GATOR THE OTHER WHITE MEAT-BUCKS GATORS WHO WINS.

WHO WINS OSU OR FLORIDA.

Poll ended at Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 am

Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: GATOR THE OTHER WHITE MEAT-BUCKS GATORS WHO WINS.

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Bucks win by more than a TD.

I follow a lot of the Florida writers on twitter, and they seem to be giving that feeling too!

Bucks will be on a 2 game winning streak* against the SEC after the game today.
You talking about the game I just watched? Me think you need a new phone or a new bunch of writers to follow, that group misinformed you. Going to be next fall before "Bucks on a 2 game winning streak against anyone."
Seofan, IMHO you don't know as much about the Ohio State University football program as you lead others to think you do.
I'm not a big expert on football, as many on here are, but I'm saying on the second day of 2012 that the QB to lead the OSU to the Promise Land of football is yet not on the team.
Nice that you can comment after the game on a view I expressed before it, while spending the better part of an entire season not posting on these threads at all!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Once the Gator found out that Miller can not throw the deep paa on target this one was easy for their defense.

I am calling it now and it won't be liked, but when time shows me to be correct on this I will again bring this up.

With Miller leading the offense the Buckeyes won't be any better next season even with a new coaching staff.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

So long as when you're called on it, you admit the wrong too.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

How pathetic,can't even beat a terrible Florida team! Offense wasn't good but special teams is what lost it for them, 2 touchdowns given up by special teams, that was the difference in the game,Urban's first priority has got to be get them specials team shored up,JT was probably rolling his eyes today after that performance.At times Miller looked like a deer in headlights when he went back to pass and has got to make quicker decisions next year, and not give up a sack, and the fumble by Posey wow,just an embarrassing game today all around

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Thankfully the season is over.

My summary observations:

1.) Thanks are owed to Fickle for manning up and taking on
an almost impossible challenge. He did not succeed but
he conducted himself as a gentleman.

2.) The available talent was not as good as was thought at the
start of the season. Lack of quality coaching played a big part
but the Bucks were a half step slow in quickness and game awareness
throughout much of the season.

3,) The pyschological hit to the program caused by the Tat 5 scandal and
Tressel's subsequent dismissal was greater than thought.

4.) Urban Myer is now on board and will lead the Buckeye program
to bigger and better things in the future. Given my points three and four,
it is going to take Coach Myer a little longer to accomplish this than
what many fans will expect.

There were still some great Buckeye football moments during 2011 and
2012 will be better for those who see the world through scarlet and
gray glasses.
Last edited by Omega on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

PA passes with slow developing routes are not going to get accurate throws when the O line can't protect!

Bollman doesn't give short checks.

Meyer will fix the idiocy in the play calling.

OSU has more talent than a very large majority of teams, but it is way too often used wrong!

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Once the Gator found out that Miller can not throw the deep paa on target this one was easy for their defense.

I am calling it now and it won't be liked, but when time shows me to be correct on this I will again bring this up.

With Miller leading the offense the Buckeyes won't be any better next season even with a new coaching staff.
I'v said that about Miller since about his third game. He is not the QB of the future if OSU is to go 10-2,11-1 or a National Title. A lot of posters on here need to see things for what they are and not for what they want. I want the Bucks to be winners but it won't be with Miller. Get him a tat and a ticket, out of town!

EasternDscout
Riding the Bench

Post by EasternDscout »

CONGRATS gATORS

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Just trying to play devils advocate here.

1. Braxton Miller will be fine. I hope you do understand he was playing high school football last year. He will probably always be a better runner then passer, but he will get better. To act like a true freshmen should be completing 70% of his passes is silly. I said this back in August and I think most buckeye posters will back me up, Miller was not ready to be a college QB full time, but he IS the best they have, so he HAD to play. I also said that freshmen in general should not play, 99% of them aren't ready mentally or physically. With all of this being said, Miller will be your QB for the next 4 years, period. He will be a perfect fit of Meyer's offense.

2. The talent is there, but very young. I have seen this first hand the past 3 years. Michigan has talent, but when you are relying on majority of underclass players to carry your load, this is never a good thing. Is OSU as talented as they have been? Probably not, but they will be fine.

3. That offensive line has no excuse. They start what 3 5-stars that have all been starters for what minimum 2-3 years? They were mentally weak imo.

4. Urban Meyer will do a great job at OSU, and looking at the Big Ten, there are only a handful of teams capable of beating OSU next year imo. Wisconsin and Michigan State are going to have to replace QB's. OSU will be fine.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

7:00 am team meeting with Meyer this morning.

