The Game! It's OSU/Michigan Week!!!

Who wins, THE GAME!

Total votes: 0

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: The Game! It's OSU/Michigan Week!!!

Post by C-Bolt »

TSUN defense finally comes through,,O-State had receivers wide open all day long sometimes Braxton hit them sometimes he didn't,,but I thought they give a good showing today,poor defense got shellacked but I expected that with all the injuries and youth against a high powered offense,just glad the offense was able to keep up today,,Urban Meyer has to be licking his chops!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Ohio states offense was surprisingly good and the defense was surprisingly bad. Didn't understand the 3rd and 6 call to ground the ball to setup 4th down play.

Miller made big plays all day. Really looking forward to him over the next few seasons. He's going to be special. Needs to work on his timing and touch on his passes. Over threw wide open recievers. Had posey on the last possession and missed him.

Kinda put the icing on the cake to a dismal year. But hey, I still love my buckeyes and we'll be back strong!

Go Buckeyes!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Michigan's D wasn't as advertised.

Miller had 335 yards
Robinson had 337

The failure of the game was Ohio States linebackers outside of Shazier playing hurt.
Then again that has been a down area all year with Vrable not knowing his ass from a hole in the ground concerning the coaching of 4-3 style linebackers.

Again congrats Michigan, you've made me remember the hate I that had turned to apathy over the past 3 years!

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Ohio states offense was surprisingly good and the defense was surprisingly bad. Didn't understand the 3rd and 6 call to ground the ball to setup 4th down play.

Miller made big plays all day. Really looking forward to him over the next few seasons. He's going to be special. Needs to work on his timing and touch on his passes. Over threw wide open recievers. Had posey on the last possession and missed him.

Kinda put the icing on the cake to a dismal year. But hey, I still love my buckeyes and we'll be back strong!

Go Buckeyes!
The 3rd and 6 grounded ball play is called STUPIDITY. I still say IMO the QB to lead the Ohio State University to the Promise Land of big time college footballdum is not yet on the Buckeye team. Miller will never reach the level of greatness at the OSU.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The ground call came from the sidelines on 2nd down. Braxton missed it and spiked it on 3rd.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Braxton Miller left at least two if not three TD'S on the field with his horrible passing and once again the defense failed to get it done when the game was on the line.

This has been the case most of the year so I really did not think it would change today.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Sometimes you have to bear the unbearable. That has been an OSU fan's lot for the last year. Saw some things to be excited about for next year. I almost hope they don't go to a bowl. Let the healing begin. The other "Shoe" will drop next year this time.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OSU came out very well. The long TD helped to gain confidence. They just could not stop UM. The linebackers being beat up were not a strength to begin with. Shazier playing hurt didn't help much at the end of the game. Which really shows the depth at linebacker. Something OSU has not had to deal with in years. Which puts a lot of pressure on the D line and DB's. The D line just wore down over the amount of plays.

The offense played probably its best all around game. Miller holds on to the ball to long at times which leds to sacks. Also when he misses he does not even give his receiver a chance to catch it. With the talented TE in Stoneburner he should have been Miller's best friend. But hardly was used in most games. I also do not think that Miller has what it takes to consistently win big games. He has great feet but his passing is much like a home run hitter in baseball. Either hits a HR or strikes out.

I think Luke did a very good job with the players he had and all going on this year. Injuries, suspensions, off field talk all year, as well as the lack of quality depth at QB, LB and O line. Even the games lost they were in the games at the end. That was with the third worst passing in their division.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Miller looking a lot better, showed improvements all year. Looking forward to next year. Finally, that fire of Michigan hatred is burning again. Last several years was kind of its just another win against another team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Like I said on other threads, beat The Buckeyes this year, it will be few and far between the few years. Back to Ohio State football next year - WINNING! Urban Meyer at the helm and Fickell back on the defense, a National Championship within a couple years.

Braxton Miller is going to special, he already is. He has better passing form than TP, just needs allot work at that part of the game. Timing and missing recievers will be corrected.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I didn't get to see the whole game due to work. But eleven warriors twitter had posted during the game that spielman slipped in "maybe fickell will stay on with urban, but who knows" lol did anyone else catch that?

