Texas vs. Ohio State

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 am

Total votes: 0

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Texas vs. Ohio State

Post by fightingtigers45 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Perfect ending after the horrible spot.

The spot was right. Look at the replay from the side.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Just_A_Fan wrote:I dont know the rule but how can to players on the sqame team have the same number. Example TP, and Jenkins. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

i would guess it's either no two players on the same side of the ball can have the same number (ex. TP/Jenkins, Marcus Freeman/Boom Herron) or i'm sure there's a rule about players with the same numbers being on the field at the same time.

as for the game...

it was a valient effort by the Buckeyes being able to come back like they did but mental mistakes killed OSU tonight...namely penalities, dropped passes and poor throws (by Pryor, Boeck was fantastic when he didnt have to try to scramble). there was a few instances of bad play calling but probably not enough to have any profound effect on the game. it was a fun and exciting game to watch, unfortunately the result wasn't was I wanted it to be.

...and yes, the spot was right.

GO BUCKS!!!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I think only two players can have the same number but they can never be on the same field at the same time.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

The Ohio State offensive line is awful. They cannot pass block at all.

OSU still had a shot to kick a FG with that field position and 2 timeouts, Texas rushed 3, and they sacked Boeckman is a matter of 2 seconds. Just horrible.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

When it's 3rd and 12 and your trailing a draw play is not a great choice. . It doesnt matter though they needed a big stop and didnt get it. They would have been better to run it up the gut in the end and make UT use their timeouts. Great game though much respect for the Buckeyes

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

in the end it was a great game to watch, and boechman showed he probably should have played alot more during the season he definetley stepped his game up tonight and beanie needs to come back to injury prone ....and i think todd will be taken late in the draft ...so they have a 10 win season were they didnt really have a significant win this year with the exception of beating there rival michigan who had a horrible year

go bucks!

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

I don't think the spot was right....at all! The Bucks just got SCREWED!!!!!!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

beanie better go and hope for a big signing bonus because his first contract might be his last.
if you can't last a season in college no way you can last in the n.f.l

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

after the review, the spot was right. texas guy extended his arm a foot or two past the marker. forward progress, i hate it, but it is what it is.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

the spot was right, the blow to the head, that lead to their touchdown before that was a horrible call, even if the official was in the wrong position to call it, whats the other guys out there for?

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

When the game started I said to the hubby, "If we can just make it a close game I will be happy...no blow outs like the last 2 times.." Then as I was watching I thought heck we can beat this team.... Just too many penalities at the wrong time...

I thought we had them stopped and the way the coaches were jumping up and down I didn't think he got the 1st down but watching the replay it was the correct spot..That was hard for me to say...

I was beginning to think I was watching the Browns with only field goals giving us points on the board....Tough one to take for Buckeye fans....

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

game was much closer than i expected... credit osu defense. just on field to long 2nd half... looked tired when texas went to hurry up offense.

beanie is soft... no way he can survive in nfl. usc and texas 2 big games and he sits at usc and sits 2nd half vs texas

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Valient effort by our Buckeyes. They didn't embarrass as many were concerned about, they played the # 3 team in the nation, a team many thought should be in the NC game, and held their own. You can always have the post-game would've...should've...could've's but in the end, it is what it is. Still proud of my Buckeyes and will be kill'in time waiting on the Spring Game. And for all the Buckeye naysayers and "Fans" ;-) , here's a thought for you.....at least the Bucks were there. :-D

Good comment from the Ozone....

The Buckeyes did not win the game, but were in until the end, and for much of the game dictated the tempo. Much has been made of OSU's recent losses in big games, and while there was no jubilation in the losing locker room, the Buckeyes were not hanging their heads. They had slugged it out toe-to-toe with the highly regarded Longhorns, and come within a whisker of leaving the field winners.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It was a great game, we just came up on the short end last night.

I am getting sick and tired of Beanie. Always hurt, and I didnt see anything that would kept him out of that game in the 4th quarter last night.

The more I see Boom Herron, the more I like him. When the line decides to block for him and not take a break, he gets good yardage.

It was a good game, but some things have got to change for next year.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

WELLS took a blow to the head is what they was saying,I diddnt see it, but he had 100 yards rushing, or close to it, so stil not bad.

