Does OSU Rebound Today?

Muleskinner
Riding the Bench

Does OSU Rebound Today?

Post by Muleskinner »

The Buckeyes come out today and try to get focused and play a Troy team that is unpredictable . The Bucks pull one out but closer than what people think.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Re: Does OSU Rebound Today?

Post by oak_a_holic »

What time does the game start?

Muleskinner
Riding the Bench

Post by Muleskinner »

12 noon on Big Ten Network

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

What's the excuse today Buckeye fans? When they played poor against Ohio it was they were looking forward to USC and you gave no credit to Ohio. Are the Buckeyes looking past Troy to Minnesota!

Muleskinner
Riding the Bench

Post by Muleskinner »

No i believe that in college ball, anybody can beat anybody on any day. Ohio and Troy has a great program. It would not have surprised me at all if they got beat by them 2 teams. Ohio State isnt as good as what people think.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Muleskinner,
You are a very wise poster. Many people do not think that way. They have their blinders on and do not give the other teams credit

Ohio State has some of the greatest fans in the world, but they do not go to the games. The crowd noise is a joke. I am watching the Tennessee game right now, they are down 17 and the crowd noise is better than a non-capacity crowd at Ohio State.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

know your role wrote:Muleskinner,
You are a very wise poster. Many people do not think that way. They have their blinders on and do not give the other teams credit

Ohio State has some of the greatest fans in the world, but they do not go to the games. The crowd noise is a joke. I am watching the Tennessee game right now, they are down 17 and the crowd noise is better than a non-capacity crowd at Ohio State.
\

LOL. UT is playing Florida, genius. See what the OSU crowd is like against PSU and Michigan. OSU has always been a quiet home crowd against non-conference, unranked opponents. It is like that at every big time school.

Anyway, OSU beat a solid Troy team (especially on offense) by 18 with a true Frosh QB, a backup RB, one of their best O-linemen out, and without one of their starting WRs.

That being said, OSU needs to get much better. I think it starts with a nasty attitude. These guys look like they are just playing, except for the young guys who play with energy and enthusiasm.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Orestes said:
That being said, OSU needs to get much better. I think it starts with a nasty attitude. These guys look like they are just playing, except for the young guys who play with energy and enthusiasm.

I one hundred percent agree. Being devoted to senior players is all and good but c'mon, this ain't pee-wee ball, put the guys in that are fired up and want this. One guy I'm really impressed with is Jermale Hines, quick as can be, and wants to make big plays.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

I will wait until they play those teams and it will be the same. Ohio State fans at the games are terrible. Booing Boeckman c'mon. They did beat a solid Troy team you are right. Troy beat a very strong Alcorn and South Central Arkansas Tech. I am sure you will say that the defense played flat because they are amping up for a stellar Minnesota Golden Gophers team. Genius.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

know your role wrote:I will wait until they play those teams and it will be the same. Ohio State fans at the games are terrible. Booing Boeckman c'mon. They did beat a solid Troy team you are right. Troy beat a very strong Alcorn and South Central Arkansas Tech. I am sure you will say that the defense played flat because they are amping up for a stellar Minnesota Golden Gophers team. Genius.

Going into the game, Troy was a slayer of giants, a team that gave Georgia fits (and put up nearly 500 yards on them) last year. A game that Ohio State couldn't afford to overlook, or they'd lose.

Once the game is over, and it's a decisive win: "it's just Troy, whoopie."

Sagarin had Troy #50-ish -- in the vicinity of Michigan State (#44), and ahead of Northwestern (#58), Minnesota (#60), Purdue (#62), Illinois(!) (#66) -- all teams remaining on Ohio State's schedule.

That leaves just Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State.

And yes, the crowd WILL be much better against the well-known teams. I have been to stadiums everywhere, during big games, OSU is top notch.

No, I will not say OSU played flat because of the competition. I think they looked unenthusiastic against USC. There is something wrong with this team, and it isn't talent or scheme. For some reason, these guys are not playing with a great deal of passion. They are just .... "playing."

Oh, and I agree about booing Boeckman. It was totally classless, and I would like to punch the booers in their collective throats. If I were at the game, and someone near me was booing TB, I would have told them how I felt. I have done it before. It is shameful.

TB took a grey shirt to play at OSU. He waited for years to get playing time. He never complained. He worked hard. He has always supported his teammates. He even helped Pryor. The other players love him. He has always handled himself with class. Booing him is pathetic. I am ok with Pryor being QB, but booing any amateur athlete is wrong.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

We agree on something so I will leave you alone now. Penn State hasn't played anyone yet, but they are destroying teams they should destroy.

Return to “College Sports”