incident before that kept his job, got a better job there or run out. Because McQueary would have been on the team during that time. As Sandusky was still allowed around the team and complex.

Even everyone should have done more to protect the kids no matter what the cost.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ok yet the grad assistant and the others who actually SAW the acts happening not heard from a rumor or was told by a second hand source, but actually SAW the acts happening get unnoticed, but the guy who reported it to his supreriors like he should have. The guy whose name is synamous with your university, the guy whos donated a freaking library to your school gets fired like a criminal when he did what he was supposed to.

That a mob mentality of people clearly not thinking straight. You ask for a resignation letter and let him go out with his head held high, not like some criminal. Hell Jerry Sandusky is getting off easy right now compared to the crap Joe Paterno is getting. You would think Paterno was the one caught in the shower with the boy.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Due process will allow for Sandusky's inevitable future to drag out, however, rest assured his fate will be FAR worse than JoePa's....as it should be!!! I still find it hard to believe JoePa didn't know more. The average sex offender commits 107 acts....we know of 8 at this point. I think its safe to say the number and time-span will multiple significantly!!!! You really think JoePa believed the right thing was being done, while Sandusky still had access to the lockerroom, weight room and the program as a whole? I fail to believe that until the entire investigation is complete and the facts prove one way or the other. My mindset of JoePa as a coach will NEVER change. But, my opinion of him as a person HAS changed, possibly forever!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The report said the janitor is now retired but he did not testify because he suffers from dementia.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Heres the grand jury finding of the case: Warning some may find it very offensive there is some detail in a few things that Sandusky did in the packet.

http://media.philly.com/documents/Sandu ... ntment.pdf

Really after reading it a thousand more questions are brought up. It says in the report he was shaken. Just read it your self.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

--Albert Einstein

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

The next story that is coming out, once confirmed, is absolutely horrifying.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

................................................................................................ :12224

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

ACCBiggz wrote:The next story that is coming out, once confirmed, is absolutely horrifying.
Word is it could be out as early as tonight.

In the end, I'll be won't be suprised if PSU doesnt have an athletic department anymore!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

--Albert Einstein
FACT!!!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

I will make this prediction, JoPa will be dead within a year. He was the most powerful man in State College and all his power is now gone. He has nothing to live for and the shame and embarassment will now kill him.
Also, the next thing Sandusky puts in his mouth should be the cold, hard barrel of a .357 just before he points it toward his brain and pulls the trigger. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Based on the grand jury report, I can't believe he is out on bail and certainly not for a meager 100K. That's chump change to this guy. Like you, I suspect this will never make it to trial

"Sandusky, free on $100,000 bond and under a judge's order to have no contact with minors, lives in State College."

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

frank-n-beans wrote:I will make this prediction, JoPa will be dead within a year. He was the most powerful man in State College and all his power is now gone. He has nothing to live for and the shame and embarassment will now kill him.
Also, the next thing Sandusky puts in his mouth should be the cold, hard barrel of a .357 just before he points it toward his brain and pulls the trigger. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I usually dont agree with your posts, but thumbs up there, agree 110%

Return to “College Sports”