I just think it would have been better with Boekman in full time, T P is a great runner, but you can still get the ball in his hands other then at the Q B .

I do agree it was a great game, and I would have rather won, but I am happy to have seen such a great game.......Tresel was right, he said this game would come down to the last minutes

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

I'm sorry to disagree but I think that the spot of the 4th down was dead wrong..the ref who initially made the first spot was the official closest to the play and was over-ruled by an official much further away.The roughing the passer call was a blown call and the Bucks should never have gone for the 2 pt conversion attempt twice. Also, the entire linebacker corp rushed the line on the last play, opening up the field for the ultimate pass play which did us in. Also, what was with the offsetting pass interference call ? OSU had plenty of chances to put themselves in a better position but without the questionable calls and defensive mistakes, Texas would never have been in a position to win with a single TD.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

they got the spot right

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Both O and D coordinators need to go or you might as well get used to that "kicked in the gut" feeling every year(if you haven't already). Bollman is a complete failure as a coach and Heacock cannot make any adjustments. Tress won't make any changes because he sacrifices what is best for the team for loyalty to his friends. The only bright spot after this game is that I no longer have to watch that fat, lazy Boone get toasted after another snap. There was smoke rolling off of him after the game, he got burnt so bad!

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Too many points left on the field early and drives not finished kept Texas in the game. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for allowing it to be as close as it was in the end. The obvious evaluations are that tOSU needs some "help" offensively when drawing up plays. Even on Robo's long reception did anyone see the spacing between he and the slot guy, by design?? That kind of play lead to Boeckman losing his job b/c when he tried to go deep the defense had a chance to react and end up doubling over the top of our recievers resulting in interceptions. TB should have played alot more this year and that definitely is not hind sight on my part, have said that all year long. We would have beaten PSU with him playing as little as 30 % of the snaps. HE made a game of it last night and like i said last year on here, he will be playing when Troy Smith is watching football someday. With all that said, I was impressed with the way we played last night, most of the time, and nobody is perfect or plays the perfect game. Just didn't make the plays when they were available or most needed. We held a very good offense in check most of the night and our offense was much better than it has been most of the season. One play or two made all the difference in the world. My question is, should TP have been playing reciever alot more this year?? When they sent him downfield he accelerated off the ball like we haven't seen him do from the QB spot all year. Not to mention his athletic ability. I hope they really work on his footwork in the months ahead, with just a little air, Robo had a TD last night that would have wrapped it up. Gotta set your feet at least a little. Anyway, I was really looking at tOSU getting beaten prior to the game and in the end we really beat ourselves rather than getting beat. Those seniors are going to be missed next year and were fun to watch. Malcolm Jenkins is a stud!!! Of course Beanie will probably go and leave us with another bunch of what ifs. These frosh are going to be a great group to watch mature and grow into the next group to lead us along the BCS path.

The spot was fine, the 2nd helmet to helmet was crap. We are better than we played last night and the scary part is that we played pretty darn good and should have gained some respect from all the naysayers. I agree with both DC and OC must go and the loyalty thrown out, loyalty is great but if it threatens JT's job or makes him look bad then he needs to decide what is best for his fate. And I also agree that Boone is a waste of talent and lots of cornflakes.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I can honestly say that I would have rather lost that game 100-0 than the way they lost last night. Offensively, some of the worst play-calling I've seen OSU make. They should have put up at least 30 points. I just didn't get the whole alternating QBs deal. They haven't done it all year and yeah it worked a little bit, but really it was just predictable.

I've lost faith in Tressel completely. When Texas scored the winning TD, I immediately - without saying a word - grabbed Tressel's book that was sitting on my TV set, took it outside, and promptly burned it and threw the remains out on the lawn into the rain.
Thanx again, Jim.... I've missed the first night of winter quarter the past 3 years to see you guys play, only to watch you get humiliated (or heartbroken).

As I said earlier in the year - how ironic is it that they fired Cooper because he couldn't beat Michigan.... and that's pretty much been the only "Big Game" Tressel's been consistently able to win since he's been at OSU. He wins a championship with a bunch of Cooper's players and gradually fades off into mediocrity. Only the fact that OSU fans travel better than any other fans in the country keeps the program on the radar of serious contenders....
Again, thanks for humiliating OSU fans nationwide, Tress!

Return to “College Sports”