Florida fans will recognize the phrase "Black Tuesday".
The players will need pen, paper, running shoes, and a barf bag!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Peake, talking about the offensive line I saw somewhere that Shugart kept his bowl streak of 2 false starts alive. He has had 2 false start penalties in 4 consectutive bowl games. Also he has had 1 false start in 24 staright games.

I agree if Miller had went into the season with the belief he would have been starting it would have been different, but there was no intention of starting him till Bauserman just sucked. So basically he got thrown in there without any preperation. He showed signs of what he can do like say against Wisconsin, but he also showed he was a freshman that wasnt just yet ready.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tigercannon71 wrote:Peake, talking about the offensive line I saw somewhere that Shugart kept his bowl streak of 2 false starts alive. He has had 2 false start penalties in 4 consectutive bowl games. Also he has had 1 false start in 24 staright games.

I agree if Miller had went into the season with the belief he would have been starting it would have been different, but there was no intention of starting him till Bauserman just sucked. So basically he got thrown in there without any preperation. He showed signs of what he can do like say against Wisconsin, but he also showed he was a freshman that wasnt just yet ready.

I dont know if this stat has been tracked, but I would think that Shuggarts surpassed Boone for the all time leader in false starts during his OSU career.

On top of that, Brewster, IMO, wasnt as good as last year. I also think Mike Adams made little impact during his return from the Tat 5 scandal. He was ok, but not nearly as good as advertised. Our TE's were the surest blockers we had this year and they didnt commit many penalties.

That is sad.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The offensive line has had big time recruits that start for years. But they do not get better by the time they graduate. Hopefully the new line coach can push them to get better and the false starts are something you do not need to do all the time.

I agree with White Whiskers on Miller as a QB. People want to think he will be fine but he did not continue to improve this year. He shows flashes of being good but maybe more of an athlete than QB in my opinion. Sure his offensive line and play calling were not good this year. Guess time will tell.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Did you watch Denard Robinson as a freshmen? Miller will be fine.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Bleeding Red wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Peake, talking about the offensive line I saw somewhere that Shugart kept his bowl streak of 2 false starts alive. He has had 2 false start penalties in 4 consectutive bowl games. Also he has had 1 false start in 24 staright games.

I dont know if this stat has been tracked, but I would think that Shuggarts surpassed Boone for the all time leader in false starts during his OSU career.

On top of that, Brewster, IMO, wasnt as good as last year. I also think Mike Adams made little impact during his return from the Tat 5 scandal. He was ok, but not nearly as good as advertised. Our TE's were the surest blockers we had this year and they didnt commit many penalties.

That is sad.
I heard or read this somewhere, not my quote but I wish it was.

I bet Shugarts was even born premature! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

peake wrote:Did you watch Denard Robinson as a freshmen? Miller will be fine.
Denard is more of an athlete than QB. He was replaced during this season with the backup QB when they wanted to throw in some games. As well as being moved around to positions so they could get him the ball. This also got him dinged up in games. Where he had to miss time on the field.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I mean I guess I get what you are saying, but Denard has thrown for more yards and ran for more with a higher completion percentage then Mike Vick. Is Denard a great QB, no, but he just won 10 games and I am pretty sure OSU would take that next year. Denard looks a lot like Troy Smith did at this point in his career (denards obviously a better runner).

My point is athlete or not, Miller will get better.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Another big and slow OL. .Will it ever change?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

GAHS7462 wrote:Another big and slow OL. .Will it ever change?
It begins to change NOW!

Tressel wanted to run aspects of the spread, but wanted big powerful linemen.

Meyer will run the spread, and have linemen that can move, and at minimum react to a stunt, and wait for the guy to get in his zone instead of doubling and getting burnt.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
GAHS7462 wrote:Another big and slow OL. .Will it ever change?
It begins to change NOW!

Tressel wanted to run aspects of the spread, but wanted big powerful linemen.

Meyer will run the spread, and have linemen that can move, and at minimum react to a stunt, and wait for the guy to get in his zone instead of doubling and getting burnt.

I agree with you. The 2 remaining offensive lineman (Mewhort and Norwell) might not stand much of a chance next year. At worst case, he can live with them next year and then begin to recruit the style of offensive lineman that he needs for his offense. Maybe the two of them are light enough at 300lbs to eventually be able to move the way they need to in his offense.

Change is on the horizon. One thing is certain, next year the offense wont be near as bad as what we had to endure this year.

Return to “College Sports”