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Hoke and his players calling OSU before and after the game Ohio is totally classless. Tressell before and Fickell now never called, or allowed the players to call, Michigan anything but that. Fans say whatever. The players and coaches should show class in defeat as well as victory. Enjoy it, because it'll comeback to bite them in the a$$.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

mikepike wrote:Hoke and his players calling OSU before and after the game Ohio is totally classless. Tressell before and Fickell now never called, or allowed the players to call, Michigan anything but that. Fans say whatever. The players and coaches should show class in defeat as well as victory. Enjoy it, because it'll comeback to bite them in the a$$.

like next year.

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I love how people are ripping miller and saying hes not the qb of the future (ie)whitewiskers .The kid has played well for being thrown into that situation.If we do get urban he turn him into a great qb and will turn this team around.I still gotta say im not impressed with michigan,what happened to the so called improved defense .They let a freshman qb run and throw all over them sat.If they get a BSC bowl it will be a shame .I think the loser of the title game should get it,but everyone knows the media is in love with michigan and wants them there.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mab43bac wrote:I love how people are ripping miller and saying hes not the qb of the future (ie)whitewiskers .The kid has played well for being thrown into that situation.If we do get urban he turn him into a great qb and will turn this team around.I still gotta say im not impressed with michigan,what happened to the so called improved defense .They let a freshman qb run and throw all over them sat.If they get a BSC bowl it will be a shame .I think the loser of the title game should get it,but everyone knows the media is in love with michigan and wants them there.
Miller is the future. He will be a true dual threat QB. I still think the offense would have been much further along if Miller had been starting since week 1 and they didnt wast time with Bauserman.

For next year:

Pros:
1.) Bauserman will never see the field again.
2.) Bollman can finally put his offensive scheme to work at the biddy league level!
3.) MEYER MEYER MEYER!
4.) Miller will have all off season to work on his game.
5.) OSU's defense should be really good next year.

Cons:
1.) Several of the O lineman return next year. Hopefully there will be many corrections made!
2.) Recuiting for next year isnt the best, but not that bad. Meyer may be able to make a difference in that area and persuade some kids to come to OSU who as of now are considering other destinations.

Hopefully we will see this team in action one more time this season!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And I will cheer for Michigan in their bowl game. I hope they get an opponent who cant put points on the board in masses or they will be in trouble!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the Bucks hadn't screwed up by getting in trouble meatchicken wouldn't have been in this game.

But i guess that is too bad

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The GAME is still the GAME. OSU could beat them 100 times and one victory on their part is one too many. Now it just feels right. 365 days from now (leap year) will be a whole different experience. Also, Buckeye Nation will be getting a new coach. I look for next year to be MUCH better even if Luke returned. But what I am zeroing in on is that second year. That is the magical number for when new coaches come in and then go on to win the National Championship. Miller will be a junior and if he continues to improve, will be a legitimate Heisman candidate by then. Watch closely to see how many late commitments and defections to OSU occur in the weeks ahead once Meyer is introduced.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

A very well played game by Ohio. Luke is a very good coach, and I hate it for him that he was put in the situations he was.

I don't know what the big fuss is about Michigan saying Ohio. I don't see how that makes the coaches or players classless. Maybe you have forgotten that your greatest coach never said Michigan, always said the team up North. I think people will b*tch to b*tch just so they don't have to give someone credit.

One thing I think I have done these last 5 years or so is give credit where it is due, maybe some of you should try doing the same.

Congrats on Urban Meyer, I ma sure he will be a great coach at OSU.

I think the camp that said Brady Hoke was not the right guy is now eating their words. Brady is the perfect coach at Michigan. If he is not Big Ten Coach of the Year something is wrong.

Next year Michigan should be very very good. It will hurt to lose Van Bergan and Martin, but having the #1 recruiting class in the country is helpful.

I am very excited about the future of The Game.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

BTW, I now know how it feels for OSU fans to have to listen to Griese call The Game.

I really hope they don't let Spielman call an OSU/UM game anymore. Really can't be objective.

Return to “College Sports”